Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Gold-Silver Hero revamps
[Image: GSHeroicon.png]

With the announcement of Heart Gold and Soul Silver I figured I'd try to revamp the old sprites with newer colors.
[Image: TSRBanner.png]
Thanked by:
It's a recolour.

It doesn't actually fit any existing Pokémon style, and is too basic to be considered a new one. So no thank you; moved to Sprite Discussion.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by:
Is there any way for me to fix it so it can be submitted?
Thanked by:
Instead of just recoloring it, take the design, but do it in a different style. One of the GBA styles, for example.
Thanked by:
You'll need to approach it from a different angle.

'Revamping' isn't just throwing more colours on a GBC sprite, it actually has to fit the size and colouring rules of what you're revamping to. Have a look at the sprites for the GBA Pokémon games, and actually create a new sprite (or heavily edit this one) so it matches the size, colouring rules, and shading rules of your target.

Essentially, you're gonna have to start over and try something a bit harder if you want this submitted.

Edit: And there's the slight problem that this has been done already.
http://www.spriters-resource.com/custom_...heet/18716

Too bad. But you could still try to do it in DPPt style, or do Silver/Crystal.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by:
when one says "revamp", you usually think of improving the actual sprite into something more "advanced" or updated. as it is now, is just a plain recolor that, technically may seems updated, but its still the same sprite with just added colors. and that its quite plain and boring to see. remaking the whole sprite would always be a way more challenging and interesting choice.
Thanked by:
(05-27-2009, 07:29 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: Too bad. But you could still try to do it in DPPt style, or do Silver/Crystal.

Yeah, I guess I can try that.
Thanked by: