The VG Resource

Full Version: Petey SMW Style C+C.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so a few hours ago I was looking for a Petey Piranha in Super Mario World style. However, my search was all for naught. So therefor I decided to make my own. Now what I would appreciate from the public is some criticism on the sprite. And if possible I would also like one of the palettes on the far right to be chosen. I'm not sure which one to go with. (This sprite is 100% custom.)

Thank you for your time and help. I really appreciate it.

P.S. If there is already a Petey in SMW style I would like a link if you have the time.

[Image: peteysmwstyle.png]
This is the first SMW Petey I've seen, and and excellent sprite you've got right here. I'd go with the pallet to the right of Mario.
Looks pretty good but I think the head is abit small...
I really don't think the head needs to be any bigger, Alcala. It is bigger than Mario's whole sprite.
Believe it or not that's too detailed for SMW! SMW is a very simplistic style.
koopaul is right. for a smw sprite he's way too detailed.
the third one with a bot more saturated colors(and/or a more accurate smw palette) would be the best one.
"Believe it or not that's too detailed for SMW! SMW is a very simplistic style."

I agree. After I had added all the shading in the pose to the left of Mario I noticed that. I tried fixing it, but all my attempts were to uninteresting.

"koopaul is right. for a smw sprite he's way too detailed.
the third one with a bot more saturated colors(and/or a more accurate smw palette) would be the best one."

Actually all the colors on the last three sprites are from SMW sprites. So it really is an accurate palette. And thnx for the advice. I'll be sure to work on it.
Yeah...it's a nicely done sprite but it isn't quite SMW style. Not only the shading, but his head would probably look more in style if it wasn't tilted. Also most of the enemy sprites in SMW are side views.
It does not fit with smw and your colors are too complex. Forget the dithering, make your shading smoother, and NEVER use the circle tool again.
his proportions could use some tweaking too. If you look at a lot of the sprites in smw they have crazy exaggeraged proportions.