Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy for DS....sort of....
Ok. My friend and I are creating a Final Fantasy type game. First of all, we need some help. If you can sprite, know how to program or anything, we would GLADLY accept. Also, if you use palib/homebrew experience, we NEED you. We will give you so much credit, you'll face will bleed......anyway, this is what we got so far.

Story

Two street performers are performing one day(duh) and are recognized by patrolling guards as thiefs and are chased after. After losing the guards(minigame maybe?) in a back alley, a man approachs them, asking for help. He says that he needs an item retrieved. They agree after hearing about the reward and go retrieve it. They progress through the dungeon and finally reach the end. They get the item, but a cloaked figure stops them. It asks what they're intentions were, but they remain silent. It then knocks them both back and takes the item, saying "You have no idea the power you posess." It then tells them to leave before the "swarm" gets there. They are confused, but chase after it. It disappears before them, however.
*No major game changes next, except for new charecters*
Then they meet a fortune-teller who tells them of the swarm. She says "Only ones true of mind, heart, and soul can stop the swarm."
Then they do more stuff and fight the "Swarm".

Gameplay

Standard turn-based battles. Probably more fighters however. Four or five maybe. Overdrives will be enabled by touchscreen. Possibly some spells, too. Movement done by control pad. Opponents will be seen before hand in most cases(how am I supposed to show a bird 20 feet above?).

Class System

Alright, this is my specialty. Almost every character has the ability to pick their own jobs. ??? Don't know what I mean? Well, some characters won't be able to change classes. One of the characters in the beginning can't. But if they are unable to change, they will have a major class. Trust me. Anyway, some returning example classes are:

Warrior
Archer
Samurai
Black Mage
White Mage

Some non-returning examples:
Berserkers(There will be an item that enables Berserk though)
Blue Mage
Ninja(Replaced by Assassin Class)
Summoner(Replaced by Summon ability)
Time Mage(White Mage inherits spells)
Beast Master

New Class examples:
Assassin
Light Mage(Kinda like Miciah's attacks on Fire Emblem:Radient Dawn)
Necromancer
Shape-shifters(Animals)

Abilitys
We plan to use an ability tree, like standard MMOs. When you change a class, you won't be able to use old abilities from other classes, but you can always switch back and have the same abilitys. We have added "Summon" to the ability list.

Look
We are going to try to get the best looking sprites we can. It will hav a Final Fantasy V feel, but alot cleaner and sharper and all around awesomer.

Enemies
We'll have some of the same enemies revamped, but other than that, all different enemies and alll different and custom bosses. They'll be custom sprited and created by the staff. We will try and not have fights too impossible.

Pre-Battle Interface
You will be able to choose your equipment before the battle and your party. No healing can be done her however.

Playable Character Amount
We plan to have about 12 characters because of the length of the game and the class system.

Please help and get involved. We need your support.
I forgot to mention to say that if you get involved you could become a character in the game depending on what you do.
Thanked by:
locked, this sub forum is for games that are in progress with proof that they exist, i.e, sprites or an engine. Not for recruiting people, find another board for that.

PM me once you have something to show.
Thanked by: