The VG Resource

Full Version: ITEMS!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Yeah forgot about those huh?

Well this is a topic discussing the items situation in the game. Talk about what to remove or add or whatever.

In my opinion I think we should remove the Dragoon. First of all we already have too many Kirby items and also its so powerful that when someone has it a Smash Ball won't appear. I think Warp Star is good enough don't you?

Next remove the Golden Hammer. Why have a better version of an already powerful item?
Remove the Golden Hammer, de-nerf the actual Hammer.
we should nerf some of the cheaper items, deku nut, bumper, ray gun, fire flower
Yeah Deku Nut is too explosive it should just stun people that's useful enough.

But Bumper, Ray Gun and Fire Flower seem fine to me.
(11-26-2009, 10:33 PM)koopaul Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah Deku Nut is too explosive it should just stun people that's useful enough.

But Bumper, Ray Gun and Fire Flower seem fine to me.

Bumper just about kills anyone over 50 percent when it's thrown, kills over 70.

It needs some nerfing.
Bumpers pretty much been the same since the original Smash Brothers. Theres only one item like it in the entire game, its meant to throw you a far distance if you touch it. It also does not get thrown incredibly far, you really shouldn't be that close to your opponent with any item anyways. Personally, I think its fine as is.
can we get rid of the gooey bomb? That was annoying, and there wasn't much use for it.

does smart bomb need nerfing?
I liked Gooey bomb Sad
I don't think the Smart Bomb should change, unless it's explosion diameter is minimized.
I'd also say Dragoons out, but more of a programmer's standpoint, as well as a spriter's standpoint. I imagine it would be pretty bothersome to add special mechanics just for one item. It's not all that hard to do, it's just too much work. Also, it adds one more sprite to do, the Dragoon back sprite, meaning, spriting the character from behind, sitting on the Dragoon.
Gooey Bomb's are fun though we need to get rid of the Golden Hammer annoying as hell. Also the bumper does need to be nerfed down because what does in Brawl is just crazy.
Superspicy Curry needs to gtfo for sure.
Are you keeping the part where the hammerhead comes off?
(11-26-2009, 11:09 PM)GaryCXJk Wrote: [ -> ]I'd also say Dragoons out, but more of a programmer's standpoint, as well as a spriter's standpoint. I imagine it would be pretty bothersome to add special mechanics just for one item. It's not all that hard to do, it's just too much work. Also, it adds one more sprite to do, the Dragoon back sprite, meaning, spriting the character from behind, sitting on the Dragoon.

What kind of special mechanics?
Pick all three pieces, the character will fly off with the dragoon (three sprites, one of each parts merging together, one more for the dragoon itself facing the screen, one for the character sitting on it facing the screen) and then just add the aim thing, and then two sprites - one of the dragoon facing in the opposite direction of the screen, and another one of the character sitting on the dragoon facing in the opposite direction of the screen, dashing incredibly fast, knocking the foe out of the screen (we would have to cut that special zoom when the dragoon hits someone though). It doesn't seem hard to me.

The only item that seems to be okay to take it out is the Golden Hammer, and that's it. The rest can be nerfed/improved, like the Superspicy Curry that definately needs some nerfing so that the enemy can have a chance to dodge the fireballs, or that makes the player uncapable of using certain moves while with the Curry. We should remember, we're not making this game for ourselves, there are a ton of fans outside that would be pissed if we take certain items of because they might like playing with them.

Oh and also, we need the return of the Red Shell >:
Bring back the parasol.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11