Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Mario Kart Customs
I figured I'd add to the growing collection of Mario Karts on the website.
I was going to make snake next, but Nicktendo DS beat me to it. So, I've made a Booster Kart and Eggplant Man kart. Im hoping for suggestions for more, as well.

[Image: smkboosteri.png] [Image: smkeggplanti.png]

All comments and (constructive) criticisms welcome!
Sheets currently on tSR: Big Grin 50 Big Grin

Thanked by:
(05-03-2009, 08:09 PM)SleepyHarry Wrote: [Image: smkboosteri.png] [Image: smkeggplanti.png]

All comments and (constructive) criticisms welcome!
Hhhm I like the egg plant idea, if you look at the back rim of the egg plants kart it looks like it needs to be more bigger, and needs to make more sense a little bit, also around the egg-plants eyes need to be more smooth so you can see that those squares inside it look more like eyes.
they seem little pixelated, but that might be what the rest of the mario karts look like. Good job though you picked a good subject to sprite I like mario karts its a fun game.
Thanked by:
(05-03-2009, 10:17 PM)Mega_Virus Wrote: Hhhm I like the egg plant idea, if you look at the back rim of the egg plants kart it looks like it needs to be more bigger, and needs to make more sense a little bit, also around the egg-plants eyes need to be more smooth so you can see that those squares inside it look more like eyes.
they seem little pixelated, but that might be what the rest of the mario karts look like. Good job though you picked a good subject to sprite I like mario karts its a fun game.

Thanks! I agree, but Im having some trouble figuring out how to ditinguish the eyes, but keep them looking right. I cant really round them off, because that subtracts from the appearence. I've also toyed around with shading in different ways, but it still only really looks right as is... any suggestions?

Thanked by:
(05-04-2009, 02:48 AM)SleepyHarry Wrote: Thanks! I agree, but Im having some trouble figuring out how to ditinguish the eyes, but keep them looking right. I cant really round them off, because that subtracts from the appearence. I've also toyed around with shading in different ways, but it still only really looks right as is... any suggestions?
Well the egg-plants eyes aren't facing the direction the Kart is facing why don't you make the eyes bigger, and move the surounding part of the eyes back to the left a little, then oval out the eyes, and walla your wish is your command, if you don't get it I'll show you sometime later.
Thanked by:
maybe try making the visor thing a pixel taller but keep the eyes where they are so that they aren't connected
Click the banner metal fans
[Image: Dark_Theory_Logo_by_WolfNM.png]
Thanked by:
(05-04-2009, 09:54 AM)WolfNM Wrote: maybe try making the visor thing a pixel taller but keep the eyes where they are so that they aren't connected
He's trying to make the eyes oval but he says there to small to delete the corner pixels of the eyes so he can make them oval.
Thanked by:
yeah characters in Mario Kart style don't generally have oval eyes they do just have the rectangular ones
Click the banner metal fans
[Image: Dark_Theory_Logo_by_WolfNM.png]
Thanked by:
(05-05-2009, 02:24 AM)WolfNM Wrote: yeah characters in Mario Kart style don't generally have oval eyes they do just have the rectangular ones
oh I didn't know that I'll check them out, but it looks like this user barely reply's so he probably doesn't care.
Thanked by:
(05-05-2009, 03:00 AM)Mega_Virus Wrote:
(05-05-2009, 02:24 AM)WolfNM Wrote: yeah characters in Mario Kart style don't generally have oval eyes they do just have the rectangular ones
oh I didn't know that I'll check them out, but it looks like this user barely reply's so he probably doesn't care.

Hey! I do so care. In fact, I'd like to thank you both for your input and suggestions, and was wondering if this was any better. (I went with the visor raising idea, as opposed to the rounding idea)
[Image: smkeggplanti.png]

Thanked by:
(05-05-2009, 03:27 AM)SleepyHarry Wrote: Hey! I do so care. In fact, I'd like to thank you both for your input and suggestions, and was wondering if this was any better. (I went with the visor raising idea, as opposed to the rounding idea)
Okay sorry, and your sprite gottn worse, now it looks like the eyes are out instead of in, can you show me the place where you base your sprites on, it will help me to give you suggestions.
Thanked by:
(05-06-2009, 04:44 AM)Mega_Virus Wrote: Okay sorry, and your sprite gottn worse, now it looks like the eyes are out instead of in, can you show me the place where you base your sprites on, it will help me to give you suggestions.

Its completely custom, but you can see the character style its based on here. Other than that, Its based on some line-art by tonberry.

Thanked by:
(05-06-2009, 04:44 AM)Mega_Virus Wrote: Okay sorry, and your sprite gottn worse, now it looks like the eyes are out instead of in, can you show me the place where you base your sprites on, it will help me to give you suggestions.

How about this then?

Thanked by:
(05-08-2009, 07:16 PM)SleepyHarry Wrote: How about this then?
Dude I love your egg plant he's tyte looking, I worked on him a little you will see, but this is basically what I think it should look like as a final you can do more to it by adding various shades of color but to me right now it already looks good sometimes pixelated sprites can look good and memorizable when you used them in games like mario for instance for nintendo.
[Image: 2800c102ce.png]
Thanked by:
(05-10-2009, 11:06 PM)Mega_Virus Wrote: Dude I love your egg plant he's tyte looking, I worked on him a little you will see, but this is basically what I think it should look like as a final you can do more to it by adding various shades of color but to me right now it already looks good sometimes pixelated sprites can look good and memorizable when you used them in games like mario for instance for nintendo.
[Image: 2800c102ce.png]

Thanks a million! I've made a few little changes to yours, and I think I've got the finished result. Again, thanks! You've been a great help!

Thanked by:
(05-11-2009, 03:28 AM)SleepyHarry Wrote: Thanks a million! I've made a few little changes to yours, and I think I've got the finished result. Again, thanks! You've been a great help!
No problem I enjoy helping.
[Image: 6dd48481ce.gif]:P
Thanked by: