Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: Do you like the game so far?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
100.00%
8 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[FANGAME][COMPLETE] Donkey Kong Country 4 - The DK Bay
Donkey Kong Country 4 / Donkey Kong Islands (cant choose...)

For a while now Ive been making a Donkey Kong Country Fan game using GM7 Lite complete with the animal helpers, bonus coins, map screens, bosses, roll jumping etc. Ive posted the first two worlds on Yoyogames but I have completed all the worlds except for half of the final bonus world level. There will be a sixth world and a bonus world on top of that.

Screenshots can be found on the game page or on the following main game thread

http://www.dkc-atlas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=972
Not all screenshots are in the demo

The progress can also be monitored using this thread as it is updated regularly.

Any feedback would be nice. You can play the full game...

HERE!

Game is to be released in December 2010
[Image: diddyknongquestbanner.jpg]

Escape - Untitled MC

Who likes hip-hop? Listen and leave comments. Thats my bro on the mic. He makes his own beats too.
Thanked by:
Aside from the inconsistencies in sprite style, e only problems I've found are:

1. Your controls are backwards. Z should be jump and X should be roll, not the other way around.
2. Why to your ground ledges slope downward? You can't land land on the slopes, so why have them there if you just fall through and die?
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
The graphics are a complete eyesore and the HUD looks messy.

I'm not going to play it until i can look at it without my eyes watering.
Thanked by:
While I agree about the HUD part and the sprite mixing inconsistencies, the "graphics being an eyesore" part doesn't really make sense.
It's about 90% in style.
Thanked by:
From what I see in the screenshots, there's a lot of pixel stretching, and the graphics are subpar. Some things you can see some effort, others it's so obvious that it's just slapped together.
Thanked by:
screenshots 3 & 4
Thanked by:
I see what you're saying on screenshot 4. Did you actually play it though? I did, and it looked fine to me.
Thanked by:
I try to get graphics that fit in but im not good at spriting so i realy have to rely on what i can find. some of the enemies i wish i had better sprites but unless someone makes something, i really have no options

the HUD isnt supposed to be anything special. THe orginal DKC games didnt have anything special in the HUD

Escape - Untitled MC

Who likes hip-hop? Listen and leave comments. Thats my bro on the mic. He makes his own beats too.
Thanked by:
The big problem is that it doesn't look like a DKC game. Almost everything is ripped from those, so why not use them?
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
(09-16-2009, 04:08 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: The big problem is that it doesn't look like a DKC game. Almost everything is ripped from those, so why not use them?

I have tried many times but unfortunatley they are extremely hard to use. more specifically the tilesets because i cant have the sprites and random tilesets. the tiles are very hard to pick out and turn into a tilesheet. I would if i could but it would take literally forever to do.

Escape - Untitled MC

Thanked by:
Just download Paint.NET and use the wand select feature.. gets each individual sprite out easily..

And I like the game so far, good job! Big Grin
I've got a fancy little website, if you'd like to click here and check it out.
Thanked by:
I actually agree with A_Penn on the tileset issue. The prerendered graphics are harder to put together, imo.
I also personally like the cartoony graphics more.
Thanked by:
Pretty cool!
Thanked by:
great game! except it was lagging but thats maybe just for me? I didn't play trough the first level though as I died the end. you might also want to remove the saving and loading wherever/whenever you want function (f5 and f6)
Thanked by:
(11-11-2009, 12:45 PM)Ghork Wrote: great game! except it was lagging but thats maybe just for me? I didn't play trough the first level though as I died the end. you might also want to remove the saving and loading wherever/whenever you want function (f5 and f6)

Thanks. I cant do anything for the lag on slower systems because the computer that I was making it on was having the same problem too.So I went through the coding and fixed up a few things. But the game still wasnt able to run full speed so I just used a faster one and it ran with absolutely no lag whatsoever.

The saving loading thing I will get rid of, I just keep forgetting to when I post demos. Im going to have a different system for saving which is going to be like the original DKC games.

Escape - Untitled MC

Thanked by: