Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: DSi or PSP?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DSi
73.68%
14 73.68%
PSP
26.32%
5 26.32%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Which One?
I'm not sure if this belongs in gaming discussion but I have a dilemna. I've got some money saved up, but I'm not sure if I should buy a PSP, or a DSi? I already have the original DS (I'm giving it to my brother, so I can't trade it in for $50 off) so I'm leaning towards the PSP. But some of the people I've asked told that the PSP is crap and that I should just wait for the next Sony handheld. Now there are two games for PSP that reeeaaallllyyyy make me wanna buy, though neither are out yet: Dissidia Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. But I want to upgrade from my crappy original DS. Please help me.Smile

Please simply give your opinion of the two options I've presented. No alternatives
Thanked by:
DS lite.
[Image: 472_gliscor_1_m.png]
Thanked by:
Ok probably should've said this. Don't say DS Lite. I'm not getting a DS Lite. Because I'd eventually upgrade to DSi anyways. It's DSi or PSP
Thanked by:
modded PSP
Thanked by:
Get a DS lite.
They are better then DSi imo.

There's allot of great games for DS and with the pokemon G/S remake on it's way you must buy one.
this is a sig

Thanked by:
(05-11-2009, 07:11 PM)BigG Wrote: Get a DS lite.

There's allot of great games for DS and with the pokemon G/S remake on it's way you must buy one.

Did you actually read all of my post. I have a DS. I can get the remakes no matter what. Plus I don't see why the lite would be better. It's the DSi but it's missing features.
Thanked by:
(05-11-2009, 07:30 PM)KHCrazy Wrote:
(05-11-2009, 07:11 PM)BigG Wrote: Get a DS lite.

Did you actually read all of my post. I have a DS. I can get the remakes no matter what. Plus I don't see why the lite would be better. It's the DSi but it's missing features.

DSi: Shitty useless camera, lame download service, you can use flash cards now
DS Lite: GBA slot, you can still use the R4 Card

PSP kinda sucks but if you ALREADY HAVE A DS then there is no reason to get the DSi at all unless you for some reason want to have a camera on your gaming thing.

If I had to choose between the DSi and a PSP I would either save my money for something else or buy an iPhone.
[Image: 2cqcfi1.png]
Sheezyart/PSN IVery Sad DUCK_JGarrison
Thanked by:
(05-11-2009, 07:36 PM)Joshua Garrison Wrote: DSi: Shitty useless camera, lame download service, you can use flash cards now
DS Lite: GBA slot, you can still use the R4 Card

PSP kinda sucks but if you ALREADY HAVE A DS then there is no reason to get the DSi at all unless you for some reason want to have a camera on your gaming thing.

If I had to choose between the DSi and a PSP I would either save my money for something else or buy an iPhone.

How do know if the downloads are lame? they just started. seems to early to judge. I don't know what an R4 Card is. I'm glad about the flash card slot. plus my brother is getting my DS and my other brother has a Lite, plus my neighbors both hav Lites so the GBA slot isn't a problem. plus my brother still has his GBA.

plus I'm on Verizon. and my parents are really anti internet on cell phones anyways.
Thanked by:
(05-11-2009, 07:30 PM)KHCrazy Wrote: Plus I don't see why the lite would be better. It's the DSi but it's missing features.

No GBA slot, THAT is a feature that makes the DSi not in my shop list.

But really, save your money for somthing else. Keep your DS, or get a DS lite. DSi isn't worth it [yet] and neither is the PSP [yet]. Wait for a revolutionary game to come out before you make any rash picks.
Blank Garfield Minus Garfield Blank
[Image: fSymsOGXOcsm54gkCltWuVyc_r1_500.gif]
Brawl FC: 4339-4126-4921
Thanked by:
(05-11-2009, 07:41 PM)KHCrazy Wrote: How do know if the downloads are lame? they just started. seems to early to judge.

All of the download services on all of the consoles and handhelds so far have been relatively lame.

Quote:I don't know what an R4 Card is.
It's a 3rd party product that lets you download DS roms off the internet and play them on your DS.

Quote:I'm glad about the flash card slot. plus my brother is getting my DS and my other brother has a Lite, plus my neighbors both hav Lites so the GBA slot isn't a problem. plus my brother still has his GBA.

I'm not saying that you need the GBA slot, I'm just saying that you don't really need the flash card slot or the camera either. I mean, why would you? The DS Lite is cheaper so if you don't need useless features then it makes more sense.

Quote:plus I'm on Verizon. and my parents are really anti internet on cell phones anyways.

Then you can get an iPod Touch, they play most of the same games as the iPhone.

Oh also OVER 20 MILLION KIDS ARE EATEN BY BATS EVERY SECOND!!!
[Image: 2cqcfi1.png]
Sheezyart/PSN IVery Sad DUCK_JGarrison
Thanked by:
(05-11-2009, 07:51 PM)Sir Repiteo Wrote:
(05-11-2009, 07:30 PM)KHCrazy Wrote: Plus I don't see why the lite would be better. It's the DSi but it's missing features.

No GBA slot, THAT is a feature that makes the DSi not in my shop list.

This.

The original DS is horrible looking and the screen is small and dim, And no gba slot in the DSi is a deal breaker.
You can still use a few choice flash cards on the DSi but without the gba slot for a ram expansion you wont ever be able to play GBA games on your flashcard.

The DSi is actually the model with missing features, not the light.
I buy my handhelds to play games not to take shitty photos.
this is a sig

How about this: Buy an Xbox 360 and a mini moniter. Suspend the moniter above your face like a hat and carry the Xbox 360 on your back as if it's a battery case. Plug in a controller and you got yourself a bargain.
Blank Garfield Minus Garfield Blank
[Image: fSymsOGXOcsm54gkCltWuVyc_r1_500.gif]
Brawl FC: 4339-4126-4921
Thanked by:
...I'm not really and Xbox fan. And honestly, I disagree with most of the stuff you guys have said about the DSi. I really don't care about the GBA slot, except for Pokemon, but I know for a fact that I'll never get around to completing the Pokedex. I don't have any feelings whatsoever towards the camera, good or bad. Nothing about the DSi is taking away from the gameplay experience. Besides, what's the problem with adding some extra stuff? Oh and BigG
(05-11-2009, 07:58 PM)BigG Wrote: This.

The original DS is horrible looking and the screen is small and dim, And no gba slot in the DSi is a deal breaker.
You can still use a few choice flash cards on the DSi but without the gba slot for a ram expansion you wont ever be able to play GBA games on your flashcard.

The DSi is actually the model with missing features, not the light.
I buy my handhelds to play games not to take shitty photos.

That whole ram expansion thing. I don't give a shit. I have like three GBA games. Plus I can still play GBA games, because all those people I mentioned earlier, most likely won't upgrade until the GBA slot in completely obsolete. The GBA slot is not a deciding factor for me
Thanked by:
No, what im saying is, with the ram expansion, you can download all the gba games you want for free.
I don't know how to explain it any clearer than that.
this is a sig

Thanked by:
...yeah well still not really caring. Plus, for the last damn time, I'll still have access to 3 DS Lites and one original DS
Thanked by: