Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Digital Memory: X
Hello everyone,

Who has ever played a series and had questions about what or how something had happened? Secrets that the game or series of them never dives into?

I've decided to go into said mysteries in the Megaman Series. Taking place between Megaman X 6 and the Megaman Zero series, I decided to start with asking the player "Do you really know what the series were all about?"

[Image: DocNoltingMini.png]
We start with a robotics/reploidic engineer named Dr. Charles Nolting. Upon receiving his grandfather's notes, he learns that the Maverick Virus/Zero Nightmare/Sigma Virus was planned, but who, when and why is part of the mystery.

[Image: RioMini.png]
Our Main character: Rio, a reploid designed by Doc Nolting. Her purpose, to help the 'good' doctor unearth the secrets of the past. She is designed to be very much like a human. Compassionate and understanding, but violence is not foreign to her. She understands that in order to complete a mission, fighting may be necessary, but doesn't have to be the first option.
(edit: another mini)
[Image: RioMini2.png]

aside from this, I've done a mock-up for y'all. Not much of a mock-up, but *shrug*
[Image: MockupMini.png]

I already have planned my 8 Maverick Bosses, Fortress Bosses, Final Boss, Powers, "Armor Upgrades", and Ride Armors. I'm working between my game and some sprites for JKB Productions' "Megaman X: Corrupted". However, he isn't involved in my game. I'm programming it in GML untill I get some real programming education, whereas he is doing his game in flash.
C+C welcome
Thanked by:
Dr. Nolting looks like a drunk bum lol.

The only thing i can say about the mock-up is the contrast in styles, try to avoid that as much as possible.
Do you have any of the bosses designed that you can show us?

I don't know GM but if you need help with testing just ask.

Good luck with the project.
Thanked by:
(03-14-2009, 04:33 PM)JKB Games Wrote: Dr. Nolting looks like a drunk bum lol.

The only thing i can say about the mock-up is the contrast in styles, try to avoid that as much as possible.
Do you have any of the bosses designed that you can show us?

I don't know GM but if you need help with testing just ask.

Good luck with the project.

Why yes, Dr. Nolting is kind of in a Bum-like situation. Remember after X5 or X6 (skips my mind at the moment) Eurasia devastates a good portion of the world, leaving it difficult to survive in. Therefor, the 'good' doctor doesn't bother shaving, and tends to drink a bit. The latter is because the world is a bit depressing.

I want to make the characters seem more believable. In place of "Good Doctor Light has made a hero to save us! And he wants nothing in return!" to something like "Chuck is a man in his late 50's. He knows about constructing reploids, due to his schooling. But he is not without his vices. The doctor can be polite as he can be crass. He works hard, and is sick of not being recognized for it. Violence is not alien to Dr. Nolting. But he's a decent person, despite his flaws."

Now on the subject of Contrasting Styles:
What parts of the mockup are contrasting?
- is it the enemy droids?
- is it the turret the one droid is sitting in?
- does Rio herself, look out of place?
- is the background to much of a contrast in style comparatively to the characters in the foreground?
- is it, I used a MMX (original / X1) enemy in something that is more closely related to the end of X and pre-Megaman Zero series?

I want to get the feel of this game PERFECT for between MMX and MMZ series:
Anyone whom can provide examples of such problems addressed above, please do so.

Thank you for taking the time to read this thread
Thanked by: