Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
DarkSpine shadow/ update
i fixed EVERYTHING wrong with the sheet i hope you all like this one, hes bare foot, has purple gloves, has a different idle, and is purple.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by:
o_O Well, In my opinion this isn't customized enough. I'd say a lot of it is really similar to the current shadow, but I'm sure [in theory] Dark Spine Shadow would do a lot of different things, [having different powers and all]. So to make an impressive enough sheet I'd suggest editing a LOT more.
[Image: hoohbanner.png]
You may use with credit if you please :]
Thanked by:
Post it here before someone says that they won't look at it as an attachment.
Anyway, I think you gave him too many dark spines, Sonic only had two, and you gave Shadow much more than that. There could be more effects.
[Image: 14.gif]
Thanked by:
if anyone wants this sheet look it up here
http://img38.imageshack.us/my.php?image=...hadow1.png
Thanked by:
I think they'd rather you post a link to it in image shack verses them having to look it up. Very Sad
[Image: hoohbanner.png]
You may use with credit if you please :]
Thanked by:
That sprite needs a ton more contrast, and distinction on the closer arm. I redid the pallete and edited the shading along with the arm to show you what I mean; along with the correct type of link you should use with imageshack, the direct link.
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/3334/colourexample.png
Thanked by:
(05-24-2009, 12:51 AM)Robo-Trainer Drei Wrote: That sprite needs a ton more contrast, and distinction on the closer arm. I redid the pallete and edited the shading along with the arm to show you what I mean; along with the correct type of link you should use with imageshack, the direct link.
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/3334/colourexample.png
k thanks ill work o it tomorrow. i appreciate the time you took for this.
Thanked by:
its still a recolor. a bit more elaborated, but still a recolor.

I wont lie to you, at this rate, i want to discourage you from believing you have any chance to have this uploaded to the site.
Thanked by:
(05-24-2009, 01:23 AM)DigiTamer Metaru Wrote: its still a recolor. a bit more elaborated, but still a recolor.

I wont lie to you, at this rate, i want to discourage you from believing you have any chance to have this uploaded to the site.
well 1 i cant uplad it cuz it doesnt exist
and 2 i dont want to upload anything i make to this site, i just come here to put sprites up for discussion,have me told what i need to do to fix'em, and thats it.
Thanked by:
(05-24-2009, 01:30 AM)Razorthecurse Wrote: have me told what i need to do to fix'em, and thats it.
to fix what? how can you fix somethign when you actually didn't do anything. not like we could say "you need a more steady hand when using the bucket fill so it wont splat near pixels". what crtiticism can be given to just a brutally recolored shadow sprite with a few stripes over his head? maybe as pointed above, don't use MSPaint's default colors, and put some more effort in actually using better and more contrasting colors.

criticism has been given already, plenty times. and its always the same thing: its ok once or twice, but this is already pointlesss and we do really encourage you to put these aside and start sketching your own sprites. and i fear this will be another chapter in this already old story.
Thanked by:
(05-24-2009, 01:39 AM)DigiTamer Metaru Wrote:
(05-24-2009, 01:30 AM)Razorthecurse Wrote: have me told what i need to do to fix'em, and thats it.
to fix what? how can you fix somethign when you actually didn't do anything. not like we could say "you need a more steady hand when using the bucket fill so it wont splat near pixels". what crtiticism can be given to just a brutally recolored shadow sprite with a few stripes over his head? maybe as pointed above, don't use MSPaint's default colors, and put some more effort in actually using better and more contrasting colors.

criticism has been given already, plenty times. and its always the same thing: its ok once or twice, but this is already pointlesss and we do really encourage you to put these aside and start sketching your own sprites. and i fear this will be another chapter in this already old story.
well look i improve on what i make, example b4 the sheet was shadow with white stripes on his quills and was black, but i added a different color, but i didnt use ms paint's base colors i had to mixem up a bit. then i made the sprite, but someone was nice enough to show me a better version of my sprite.but like i said im only gonna post threads but i wont submit.
Thanked by:
sorry to dissapoint you, but you haven't improved anything.

anything.

nor as someone posting, nor as spriter.
Thanked by:
Relax Metaru. He's only looking for help. Even recolors can improve.

It looks like a big blob of purple. Horribly chosen purple colors that have almost no contrast.
Thanked by:
(05-24-2009, 11:53 AM)Torres. Wrote: It looks like a big blob of purple. Horribly chosen purple colors that have almost no contrast.
im already fixing that right now
Thanked by: