The VG Resource

Full Version: Custom Spike (From SMB3)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: 33z9yqf.png]
The most recent one. I haven't gotten C&C on it, so I don't know anyone's opinions.Sad
C&C please!
I... dont recall this particular character being on super mario bros 3...
(11-27-2009, 06:43 PM)Lv47Thief Metaru Wrote: [ -> ]I... dont recall this particular character being on super mario bros 3...

He is actually. He takes a spiked ball out of his mouth and throws it at you.
(11-27-2009, 06:43 PM)Lv47Thief Metaru Wrote: [ -> ]I... dont recall this particular character being on super mario bros 3...

He didn't appear often.
But still, any comments about the sprite?
Wait, I think I have Spike confused with Gabon.
sorry to ask again but could you post the original one?
The original from SMB3? Well, sure.
(11-27-2009, 06:53 PM)ProtoTroid X Wrote: [ -> ]

He didn't appear often.
But still, any comments about the sprite?
Wait, I think I have Spike confused with Gabon.

Gabon is Spike's Japanese name. In Yoshi's Story, they used Gabon either to differentiate t=he two due to size differences, of bad translating.

Anyways, nice sprite.
man I can't remember him in smb3 but i guess he was Tongue
got from tSR's NES sprites, just to explain:
[Image: enemies.png]

the one below Dry Bones.

The sprite is cool, but I think it needs to be smoother (head and beak)
Could you be more specific? Like, fix the shading and make it look smoother? What is it you mean?
Better colors and smoother shading would be nice. Also, go play smb3 and enter world 3-7.
I have to admit, the colors might be off, but they add a nice look to this guy and give it an interesting style. If anything, when you sheet this (if you do), keep this color on as an alt color. Honeslty though, the colors aren't off if you are compairing it to current day Spikes. The one in SMB3 is different from todays if I'm not mistaken.
I've been working on it. I still havent changed the colors, and I'm thinking about how the walk animation could be done. On the colors, I think the original Spike was more of a blue-green, or teal. I'm not sure which.
now that i see it, SMB3 has a ton of enemies. it would make a good challenge if we all pick one and revamp it(even if its just one frame).
(12-02-2009, 08:02 PM)Lv47Thief Metaru Wrote: [ -> ]now that i see it, SMB3 has a ton of enemies. it would make a good challenge if we all pick one and revamp it(even if its just one frame).

Would there be an attempted style that would be aimed for? Because that sounds like a cool idea.
Pages: 1 2