Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Serge from Chrono Cross
In Chrono Trigger style

[Image: sergesheet.png]

This is all I have so far, I want to make a full sheet of it but it's really time consuming :[

any tips, comments?
Thanked by:
That's probably the best Chrono conversion I've seen... It's not instantly or overtly obvious if it was a conversion at all. I would liven up the blues though just to make the body stand out more. Color wise it almost looks like a shadowy figure wearing a bright orange bandanna, like for safety or something. His legs looks a little stubby too, but that may just be the colors. Or just the fact that I'm almost half blind.
Thanked by:
I do agree with the colours - they seem very strange. The bright orange against the grimmer dark blues doesn't work too well. Brighten the blues a bit and I think it's pretty much perfect...

Ein's legs comment doesn't really stand up to me though - they're stubby because of the style, really.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
Yeah, the colors are giving me some trouble - Serge's clothes and hair are pretty dark, but I don't want to make it so dark it's ugly.

I'll keep messing around with it, hopefully I'll come up with a good alternative.
Thanked by:
Great job with the construction, but as they said above, liven up the colors.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
[Image: colorsu.png]

Left is the new one, does that fix it?
Thanked by:
Much closer. Try using a lighter shade of blue for the hair though. Look at a Nu's palette and try those out.
Thanked by:
[Image: colorsw.png]

I think I got it now.
Thanked by:

I'm starting to think it's still too dark when I compare them with the other sprites :[

Anybody have any ideas to fix this
Thanked by:
Bekklar's nose is lighter orange, try that.
Thanked by:

another color update

How well does it fit in
Thanked by:
The one thing I notice is that there is black pixels inside the sprite for like the outlines of the arms and chin and such, where as on chrono trigger sprites there aren't any. (as far as i can tell, I'm on a Mac, and all i can do is the crappy blurry zoom) That might help brighten it up a bit. Adding a bit more contrast might help a bit too.
Thanked by:
(08-17-2009, 02:12 AM)TPoe Wrote: The one thing I notice is that there is black pixels inside the sprite for like the outlines of the arms and chin and such, where as on chrono trigger sprites there aren't any. (as far as i can tell, I'm on a Mac, and all i can do is the crappy blurry zoom) That might help brighten it up a bit. Adding a bit more contrast might help a bit too.

There are black pixels inside the character. I noticed it a while ago when I did Starky.
Thanked by:
[Image: kidandserge.png]

Added Kid Big Grin
Thanked by:
I think he clothes need more shading/definition. A good start. An Ayla edit?
Also, here's the Starky I made. If you want to expand it, that's fine.
[Image: starky.png]
Thanked by: