Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
ARGH. WINDOWS 7.
So a few weeks back my bro decided to try out the Windows service pack 7 Beta. Ok, cool. Everything was a lot nicer, except for Paint. It's been completely overhauled, its way better for what it was made for, that's for sure, it's got anti-aliasing, more brushes, shapes, ect., as you can see here:

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/windows-...-ms-paint/

But, when it comes to spriting, we're screwed. I try so hard to sprite the way I used to with Paint, but it's virtually impossible. The tool I always used for drawing, the Brush tool, is now automatically AA's, I can't turn off the AA and make it a single pixel like I normally do, but a click without moving or holding does nothing. I'm not allowed to just click, cause when I do, nothin appears, I have to be drawing a line or a shape or something. I'm forced to use the pencil tool which can do single-pixel actions, but using the icon instead of the actual crosshair is annoying, I mean, nobody IRL draws with the pencil flat on the paper at a 45 degree angle.

The color-changing tool is really annoying, instead of double-clicking, I have to choose the color, and than go to an icon far away called edit color.

The shape tools can work alright, you can turn the AA off here, its got more shapes so that's always good.

It's got gridlines and rulers, that's a nice touch.

Unfortunately, the tool bar is akwardly placed, you can't move it around for convenience anymore, it stays at the top and theres a few click-to-view-more bars which may take slightly longer.

Overall, its not too bad, but it's little changes like that that really hurt the efficiency of spriters. I tried making a set of sprites, it would have taken me about 1 1/2 hours, but ended up taking 2, that's a significant amount.

You could use Photoshop, and I did for a little too, it's not too bad, it's just that I've been using good old Paint for 5 years, like I know the rest of you have, probably longer, and its just a pretty big change.

Just a warning heads up for when it comes out, so that you're inconvenienced with having to download the original if your ever at someone else's house or maybe even your own.

Heres a picture of the interface: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Paint_...dows_7.png
Has anyone else tried it? What do you guys think?
Got one. Smile
***Read-Team Yoshi-***
Thanked by:
Graphics Gale?
Thanked by:
I remember what it was like to transfer from Paint to Photoshop. Now I can't (well I can, but it's harder) use Paint. Photoshop is much easier for me.
[Image: cIUPd.png]
Give me my own member group!
--
megazario Wrote:quite amazing good job make up more keep up the good work
plz dont give me a bad point plz for sounding a bit gay here
Thanked by:
Yeah, hit me up on MSN and I'll send you XP Paint, you can run it under the XP Virtual Machine or whatever.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
didn't we just have this discussion here
http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...699&page=2

lol
also yes I run windows 7 and hate the paint program for it
luckily though I got my xp's copy of paint and it runs flawlessly
I just pinned it to my taskbar so I can open it easily
here, I uploaded it a few days ago
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KRHH47HO

much better Smile
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
Or just get graphics gale
It's just like paint except with more useful features
here is the link if you want to try it out
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
People still use MS Paint?
Thanked by:
Use MTPaint if you're so desesperated for a better pixeling software.
Thanked by: