Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Tingle
For the compo. I really tried hard on this one, and I'm very proud of the results. But I'd like some C+C to try and make it better.
[Image: tingledoodle.png]
Thanked by:
I really like the idea, but it needs work. I think there's too much light casting on the face and midsection.
Thanked by:
OK, I added more of the darker shades to try and fix that. Yeah, I think that helped it.
Thanked by:
(05-06-2009, 07:05 PM)EpicWes Wrote: OK, I added more of the darker shades to try and fix that. Yeah, I think that helped it.
The shading is okay but what you need to worry about most is curving the line correctly with the head, it looks ike its not connect to the body like theres no neck, but mostly you need to give an angle to the face, facing more to us then just looking straight might work if you don't know how to make tingle face the way it is for it to makes sense.
Thanked by:
(05-06-2009, 07:05 PM)EpicWes Wrote: OK, I added more of the darker shades to try and fix that. Yeah, I think that helped it.

I think the ear needs a little fixing; it looks kinda like it's on the back of his head. Other than that, good work!
Sheets currently on tSR: Big Grin 50 Big Grin

Thanked by:
Tried to fix the ear. Mega_Virus, I'm not quite sure what you mean. But his face is sideways like that because i had to base it off of the doodle. I can't change the doodle, therefore I can't change the position of his face unless I reworked the whole head.
Thanked by:
[Image: tingle.png]

Everything should be self explanatory.
Thanked by:
(05-07-2009, 04:53 PM)EpicWes Wrote: [Image: tingledoodle.png]
Tried to fix the ear. Mega_Virus, I'm not quite sure what you mean. But his face is sideways like that because i had to base it off of the doodle. I can't change the doodle, therefore I can't change the position of his face unless I reworked the whole head.
its really hard for me to help cause i don't know your goal here exactly, but if I sprited the head I would've realized that the head if I'm trying to keep it sideways like you are, to make the ear look like its pointing towards us more than to the side, thereby curving the line correctly to an angle mostly at the bottom ear part plus your head looks weird to me because I already see the back of the head before I see the ear. with the results of me not seing the ear even though it exists.
Thanked by:
Thanks for your help, especially Bab. I see what you mean, and I used that in a newer version. I didn't want it to look exactly the same, since its my work. But I added AAing instead of a thicker black outline. I changed the highlights in some parts, too. I reshaded some parts slightly, most notably the backpack.

Also, Megavirus, I understand what you're saying. You think the ear is too far back on the head. But in my work, The head is a wide oval. You aren't seeing the back of the head before the ear. Thats the side of his face. My goal here axactly is to make the sprite look as much like Tingle as possible without altering the shape of the head in any way. I udecided to use that yellow part of the doodle as his ear, so the doodle is what caused the ear to be so far back.

This may or may not be the final update, depending on if I get any crits between now and tomorrow morning.
[Image: tingledoodlea.png]
Thanked by:
(05-09-2009, 02:27 PM)EpicWes Wrote: [Image: tingledoodlea.png]
[Image: ebd89680c0.png]
Doesn' this look like it makes more sense then, your sprite is difficult to understand if the hat is apart of his body suit then behind Tingles head where the ear is should be more covered by the suit, meaning the back of his head before the ear.Heres what I mean I didn't work to hard on it jst to show an example.
What I did here is I moved the ear forward a little and change its angle a tad and moved the whole head forward. And added extra of the green suit like I was explaining.
[Image: f8693c31f1.png]
Thanked by:
It's for the sprite competition. He can't change the shape of the head, as it's the interpretation of the doodle.
Still thinking of a new name.
Thanked by: