Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
New game?
If a new game was coming out, and it is the first of its series, what would you want the gameplay to be like, the story, controls and more.

You have to name the genre THEN name the things you would want.

I want mine to be a free roam game, where you can do whatever you like, every building can be walked in, jobs can be taken, murders can be committed, investigations, arrests,bail, and taking drugs all the time with an extra life. Smile

Thanked by:
I'd like to see an FPS or TPS with a lot of platforming elements. It should also have a lot of customizable multiplayer options like running speed, gravity, jump height, etc., a highly customizable multiplayer character, and an external level editor/creator with a basic and advanced setting.
Thanked by:
I'd like a first person role playing game, something which has a good distribution of effectiveness around all professions and character ability is derived from the character with equipment playing a lesser role. A good distribution of usability of items. If I can pick up daggers and kitchen knives, give me a reason to pick them up. Can I throw them more accurately, further and all round more effectively than I can an enormous 7ft battle-axe? Said battle-axe might be great for smashing stationary things but only the strongest and most skilled will be able to use it in combat viably.

In Short: Let me choose my equipment and let me make my character, don't make these decisions for me, whether directly or by making everything else unusable.
Thanked by:
(06-26-2009, 07:07 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: I'd like to see an FPS or TPS with a lot of platforming elements. It should also have a lot of customizable multiplayer options like running speed, gravity, jump height, etc., a highly customizable multiplayer character, and an external level editor/creator with a basic and advanced setting.

congrats, you just described halo 3.
basically crackdown with more stuff to do and better controls/gameplay
a sandbox that doesn't take itself too seriously

hopefully crackdown 2 will be exactly this, but eh
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
(06-26-2009, 09:33 PM)Vipershark Wrote: basically crackdown with more stuff to do and better controls/gameplay
a sandbox that doesn't take itself too seriously

hopefully crackdown 2 will be exactly this, but eh

Saint's Row 2. Prototype. go nuts.
Thanked by: Raytheon, Raytheon
(06-26-2009, 06:20 PM)clap12 Wrote: If a new game was coming out, and it is the first of its series, what would you want the gameplay to be like, the story, controls and more.

You have to name the genre THEN name the things you would want.

I want mine to be a free roam game, where you can do whatever you like, every building can be walked in, jobs can be taken, murders can be committed, investigations, arrests,bail, and taking drugs all the time with an extra life. Smile
isn't this like

every free-roaming game that involves driving
Thanked by:
I'd like to see a cyberpunk RPG/FPS with a lot of emphasis on cyberspace conflict, and major differences between how the two are played.

Sure, if you want to gun through in real life, you can use some tactical Rainbow Six-style maneuvers. But if you suck at that style of shooting, you can log into a security terminal and go through cyberspace in a fast-paced UT-style, hack their security bots from there, and have them clear your path in meatspace.

Contrariwise, if cyberspace is giving you trouble reaching that file you need to hack, you can go through meatspace, cap the guard at the terminal he's logged into, and hack it directly.

That would be great.
[Image: 332arg3.jpg]
Kilgore Trout Wrote:I let her touch my PSP once, and she was all "where are the a and b buttons" ;3;
Thanked by:
i'd want it to be a shooter with lots of guns based on modern wars and fights and customizable classes and the best fucking multiplayer and a storyline about nukes and people who die and get arms shot off.

oh wait.
[Image: raytheon.png]
[Image: Huntsman125.png]
Thanked by:
(06-27-2009, 01:14 AM)Rai Wrote: I'd like to see a cyberpunk RPG/FPS with a lot of emphasis on cyberspace conflict, and major differences between how the two are played.

Sure, if you want to gun through in real life, you can use some tactical Rainbow Six-style maneuvers. But if you suck at that style of shooting, you can log into a security terminal and go through cyberspace in a fast-paced UT-style, hack their security bots from there, and have them clear your path in meatspace.

Contrariwise, if cyberspace is giving you trouble reaching that file you need to hack, you can go through meatspace, cap the guard at the terminal he's logged into, and hack it directly.

That would be great.
It's called Dystopia, and it's a HL2 mod.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/17580/
come on guys, name something that doesn't already exist.
Thanked by:
(06-27-2009, 03:17 AM)Cooltrainer♂ Tyvon Wrote:
(06-27-2009, 01:14 AM)Rai Wrote: I'd like to see a cyberpunk RPG/FPS with a lot of emphasis on cyberspace conflict, and major differences between how the two are played.

That would be great.
It's called Dystopia, and it's a HL2 mod.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/17580/
come on guys, name something that doesn't already exist.

Shadowrun on the Snes also.
Thanked by:
(06-27-2009, 03:17 AM)Cooltrainer♂ Tyvon Wrote: come on guys, name something that doesn't already exist.

A 3D Sonic game that doesn't have anything in it that sucks balls.
(06-27-2009, 10:14 AM)Rival Rökkan Wrote:
(06-27-2009, 03:17 AM)Cooltrainer♂ Tyvon Wrote: come on guys, name something that doesn't already exist.

Sonic Adventure 2
Thanked by:
(06-27-2009, 07:12 PM)Cshad Wrote:
(06-27-2009, 10:14 AM)Rival Rökkan Wrote:

Sonic Adventure 2

sounds like SOMEONE never got to Security Hall
Thanked by:
I want a game with lots of exploration, leisure, and freedom.

Thanked by: