Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Megaman + Protoman
I sprited this 100% custom Megaman is this new style. The reference I used for this sprite is a Megaman Powered Up! render which I also got my pallete from. LINK

Megaman
Stance
[Image: p10160258.gif]

Buster Shot (Normal)
[Image: p10160262.gif]
The effects are custom and they are separated from the sprites in my sheet.

Run
[Image: p10160256.gif]

Kick
[Image: p10168383.gif]

Punch
[Image: p10168391.gif]

Punch-Kick Combo
[Image: p10168385.gif]

Protoman
Sprite
[Image: p10167477.gif]
Thanked by:
[Image: p10157044.png]
This is Megaman's Head and Protoman's Prototype head. Wink

This is the newest current version of Megaman.
[Image: p10157049.png]
This is a frame of a Buster Shot animation I'm sheeting.
[/quote]
If you made this from scratch good job it is difficult for most of us aswell.
I personnally think you need to still work on the eyes though and the legs especially, plus shading horrible on the legs.
Thanked by:
I actually did. It was kinda' fun doing it. How is the shading on the legs horrible? If it is, how do you suggest I fix it? I might go fix his eyes more of course. I'm not really content so far with them.
Thanked by:
(05-15-2009, 04:16 AM)Medevenx Wrote: I actually did. It was kinda' fun doing it. How is the shading on the legs horrible? If it is, how do you suggest I fix it? I might go fix his eyes more of course. I'm not really content so far with them.
I don't know it might be the helmet on his forehead aswell as the shape of his face. Like it seems like the nose is too long on the sprite where he's aiming.
The legs look the same shading on both of them making it looks wierd it looks pillow shaded, it looks like the angle of light on the legs don't match the the face shading or the leg on the right doesn't have the correct angle of the light maybe try moving the light on the right leg more to the left.
Thanked by:
Alright, I kind of fixed the shading thing on the legs. (Look at the animation) Also, I will still look for what I can do with the head. I am still not pleased with it. Anyway, CnC the animation for now. Thanks!
Thanked by:
i'd move megaman's head one or two pixels foward.
Thanked by:
I tried moving his head and I didn't like it.
Thanked by:
BUMP! Added running.
Thanked by:
It's very smooth, I like it.

I think the curve of the face should change when he turns it. Atm it just looks like his features are moving but his face isn't.

Very good work though, keep it up.
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by:
Really nice job on the animation, bro. It's quite smooth.
The only thing I think should be tweaked is the back of his head during the run animation: It's probably the one thing that's choppy. For X number of frames his helmet doesn't show the back of the ... longer bulge, for X number of frames it does; Some in-between frames would seal the deal.
Thanked by:
The running is great, but I think his head should move down a pixel on some frames, he seems to be held by the head and just wiggling.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
Thanks. I've actually updated some of those. I have 24 ready heads right now. Can anyone actually give me an idea on what to do with Protoman's stance? Also, I'm refering to Megaman 8's jumping animation. Is that the best jumping animation to refer to for my sheet or do you guys suggest something else?
Thanked by:
(05-20-2009, 05:53 AM)Medevenx Wrote: Also, I'm refering to Megaman 8's jumping animation. Is that the best jumping animation to refer to for my sheet or do you guys suggest something else?

Personally, I prefer jumping animations along the lines of Megaman X1-3's jumping animation, in terms of the motion of the arms and head - but, unlike what is seen in X1-3, I also think there should be motion in the legs. Like:
[Image: ArcJumpEx.png]
Megaman 8's jumping animation just seems too much like he's doing the wave.

Regarding Protoman: I envision him standing still, with his arms crossed, the only thing that animates to a large degree being his scarf.
Thanked by:
(05-20-2009, 02:30 PM)Estian Wrote:
(05-20-2009, 05:53 AM)Medevenx Wrote: Also, I'm refering to Megaman 8's jumping animation. Is that the best jumping animation to refer to for my sheet or do you guys suggest something else?

Personally, I prefer jumping animations along the lines of Megaman X1-3's jumping animation, in terms of the motion of the arms and head - but, unlike what is seen in X1-3, I also think there should be motion in the legs. Like:
[Image: ArcJumpEx.png]
Megaman 8's jumping animation just seems too much like he's doing the wave.

Regarding Protoman: I envision him standing still, with his arms crossed, the only thing that animates to a large degree being his scarf.

Thanks. That's interesting. I might not do the jumping similar to X1-3 because it's Megaman and well, I want his jump to come from HIS games. Not the spinoffs. Also, about Protoman's stance. Is that really what you suggest for a fighting stance? What if he runs? Then his hands suddenly become uncrossed? Maybe I'll use the arms crossed for a scene stance, I don't know about a fighting stance.
Thanked by:
(05-20-2009, 09:54 PM)Medevenx Wrote: Is that really what you suggest for a fighting stance? What if he runs? Then his hands suddenly become uncrossed?

Couple of things:
1- I don't see Protoman doing much else while idle. Megaman seems a bit too fidgety in his idle animation as it is (I don't see it as much of a problem though), so Protoman's idle stance would be an antithesis of that. At the very least, make it minimalistic as a contrast to Megaman's stance.
2- It's not very hard to make an in-between frame that plays just before the looping 'run' animation begins, but doesn't loop along with it (likewise with an 'ending' frame just before Protoman goes idle).

Still, it's your sheet; so long as it looks good, you can do whatever you want with it Big Grin
Thanked by: