Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: Which Weapon should Isaac use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Sword
70.00%
42 70.00%
Axe
30.00%
18 30.00%
Total 60 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Isaac
I'm pretty sure he's confirmed in idk.

ANYWAY, regarding the whole "sword" thing, we have a lot of them. Should Issac use a sword or axe?
Thanked by:
Issac can also use a Mace too. Throwing that out there.

Also, Golden Sun's "Gaia Blade" has always been the "Ultima Weapon" in Issac's first game. I don't see why Marth and Ike can go around using Falchion and Ragnell and Issac forced out of his signature weapon.

Issac should be primarily Psy Energy based, but his triple A combo should use the sword.
Thanked by:
Pretty much what Davis just said.
Thanked by:
sadgsagsfdga

Tyvon how the fuck do you know my old name. =x.
Thanked by:
CAUSE IM SMRT.
Thanked by:
If it's his signature weapon, I vote sword.
Thanked by:
Yeah, we don't want to force him to sheath his signature weapon. Maybe we can just go light on it. But we don't want him to be another Ness/Lucas either. Hmm...
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
I've only played the first Golden Sun, but I do know that some weapons had their own special attacks or something like that from what I remember.

Now this probably isn't the best idea, but perhaps Isaac could be able to switch swords during a fight? Like he has the Gaia Blade and another sword that he can swap between to alter his moves and have different effects.

...I dunno.
Thanked by:
Now that could be a fun idea. Down-B to swap weapons, different weapons have different effects? What are the creatures in GS? Do they have anything to do with equipment?
Thanked by:
Well, Djinni, the little creatures, change the Psynergy that a character can use. For example, combining Earth and Water? Djinni lets the character use plant-like psynergy.
Thanked by:
Maybe we could use that angle?
Thanked by:
I say make weaker A attacks utilize his sword, and stronger and Smash attacks could utilize one of GS's magic spells or psyenergy attacks. The game had a LOT of combinations. Even if you limit them to just Venus Dijnni based magic attacks, there is still a wide range. However, I don't think he SHOULD be limited to Venus Dijinni, those are his semi-trademark Dijinni, but he could easily equip others and get a plethora of awesome magic attacks. There's one where he makes pugni sticks shoot up out of the ground, that would make a bitchin' down A Smash.

Also, keep the sword, I feel its his signature weapon. I mean, he appears in Brawl with a sword on his back, his strongest weapon is a sword, and one of his strongest Venus-based magic attacks involves sending a sword hurtling down from the sky (I LOVE that move). Some research would need to be done to fully capitalize on his wiiiiide variety of moves. So... get to it. Tom Guycott commands. :>
Thanked by:
I'm not the best candidate. I never played Golden Sun. Who wants to tackle a moveset, and maybe an idea so he doesn't have to use his sword all the time?
Thanked by:
Here's a ROOOOUGH sample moveset. I have put thought into it in the past, but it's been so long since I played the first, and I never experienced the second firsthand. But this will get the ball rolling. I don't have a COMPLETE set yet either.

A Down Smash: Punji Strike (Bamboo spears shoot up from below on both sides of him)
A Up Smash: Ray (Magnetic storm focused above his head)

Air Neutral: Tornado (Wind slices around him)
Air Down: Nova (Creates an explosion below him)
Air Up: Prism (Ice crystal attack)

B Up: Glacier OR Eruption (Rides up either on a burst of lava, or an ice pillar bursting upward)
B Smash: Planet Diver (Rushes forward while encompassed in flame, like a meteor)
B Down: Psyenergy - This one is a little more abstract to describe... Remember how he has the giant psyenergy hand in brawl that pushes you? The hand is used for a large number of Psyenergy skills in the games, as I recall, just that different actions had different names, for example, Force was when the hand shot out and knocked into something as a fist. Here's what I propose: Down B activates the hand, making it appear in front of him with the fingers open. While active, Isaac can't move, getting hit enough to flinch will deactivate the hand, and maybe a dash can cancel it to. Also, the "active" state of the hand isn't long, picture it like an FE counter or Peach's Toad. Basically, the action of the hand will depend on the joystick motions in conjunction with the B button, which makes the hand react when pressed again. To balance some of the actions I'm listing, this can only be performed while on the ground.

Psyenergy Active Commands:
None: Hand will catch objects or trap incoming enemies and squeeze them once for damage.
B Neutral: Hand will rest in space as an undamaging wall. Only lasts a short while and using Psyenergy again either makes it disappear, or you can't use Psyenergy again until it disappears (This function seems like it might be imbalanced though by being able to make walls)
B tilt/Smash: Hand becomes a fist and flies forward. Speed of travel would be determined by the power of the joystick press. Doesn't travel far.
B Up: Hand snatches at the air above Isaac. If it catches a player, it basically throws them down like a suplex kind of move.
B Down: Smashes the ground with a fist or open palm for DK style Down B-age OR Dijinni Change (See last part of post)

Final Smash Suggestions:
1. "Giant Sword Attack" : A giant sword falls from the sky, either diagonally down or from straight up. There are a lot of magic attacks where swords fall from the sky in GS, lots to choose from
2. "Summon Attack" : GS also has a crapload of summons. The two most powerful ones that I associate with Isaac because of his Venus affiliation is Judgement and Catastrophe(?). Basically, a big armored angel-god-knight thing fires down a blast or a beam from straight up

I personally feel the best way for him to work is have representation of all four elemental types in his attacks. HOWEVER, I did think up one variation , either through taunting or through the other Down B Down B function I had up there, where he SWITCHED dijinni. The result changes the aesthetic feel of his attacks (for example, Punji Strike suddenly becomes shards of ice shooting up out of the ground), and MAYBE side effects. Fire could leave burning, and ice could freeze, but the imbalance with that is that the other two types don't have an associated status ailment.. maybe lightning could be really fast, light attacks, and earth very slow. -Shrugs-

Anyway, that's a place to start.

Also, here's a GameFAQs document from Golden Sun II listing and describing the attacks. The only trouble is that there is no video to showcase what it looks like, but it'll still help I think. Also most of the really good attacks were brought back, and most have also had additional, more powerful versions added on to them, one example being Ragnarok (the sword from the sky attack) and Odyssey (the stronger version).

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvan...1356/23198
Thanked by:
Personally I think we should stick to venus djinni as if Isaac Had slayer or lord class. What If we had catch as a tether like move which you could use to grab on to the stages side, for an up b. You could have Odyessy as the neutral b, like a charge up move that you throw, that gets bigger but thrown shorter the longer you charge( gravity's effect on the psyenergy sword)
Thanked by: