Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Devil May Cry fan character
[Image: 28l97ag.png] update.
so as you can see, i have gizmonic and mine from left to right.
now obviously gizmonic's is better quality, but at this point, im not at that level of spriting and i'll admit it.
so i edited my old one with the pallette and made a few changes, is this good enough to continue for now at least?
his name is Dylan Jones, (yes very original Tongue)
and im gonna weave him into Devil May Cry's story for my own purpose.
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by:
looks like a naruto character
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
Why is he stabbing himself in the head? [Image: tsrFACE3.png]
[Image: IGBanner.png]
Thanked by:
really? ,:\ i thought jeans and an overcoat would fix that, how can i make him feel less narutoish, skin tight leather pants? haha
and it doesnt look like he's just shouldering it? well i'll try to fix that too then. Tongue
Thanked by:
Wouldn't he be shouldering it on the blunt side, so as not to cut his arm off? A dark outline should be used, along with more contrast, unless there's some style you're trying to follow.
Thanked by:
i only use black out lines for the black swath of coloring, otherwhise every color has its own outline, and i guess i'll just flip the blade over my bad.
Thanked by:
you know its funny how i can tell a sprite's going to be bad just by the title
Thanked by: Ravecat
haha your so funny. i dont let garbage like that bother me Tongue besides its still in its WIP mode.
[Image: rvjz0o.png]
anywho, here's a few fixes still workin on how to make swords look like metal, so be a little patient. haha
Thanked by:
Okay weird thing... when I came into your topic i was kind blanking out and I crossed my eyes and when I looked at your character his anatomy looked completely different! if you stand a little back from the screen too it looks different, so I did a quick edit to show you how it looked compared to your sprite. I think the pose actually looks a lot better lol

*got rid of the trenchcoat tail for emphasis, and notice the the arms are the same ones you did. funny huh?
[Image: crosseyecharacteranatomy.png]
[Image: IGBanner.png]
Thanked by:
yours sucks so i played with colors and stuff
[Image: redo.png]
never use neutral grays
in general gray instead of black looks terrible
learn how to hueshift
more interesting blends of color - mix up your hues and saturations
ditch your dumb every color gets its own outline thing; it just creates extra pointless shades. every shade must have purpose and standout.

removed the other arm because it didn't work at all and the perspective and proportion is wrong.
didn't feel like making another.

still has a lot of problems but i dont feel like messing with it anymore
Thanked by:
if you dont mind could i work off your edit
and i know your harsh in words but as long as your giving reasons why it sucks i'll accept it, while i may suck now, hopefully i'll be as good as you and others one day,(and eventually as good as my hero in spriting GDKN) thank you for the advice.
and i'll work on that arm.
[Image: 28l97ag.png] sorry for double post but it's an update.
so as you can see, i have gizmonic and mine from left to right.
now obviously gizmonic's is better quality, but at this point, im not at that level of spriting and i'll admit it.
so i edited my old one with the pallette and made a few changes, is this good enough to continue for now at least?
Thanked by:
He has the exact same hair and face as the naruto character you did last time. The sword isn't much different either. You character design's pretty unimaginative/boring, dude.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by:
also is that JUS style
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
1, thats not JUS style, two, his eye's are different if you were to actually look, and all of my characters have distinctive qualities that make them mine, basically in the end i'll have one sprite project, each new sprite's a modification of the old one, so essentially, its the same character, im just trying to find my niche. and the swords hilt and shape is indeed different. Tongue
Thanked by:
(09-01-2009, 02:38 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: He has the exact same hair and face as the naruto character you did last time. The sword isn't much different either. You character design's pretty unimaginative/boring, dude.
bah

everyone starts off that way.

he's right though, try getting inspiration from places other than games and shows

find an artist you like, and study their work. what makes their designs more original than yours other than the fact that they did it first?

take elements from different timezones and try to combine them into a piece without making it look overly cliche

tl;dr you really need to stop backpedaling out of improving yourself here

start from scratch on your next project(that means no references older works of yours, and no copying something pixel for pixel)
Thanked by: