Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
If you were a Gym leader and had to choose a type
What would it be? I'd go with poison, now that there are ways around thier major weaknesses(psyhic, and steel) they're not that bad.
Skuntank is part dark for psychics and can learn flamethrower for those pesky steel types.
Toxicroak has fighting for steels.
Drapion is like Skuntank, and can use bug.
Roserade for Water, and ground.
Gengar for ground, and some psychic.
Crobat for speed, and X-scizzor.
Maybe Nidoking, Tentacruel, or seviper for others.

Maybe Normal for few weaknesses

Porygon-Z for high specialatk ( give him HB, a normal type boosting item, download, plus his normal type boost makes normal attacks 1 hit KOs)
Ursaring for power
Girafarig for fighting weakness
Snorlax for power and endurance
Slaking for awesome stats
and Zangoose, he's badass and has good stats and moves
Thanked by:
Flying type.

Pidgeot
Butterfree
Gligar
Charizard
Murkrow
A Farfetch'd that doesnt suck
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by:
handgun type
it works against almost every pokemon
[Image: cKfiI0F.png]
Thinking of you, 
wherever you are.
lol

I'd go with a combination of Fire and Water.

Gyarados has a fucking awesome move set. Thunder, Twister, Hydro Pump, Rock Smash.
Character Reference: 1 2
Love: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thanked by:
Ice was always my personal favorite. Ice is one of the strongest offensive typings in the metagame too, since it knocks all the Dragons down a peg. Defensively, it's shit though, resisting only itself.

I would base the team after a hail team I used when I used to play Pearl on wifi:

-Abomasnow: Starts up hail and is decently powerful. Equipped with a focus sash to deal with Infernape leads who like to Flame Wheel on the first turn while Abomasnow survives, uses Earthquake and if the enemy doesn't faint, Ice Shard on the next turn for a quick KO.

-Froslass: One of the most rewarding to play as. Snow Cloak ability raises her evasion in Hail. I also use Attract and Confusion to further increase my chances of avoiding damage. Froslass' main asset is her phenomenal speed, and outspeeds most enemy pokemon. Equipped with brightpowder to further raise evasion.

-Walrein: Walrein is a great staller in Hail thanks to his bulk and Ice heal ability. Invest enough in his defenses and use toxic to slowly whittle away your opponent while you recover off damage with ease.

-Regice: Curse make Regice beastly. He already has great special defense, so increasing his attack and defense with Curse enough times will make him nigh impossible to take down.

-Mamoswine: The main heavy hitter of the team. The ultimate dragon killer as a full attack Mamoswine will always OHKO Salamences, Dragonites, and Garchomps with Ice Shard.

Unfortunately, Ice always has that glaring Fire weakness, but Wallrein is usually pumped up with enough EVs to send them on their way.

And if we're battling on Shoddy, Put Syclant in the sixth slot. He's a mixed sweeping Ice/Bug type who can put BLissey out of commision with Superpower.
[Image: elena.gif]
Thanked by: Josiah, Josiah
(06-09-2009, 07:20 PM)Boo Wrote: lol

I'd go with a combination of Fire and Water.

Gyarados has a fucking awesome move set. Thunder, Twister, Hydro Pump, Rock Smash.

One type bro, and a back up :V

so water or fire?

and no fakes, or legendaires please.
Thanked by:
either ice or water cuz they 0wn

probably ice with abomasnow, weavile,mamoswine and feraligatr, cuz they dont all need to be ice type : 3c
Thanked by:
(06-09-2009, 07:26 PM)Champion Shawn Wrote: either ice or water cuz they 0wn

probably ice with abomasnow, weavile,mamoswine and feraligatr, cuz they dont all need to be ice type : 3c

True, Sabrina has a bug/poison so it would be perfectly acceptable
Thanked by:
Water
Blastoise
Feraligatr
Slowbro
Quagsire
Thanked by:
(06-09-2009, 07:46 PM)Zac Wrote: Water
Blastoise
Feraligator
Slowbro
Quagsire

Slowking needs some love :<
Thanked by:
Fire. I've always liked Fire type, and it's really unfortunate that Nintendo doesn't like making Fire type work in Pokemon games, you know, with the plethora of weaknesses and the addition of Stealth Rock in D/P.

Team:
Charizard
Houndoom
Magmortar
Infernape
Typhlosion
XBL: ZRDragoon - PSN: Zubodybop - Steam: XDNESS
[Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
i'd pick gay and my team would be pokemon with the names:

this
thread
swallows
horse
spunk
Thanked by:
(06-09-2009, 08:41 PM)Fuck Im Great Wrote: i'd pick gay and my team would be pokemon with the names:

this
thread
swallows
horse
spunk

what, where's your sixth pokemon DDDDDDVery Sad?
and you call yourself a gay leader
Flying, but I'd use general bird Pokemon.

Torchic
Driftim
Murkrow
Magmar
Xatu
Honchcrow.
Thanked by:
(06-09-2009, 08:56 PM)Sam Wrote:
(06-09-2009, 08:41 PM)Fuck Im Great Wrote: i'd pick gay and my team would be pokemon with the names:

this
thread
swallows
horse
spunk

what, where's your sixth pokemon DDDDDDVery Sad?
and you call yourself a gay leader
how many gym leaders even have 6 pokemon
Thanked by: