Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
fdddgdfgfg!!
[Image: cooltrainertyvon.gif]
http://pixeljoint.com/pixelart/43084.htm
http://sheezyart.com/art/view/2071438/

messing with shading techniques by combining stuff i wanted to try and how i shade most things

looks best on a dark background.

edit: altered facial structure slightly
Thanked by:
Wow not too bad, theres something up with the face though;
I don't know if its the eyes or the nose, just something about it bothers me.
Thanked by:
The face has several anatomy issues, his cheek imploding being the most significant. Also his eyes are too high on his face and he's missing the bottoms of them. Not sure if I can see anything else. Nice job on the shading.
Thanked by:
Yah, I don't really dig the face. This was mainly a way for me to mess with new shading techniques, so I'll try to fix most of those suggestions.
Thanked by:
you always do the same thing with your faces

faces do not poof out that much at the top
Thanked by:
(05-21-2009, 02:26 PM)Fuck Im Great Wrote: you always do the same thing with your faces

faces do not poof out that much at the top

this
it's got the head tilted downward thing you always do too
also jew nose
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
Your facial measurments are off. To save myself and other time of describing it, try refing this http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...rtione.png EDIT: Link'd because I just realized how friggin big this image is, also wikipedia a hurr durr.(I can't belive I just used it for a reference).

I highly reccomend buying a book by Bridgman, Loomis, or even Villipu's dvds. They'll help you with this kinda stuff, and other anatomical things.
Thanked by:
Agreeing with everyone else. Your pixeling is pretty solid, but you need to work on that anatomy.

Cool colors, though ;D
Thanked by:
The eyes really bug me, mouth too. Made an edit:
[Image: cooltrainertyvon.gif]>>[Image: tyvonny.png]
Thanked by:
tbqh the old eyes were better but everything else - especially the mouth - is lightyears better now
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
Thanks a bunch for the edit Moz c:
Thanked by:
I've noticed that with your art Tyvon, you tend to keep faces rather flat and pointy, due to the shading - it's strange. You're a great pixel-guy, but your anatomy and stuff is just kind of... bad.

Moz's edit now looks a lot more like Aladdin..
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
Yah, I've never been one of those guys all super-big into anatomy. I just recently started actually trying to get into learning it, since I've pretty much nailed pixel shading that I like doing, and all that other stuff :F

Really, facial anatomy is the only thing I plan on "actually" learning since I like doing my own kind of anatomy for bodies (no, i don't mean super-warped omg deformity, more of a stylish choice) and it's the thing I've had the most problem with, next to hands.

Also I blame anime.
Thanked by:
I must admit I quite like a lot of the deformities you make to the bodies of your sprites, but it's just your faces that do really bother me... Not everybody looks at the floor.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
(05-22-2009, 09:55 AM)Cooltrainer♂ Tyvon Wrote: since I've pretty much nailed pixel shading that I like doing, and all that other stuff :F
shading you like doing is shit

everything is either shaded too flat, makes little to no sense, or you've shaded way too much and made everything look like a topographical map

(05-22-2009, 09:55 AM)Cooltrainer♂ Tyvon Wrote: Really, facial anatomy is the only thing I plan on "actually" learning since I like doing my own kind of anatomy for bodies (no, i don't mean super-warped omg deformity, more of a stylish choice) and it's the thing I've had the most problem with, next to hands.
this is stupid also

learn proper anatomy for the entire body, and get good at it

when you've reached the point that you can draw/sprite an entire human body that doesn't look like it was hit in the face with a car and has tumors covering certain limbs you can start trying more extreme stylistic ways to do it, but until then all you're doing is coming up with excuses to avoid having to improve more than you could
Thanked by: