Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Snake
This is the topic for the SSB Project Snake sheet.
Thanked by:
Pik and Unknown need to team up on this. Pik makes sexy sprites, Unknown makes sexy anims, everybody's happy.
Thanked by:
Wehres the sprite?
Thanked by:
(02-25-2009, 11:22 PM)Tuna Unleashed Wrote: Pik and Unknown need to team up on this. Pik makes sexy sprites, Unknown makes sexy anims, everybody's happy.
i made the sprite that pik used as reference, fuck you :C
Thanked by:
[Image: snakeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeejr0.png]
Made by Pik
Thanked by:
(02-25-2009, 11:22 PM)Tuna Unleashed Wrote: Pik and Unknown need to team up on this. Pik makes sexy sprites, Unknown makes sexy anims, everybody's happy.

I was thinking of a collaboration process like this for a while, I'd certainly support it if some people teamed up.

also

I just edited tyvon's, it's not completely mine

[Image: 2014-11-19_1823.png]
Thanked by:
well, Pik is better than me at shading and i can crank out linearts at light speed (plus i love animating), and i don't think unknown sprites very often anymore and (not to be a dick but) some of his animations, although flowing well, break the anatomy and look awkward.

so if anything pik and i could collab for this one.
Thanked by:
(02-26-2009, 06:35 PM)Pik Wrote: I just edited tyvon's, it's not completely mine
Oh, sorry tyvon
Thanked by:
Bump. I'm gonna try to squeeze in something to do a few Snake sprites (even if it's just poses) sometime within the week.
Thanked by:
Big Grin
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Because I'm an MGS sir, I'd like to update Snake with the following things to make him more loyal to the appearance of his that we're using;

Alternate Costume - MGS1 Outfit. Don't argue with me JUST DO IT.

Visually - Shave the 'stache. Snake didn't get a stache until MGS4 where he's old and wrinkly. The goatee should be fine by itself.

Smash A - Just an aesthetic change; changing the RPG to the FIM-92 Stinger; Snake's never used an RPG until MGS4 when he becomes Old Snake; the Stinger, however, is a recurring weapon in the games. Big Boss is the one that uses the RPG.

Smash Down A - Change the mine to the Claymore. It sticks out a bit more obviously but it's more dangerous. Give it a bit more stopping power and use the proximity system it uses (small arc range; if motion is detected in this range, it explodes.) Make the explosion shoot off more to the side it's facing. The mine can still be triggered by stepping on it if you approach it from the back, but the explosion radius and general effect are all different. The actual "mine" hasn't been touched since Metal Gear 2 on the MSX; the Claymore is still recurring. The mine can be avoided by crawling, but if you stand up or do anything that isn't crawling or being completely still while crouching in its motion radius, it'll explode.

Smash Up A - Replace the mortar with the RGB6 grenade launcher; this weapon was actually IN MGS2, and reappeared in MGS4 under a different model. This can be just an aesthetic change.

The B specials are fine, nothing to complain about there.

Final Smash - Since the RGB6 is being used as the up smash instead, Snake needs a new FS. This could go in many directions;
1) Metal Gear. Snake hops in the helicopter like his normal Final Smash. REX appears in the background and readies the rail gun. The same crosshair from the original Final Smash appears. Press any button to fire; you can only shoot the rail gun once, but it fires a powerful blast about 2-to-3x the size of the Smart Bomb, and has the same lingering effect that the Smart Bomb does. When the rail gun fires, it'll take approximately 1-2 seconds for the blast to reach the battlefield.
1a) Same schtick, but REX appears closer to the screen. This REX is controllable; you can move to the left or the right, kick into the foreground by pressing R, charge and fire the FE Laser into the foreground with A (the longer you charge, the longer the effect), and fire missiles in your general position in the foreground with B. When you use weaponry, the time that REX can be on screen diminishes. The FE Laser does stacking damage but doesn't have KO power unless you use a full charge (takes about 5-7 seconds for a full charge), and the missiles have the same destructive power as the original Final Smash's grenades. Missiles are fired in clusters of 7, and cover the general area that REX is in.

2) Stun Grenade. Snake reaches into his "pack" and pulls out a stun grenade and throws it. It has a huge radius, and whoever gets caught is instantly stunned. Has a stronger effect than the Deku Nut.

3) !. Snake is "spotted" and hides in a box. A bunch of enemy soldiers jump on the field and begin attacking everybody on screen in various methods. Think of it as a more hectic Custom Robo/Saki/etc since there's going to be more on screen.

Throws: Change the forward throw to a shoulder throw, the back throw to his classic MGS/MGS2 rolling judo throw, and his up throw instead of a suplex, should be his takedown through, and it should pop the enemy upwards.

Taunts: There are more taunts that can be used than just the box taunt. He has two different version of the "Mission Complete" pose from MGS: VR Missions, and he could probably also have a taunt involving his SOCOM/USP. For added silliness, he could have a taunt where he pulls off his "Snake mask" to reveal the face of any random character in the game, and then pull THAT mask off to show he's actually Snake. JUST BECAUSE.

Explosives: For the Claymore and C4 moves, add a 5% chance that instead of using the explosives, he'll use the Sleep Gas Mine and Sleep Gas Satchel, respectively. These don't do any damage but have the effect of Jigglypuff's Sing sleep effect.
Okay I'm done. /fagrant.
Thanked by:
(11-05-2009, 10:28 AM)Number Six Wrote: Okay I'm done.

No you're not.

Final Smash 1 or 1a should be used, because the other two remind me of Peach/Pit.

The grabs all seem fine nothing wrong there.

For the Smash Down A, not all characters can Crawl.

Taunts seem great. I love the mask idea, but that might be TOO long.
Thanked by:
I like FS 1A. Though that would mean we couldn't make Rex a boss. Maybe Ray?
Thanked by:
RAY would probably be a more challenging boss anyway, and is a hell of a lot easier to sprite because he's more smooth and rounded, and has a simpler-looking construction.
Thanked by:
I like all of your ideas except the changing of the FS. The only reason we should change it should be if we can't pull it off in coding. I don't know much about Metal Gear, so I'll leave Snake up to those who do.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: