Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mario Spriting Project
Yup, another one of the much seen Mario projects. Though, I must admit, I think there's time for a change. Those are all the same Mario, and normally look very similar to each other. So, here's my version of Mario. A larger, bulkier Mario:
[Image: marioworksheetxv3.png]
You may have seen the single sprite on the Sprite Discussion, and you can give your feedback here, or there, it doesn't really matter. I will not be continuing with Mario until some people give me the OK, that its ready for a full sheet.
Next up:
Goomba
Fireball? (undecided, I may just make some custom new Mario hats and forget the old. Then again, it could always be used for some other enemy)
Thanked by:
the arm on the last frame of the jump is much too awkward posed, and his right leg (our left) needs to be bigger.
It has a few problems, but i like the overall idea =]
brb crying over evangelion 3.0
Thanked by:
Thanks, I'll try to fix that
Update: Fireballs, Goombas, and a WIP example of my work
[Image: marioworksheetkk9.png]
Thanked by:
would you mind if i did a slight edit to show you what i mean?
brb crying over evangelion 3.0
Thanked by:
No problem, go ahead
Thanked by:
Large Update:
[Image: marioworksheetck7.png]
Thanked by:
Mario's legs look rather spindly in comparison to the rest of his body. Either shrink the chest or enlarge the legs (or a little of both).

And you might just want to redo that jump pose all together. It's too unedited. It looks more like he's standing with a fist in the air.
Let's just get one thing straight: My username has NOTHING to do with the Megaman character, Zero.
Thanked by:
I think you tried to make it a little too realistic. Add some toonish style into it
[Image: 24989_110319182314923_100000105257814_24...7708_n.jpg]
Thanked by:
His legs and arms seem a bit broken... you might want to fix them.

Also, the jumping sprites don't seem to convey that he actually is jumping.
God is good.  Big Grin

An old fart who sits on a chair, giving animation and pixeling advice,... and calls everyone son...
Thanked by:
(03-12-2009, 08:42 PM)Silverhedge Wrote: I think you tried to make it a little too realistic. Add some toonish style into it

Uhm Why?

I mean why does he have to have a toonish style in his sprites.
I for one would like to see some realistic Mario sprites.
Thanked by:
Thumbs Down 
that's the Mario spirit! But anyway. There's a hack in Super Smash Bros. Brawl where you can combine Mario with link. The stats like the hight and width is of links, but the overall appearance is Mario's. The hack makes it look messed up. Just like yours. Get some practice dude.
1. use references
2. get rid of pillow shading. It makes everything look crappy.
3. The parts should fit to scale ( if you're not good at it, draw the parts separately and then combine them)
4. Try mixing styles of characters and Mario to get what you want.
5. Get some good practice( try making an exact copy of Mario and other characters from games)
6. It doesn't look like you try hard either, you just work on Mario standing, and "jumping" (doesn't move legs at all). You
just go right to the next stuff. Be patient, don't give up.
[Image: 24989_110319182314923_100000105257814_24...7708_n.jpg]
Thanked by:
Maybe it could be Mario after he eats a Protein Shake powerup!
Customs rule!!!
Thanked by: