Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (REQUIRING HELP)
If this is in the wrong section, please feel free to move.

Yea, you read that shit right. Sonic the Hedgehog 4.

Sounds like a fangame or some shit right? Well, it is, but this is being made by the same community behind brilliant hacks like Sonic Megamix. If you haven't played that yet, you should do yourself a favor and do so now.

This is a direct sequel to S3&K, and you have a brilliant amount of hardcore classic Sonic fans behind it. Problem is, everyone is fucking LAZY about getting this shit done, so that's where you come in.

Basically we need help creating graphics for this game. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Robotnik, Zones, the works.

This shit is being done all handmade and STRICTLY following the Genesis style. We want to make this a direct sequel to Sonic & Knuckles because SEGA is so full of shit today. I'm making this thread asking for any volunteers and those who are able to stick to the priority and take time to help with this project and won't butt out after a day or two getting excited at the possibility.

You need to fit these requirements:

-Able to match the desired style for this project.
-STAY within the goddamn color limit of the Genesis.
-Be intelligent and friendly with the members, they won't accept any BAWWing or hostile morons.
-No. Fucking. Edits. I mean it, no fucking edits whatsoever, you do this shit handmade and nothing else.
-Have a love of Sonic the Hedgehog and a deep respect for what the franchise so damn good in the first place.
-If a deadline is set up, you follow it and work to get your shit done in that amount of time.

This is the forum in question developing the game:
http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showforum=48

It will be using a Genesis replicated engine to play and feel EXACTLY like a Sonic game should. This is all pure back to basics, no Adventure Era bullshit or boost pads or excessive amounts of characters.

Register at the forums, and help us out. Please.
Thanked by:
http://z10.invisionfree.com/mfs/index.php?

Ask here. Particularly for Deebs. She's awesome. She's also great at organizing projects, which tSR is terrible about. You'll have more luck there than here.
Thanked by:
I love that fucking forum, haven't been there in forever.

Thank you Ton, I'll set up a proposition now for this.
Made the thread, hope it's well received.
Thanked by:
I have a good example of what kind of stuff you guys can expect out of this.

Chimpo, the project leader did this:
[Image: s4ljogf20002pb4.gif]
NOT FINAL

And this wonderful Tails was done by a few members:
[Image: 93348076yp9.png]

This is the exact quality of work we are looking for. We want to make this game GORGEOUS looking, a real reflection of how much love the fans have for the classic games and franchise as a whole. Right now we are focusing on getting ONE ZONE done. Focus on that one zone only for now, don't clutter the whole project with ideas ahead in the future.

Also, these graphics are a project exclusive, please don't use them.
Thanked by:
Registered. Pending validation.
Thanked by:
Yeah, moving this to Fangames. You're one subboard out.
Thanked by:
woah I read about this when I posted that S2HD thing
is that what you did too?

I'd like to help but I doubt I could do much.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
I can't sprite well but I can sorta code. Can I help?
Thanked by:
IAre the graphics based on Sonic's new design? If so, I hate the Tails.

If not, I don't have much interest in this. I really don't like Sonic's old designs much.

Also, this doesn't have anything to do with anything, but this would seem much more noble and mature if the first post wasn't filled to the brim with expletives.
Thanked by:
I could help you guys out with spriting but is there any kind of style they have like a certain outline or shading?
~~LOVE~~
~~SOLINK~~PK~~C2B~~KAIKIMI~~
[Image: Boggle_inside_a_futuristic_pod_by_Mabelma.png]

Have some time, check out my tumblr blog.
Thanked by:
If you read there post it tells you what style is being used...
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by:
I read the post but the problem is that I have never played a genesis game so I really don't know the style of hose sprites.
~~LOVE~~
~~SOLINK~~PK~~C2B~~KAIKIMI~~
[Image: Boggle_inside_a_futuristic_pod_by_Mabelma.png]

Have some time, check out my tumblr blog.
Thanked by:
So can I help?
Thanked by:
go to the forums and register
not that hard
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
My bad. Didn't see it.
Thanked by: