Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: Who should it be?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Micaiah
14.29%
7 14.29%
Sothe
12.24%
6 12.24%
Black Knight
16.33%
8 16.33%
Lyn
51.02%
25 51.02%
Other
6.12%
3 6.12%
Total 49 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Fire Emblem character suggestions
The poll will be later. I just want a feel for who we're kicking around. I (and others) don't know this series very well, so if you could put an explanation of their fighting style, a couple attacks, and maybe a picture of them, that'd be great.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
This is a difficult one. Fire Emblem lacks characters that are iconic/ memorable to the series as a whole (aside from the obvious ones)

They have a new cast often throughout the series. So in term of importance, its hard to know what character to choose.

Thanked by:
Yeah. The goals I'm setting here are A) a female character and B) A non-sword user. Hopefully that will help. Like with other decisions, I can be swayed from this.
Thanked by:
(09-06-2009, 11:51 AM)Tonberry2k Wrote: Yeah. The goals I'm setting here are A) a female character and B) A non-sword user. Hopefully that will help. Like with other decisions, I can be swayed from this.

Mmmm... If you like a female character non-sword usser, maybe the best option will be Micaiah (A perfect charact of the last Fire Emblem)
Thanked by:
Micaiah would probably be best for this. She's a mage, she has a large diversity of attacks, and she's female (duh).

Any thirds to this motion?
[Image: orb21.png][Image: orb22.png][Image: orb23.png]
Thanked by:
*poops on topic* does this work

Recently just got into the series, and I have to say Sothe. im gay for him
[Image: 424pxsothe.jpg]
Rogue class; he's got good agility and his specialty is picking locks on doors and treasure chests. His signature weapon in Radiant Dawn is the Kard, a dagger that has a good crit rate.
He's a Rogue which is a promotion of Thief; and in Radiant Dawn he's a powerful character when you first get him ('cuz he's already promoted)

With this being Smash, you can be a little more flexible on character canon. Skills that rogues have in Fire Emblem are Pick, Steal and Shove.
Rogues can pick locks without a door key.
They can also pickpocket enemies that have Drop items (in other words you don't have to kill the unit, just steal their shit)
and Shove, which lets you push an allied unit out of the way 1 space (not sure why you'd use it, though)

Anyway way; if you want me to make up a complete character for him, heh OK

Imagine a character that's between Marth and Sheik - an agile FE-style character but rather light in comparison to Marth. That's Sothe. I'd say he's about the same running speed as Metaknight - which is a little quicker than Marth and a little slower than Sheik.

halfassed specials lol
i haven't thought of a B attack yet. Maybe something similar to his animation for a critical hit in FE10.
Side-B: something similar to Ike's - but instead, he travels at blinding speed, so he'll go through enemies rather than stop upon contact. It's weaker and has OK knockback; it's a good side-recovery
Up-B: Similar to Captain Falcon's except upon contact it's a throat-slice/kickoff.
Down-B: A counter. whoa. The window for it is longer than Marth's and does about equal damage to the enemy's attack but little knockback.

so uh yeah.

edit: wait what the hell no sothe is awesome what's this about a non-swordusing female this topic blows now what am i gonna do with micaiah
SACRIFICE MY HP TO OTHER MEMBERS the enemy to death?
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:
either everything Kosh posted on Lyn.
Thanked by:
(09-06-2009, 01:33 PM)Kosheh Wrote: edit: wait what the hell no sothe is awesome what's this about a non-swordusing female this topic blows now what am i gonna do with micaiah

Sorry dude, but we're not sexist (at least I hope we're not), and we've got too many sword users as is, though Sothe could be DLC later on if we expand the roster of non-sword-users first so we can keep some sort of equilibrium. (this however would probably be much later, and I'm not promising anything, I'm just an idea guy here)
Thanked by:
How

was that post sexist.

It was acurate.
Thanked by:
(09-06-2009, 01:39 PM)Black Boo Wrote: Sorry dude, but we're not sexist (at least I hope we're not), and we've got too many sword users as is, though Sothe could be DLC later on if we expand the roster of non-sword-users first so we can keep some sort of equilibrium.

A dagger is not a sword, there's a rather large difference. Just pointing that out.
Thanked by:
(09-06-2009, 01:39 PM)Black Boo Wrote:
(09-06-2009, 01:33 PM)Kosheh Wrote: edit: wait what the hell no sothe is awesome what's this about a non-swordusing female this topic blows now what am i gonna do with micaiah

Sorry dude, but we're not sexist (at least I hope we're not), and we've got too many sword users as is, though Sothe could be DLC later on if we expand the roster of non-sword-users first so we can keep some sort of equilibrium. (this however would probably be much later, and I'm not promising anything, I'm just an idea guy here)

i'm not being sexist it's just

The extent of Micaiah's attacks are
Light-based magic
Sacrifice
and Shove

Now I understand Marth and Ike had purely made-up attacks based on animations from FE, but...
Micaiah...honestly, I can't even imagine Micaiah raising a hand to anybody except to do magic, and you don't want a pure magic user or she's just gonna end up being a Zelda clone.
and you know where that went

I'm not purposely being sexist, it's just part of Micaiah's character - she's really a pacifist.

If you want a character from Radiant Dawn, I'd go with Heather - although she's too minor IMO which is why I went with Sothe.
Heather's pretty much Sothe except...can't promote to Whisper [hence can't use Bane - an attack that lowers the enemy HP to 1]
Thanked by:
Heh...wow guys...the sexist comment was kind of sarcasm.

Anyway, I know very litlle about the series and characters, so I should just shut up now.
Thanked by:
Additionally I would have said Leila from FE (GBA first one) - a female thief
but she isn't playable, is Matthew's fling and dies in the same chapter she's introduced

but she'd be perfect

BTW, if you're going to be canonfag, Marth, Roy and Ike are Lords [the characters in the game who are pretty much "captains" - if they die the game is over]
There are only two female Lords in Fire Emblem: Micaiah and Lyn...and Micaiah isn't really a Lord.
Leaving...Lyn

Sothe's also in both the US FE console games which is
uh

well he shares something in common with ike ok!!!!!
Thanked by:
Hm, I didn't know Mickjhfgklshg was a pacifist. That's kind of a snag. I don't want to use Lyn because she's ANOTHER sword user. Ike/Marth/Roy are already similar. I'd hate to water them down further.
Thanked by:
Just use Sothe, I like the idea.
Thanked by: