Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Custom to submit: FFV Tifa Overworld
I'm planning to submit this one, but first I want some feedback.
I used the existing colors as references, except for Tifa's hair, I got a darker shade for it. Only overworld sprites now (maybe battle later? Or not XD)
I decided to do this one after ripping the FFV game save sprites from the PS1 version, there's a Cloud and a Sephiroth on it for you who doesn't know.

[Image: FFVTifaOverworld.png]
[Image: MegaEXESig.png]
Thanked by:
Doesn't seem too bad, though the sprite style seems a bit too crammed, so it's harder to judge.

Noticeably, it's kind of weird how you made the hair face diagonally, which characters like Krile don't have, even when though they have long hair. Also, some frames look pillow-shaded, and it's likely they're overly shaded, at least, comparing it to the shading the main characters of the original game have (which is some slight anti-aliasing, or just lighting and that's it.) Some shapes, like her body in the lying down pose aren't easy to tell apart, but again, the style is a bit small, so it's understandable.
Thanked by:
I used this Lenna sprites as references:

[Image: FFVAnthologyLoadingSheet.png]

Yeah, they are official, the only thing I ripped specially for this one were Lenna walking up, waving up and this side-pose thing. So yah, looking sideways is strange, but they are so in-game.
About the hair, tried to follow the shading as much I could. Maybe if I increase the contrast between both browns?
Thanked by:
Main problem is the readbility of the character. you're going to have quite a hard time if you really want to make us think that girl is Tifa. you really need to rework that shading and contrast between tones if you really want us to see the difference between her face and the rest of her costume and features.
Thanked by:
I don't like it because it is too small and cramped, I mean even if it is the style, you cant really see the details of the body (arm, legs ect...) very well and I do not like it.
Thanked by:
The main problem I can see is Tifa's own outfit. The white tank don't contrast much with her skin and the black skirt is also a problem. And her glove is red, black and white, just to make it even harder.
Other than that, I also increased the boobs size, but it's hard to see because it's too small.
Thanked by:
unlike cloud or sephirot, tifa's desing is not based on her outfit or haircut.

its based on her boobs.

good look portraying that on a sprite of that size.
Thanked by:
Yeah, I've increased the size of her boobs walking sideways and tried to make them ''easier to notice" walking down and knocked out. Zoomed 200% is easier to notice
Thanked by:
guess we all forgot the 2x factor in these sprites...
Thanked by:
Regular size

[Image: image1ovo.png]
2x
Thanked by:
the first sprite of the last row needs some tweaking, because her skirt doesn't cover her genitals.

...at least, that's what I see.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:
it doesnt either on the general portrait of the character, ironically.
Thanked by:
Her legs of the first sprite of the last row are almost the same as the first sprite of the 4th row, but I forgot the shading, so I updated it

[Image: ffvtifaoverworld2x.png]

Better? Or I should add one or two more pixels to the skirt?
Thanked by:
add another pixel to the skirt, otherwise it pretty much looks like a division between her torso and legs.
Thanked by:
I discovered if I add another pixel to the skirt, you barely see her legs. And if I add just between the legs, looks like she's using one of those hot pants.
So I added one pixel to divide her legs.

Thanked by: