Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Custom Rebel Soldier Sprites - Metal Slug series
Well... That didn't go too well...
For those of you who don't know (which is the vast majority of you), I only found out about a week ago that apparently the tSR's little rule saying that all sprites must be ripped by yourself means that you have to rip ALL of them... Seems like someone discovered that their, "Okay to include sprites ripped by another spriter as long as you give credit" rule for sprite sheets doesn't work.

So, that means that my awesome 1.5 megabyte .PNG file format Rebel Soldier Mega-Sprite Sheet will never come to tSR, even though I do give credit to the rippers who did almost all of the ripping for it. Oh well...

Time for PLAN B! If life gives you lemons, make lemonade!!

These sprites here—I solemly swear on my Boy Scout honor—were made by me! I edited Marco sprites and worked with the original Rebel sprites to get these:
[Image: GWLsCustomRebelSoldierSprites.png]

Hope ya'll like 'em! Enjoy!
[Image: vdasvnkp.png][Image: mariosoniclinkfoxkrysta.png]Mario is red, Sonic is blue, Link is green, and Fox likes Krystal too! Wink
Click here to level up my card!

Thanked by:
That's pretty good for an edit. But parts of the gun look pasted on. You should still continue.
[Image: 14.gif]
Thanked by:
That's sweet Smile
However I'd find it more interesting if it were an original character (of your own design). But do carry it on!
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
(02-28-2009, 04:59 PM)Chdonga Wrote: That's pretty good for an edit. But parts of the gun look pasted on. You should still continue.

Don't worry, these are still works in progress. I'm going to continue working on them. But, um... What exactly do you mean by "parts of the gun's pasted on"? Please elaborate. It'll help me make 'em look better!
[Image: vdasvnkp.png][Image: mariosoniclinkfoxkrysta.png]Mario is red, Sonic is blue, Link is green, and Fox likes Krystal too! Wink

Thanked by:
It looks good and everything, but that's not an AR-10 in the slightest.
Thanked by:
Pretty nice for an edit. Still, a good edit it is.
Another cool edit you could do is with the rebel soldier using Marco's zombie sprites, instead of the normal ones for the soldier.

But please stop moaning that a sheet with other people's work pasted on with a few of your own wasn't added.
That rule is used when say if someone else did the death animation and allowed you to use it on your sheet, not when the mast majority of it is done by other people.

And even though I hate to "self-advertise" you seem a pretty big Slug fan so if you could head over to my project and see if I've missed anything from the "list" it would be appreciated.
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by:
(02-28-2009, 07:03 PM)Tyvonnosaurus Rex Wrote: It looks good and everything, but that's not an AR-10 in the slightest.

I know... That's just what the guys at Nazca/SNK call it. It's nothing like the real AR-10 (if there is a real AR-10), just like how they have a MRLS called the M-15A Bradley, though it does not resemble the real M2A2 Bradley IFV in any way...

Thanked by: