The VG Resource

Full Version: Super Smash Bros Rumble
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
*snickers*
THIS IS FOR DS
Super Smash Bros Rumble Demo 0.7 is now released! Brought you you by the coders, Neeher, Diddy, and PS991, the new features include:

8 new stages, 10 new characters, unlockables, credits(on the vault screen), double jump(some characters can jump more than 2), pause, run (double tap the D-Pad), side collision, new graphics, some new character sprites (Olimar, Geno) and a CPU!

Since you only start out with a few characters in the beginning, you will have to unlock the rest by exploring the features mentioned above (HINT HINT!). There is only a max of 31 characters that can be unlocked and the rest will remain locked, so don't freak out and spend hours trying to unlock them all.

New stages include:
Battlefield
Treetop Town
Kamek Castle
Delfino Plaza
Brinstar
Hachiko
Jungle Japes
The Beginning

PROBLEMS:
The cpu is really glitchy right now, If you have one on the screen, it will mess with player 1's jump. Also, the cpu tends to fall through the floor and teleport about the stage. This is not permanent and we only included a cpu in this demo to show you, the fans, that the coders are only a few errors away from having a functioning cpu.

Because of the enormous file size, music has not been included in this demo. Do not think that your speakers are broken.

If you are playing on an emulator, you will not be able to save the characters that you have unlocked. On the DS, however, you can save the unlockables.

Hey, you. YEAH YOU! Are you sure that you read the ENTIRE post? Don't makie some posts in the glitches thread about things mentioned above, or else you will be punished...
http://www.mediafire.com/?mmmwjjzyiym
It wouldbe preferable if you were to post some screenshots.
These are the latest release screenshots.
[Image: m4oPr.png]
And these are from the second latest.
[Image: vEn12.png][Image: MhSgS.png]
[Image: XV5CU.png]

And you can find more screenshots here.
Huh, doesn't look half-bad. There's noticable sprite clashing, however.
as the page suggest, its a rather ver 0.2 than anything a way too early alpha of anything, but the UI and other stuff works to say something.

i'd recomend that, when you post these screenshots mention what is avaliable on each version(gameplay wise), because as it is now its just a mere display of placeholders.
Ok, I would like to clarify that this demo is using placeholder sprites. We have less spriters than coders right now, so the coding was getting a little bit ahead of the sprites, so we had to use placholders for now. The sprites are currently being edited to fit the Rumble Style, which is pretty much M&L3. PLEASE DO NOT BASH THE SPRITE CLASHING JUST YET.

Also, since the game is in such an early stage, SRG should NOT have posted it here. He did this without anyone telling him to and without permission.

Finally, if you are interested in the game, visit the blog, here: http://ssbrumble.info/
Awesome that people are taking sprites from our project to use in their own game.
(12-03-2009, 07:04 PM)Diddy Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I would like to clarify that this demo is using placeholder sprites. We have less spriters than coders right now, so the coding was getting a little bit ahead of the sprites, so we had to use placholders for now. The sprites are currently being edited to fit the Rumble Style, which is pretty much M&L3. PLEASE DO NOT BASH THE SPRITE CLASHING JUST YET.
This post earns a whole lot of respect from me just for the fact that you guys noticed sprite clashing as a legitimate problem and are trying to fix it!

Hope it goes well. Smile
@Diddy- sorry, I guess I should think before I do something like this next time.
@devs of the spriters-resource ssb project- To clarify, we didnt use any of you guys' sprites in this and probably will not, so IF youre thinkin that were stealing anything, well, were not.