Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sonic Eclipse
Question 
Sonic Eclipse is my concept of a Sonic game. I thought up on it back last October, and started it in November- Sonic Unleashed's mere existance insprired me. I KNOW Sonic sucks, but, well, I... feel I can do it RIGHT. For some strange reason.

Anyways, here's the current features and the Hoped-for features.

Current Features-

-Fast paced Sonic stages filled with twists and turns that will keep your attention
-Lightdash for speed paths
-Enemies that look in your direction with unique designs- Except, well, the ones inspired by the Buzzbomber and the Egg Pawn. But I modified the Egg Pawn's design. Yeh.
-Spring paths for excitement and adrelin withn levels

Hopeful Features-

-Traditional based act beginnings
-'Town' stages
-Slow platforming Omega stages filled with puzzles and fights
-Slow, chunky bosses and Pseudo-3D bosses
-End level intermission scenes
-Cutscenes filled with wonderful plot developments
-A password-based level select
-An ominous title screen
-Emerl/Emerald Suit for use in space when not Super

Plot-

Two years ago

Rotor twiddled with his tie. He was a flicky. It was hard to find a place for a wedding, especially now that the trucks with teeth were eating their homes. Annie, being the (beautiful in his eyes) smart one, had found the only place trucks with teeth would not touch.
Inside the cabin of one.
It took Rotor a lot of persuading to see if it was truly empty and that these trucks with teeth were not cannibals. He was still weary. During the middle of the sermon, however, a robot poked it's head through the window. A strange symbol was emblazoned on it's side. Rotor knew enough human words to see that it was an Egg Man. It stood to reason, it was on a label. It was obviously egg shaped. But the question was, what type of man was it?
It was a cruel one.
It grabbed him. Put him inside a hexagonal shaped cylander. Slowly, a gas filled him with blankness, put sorrow out of his eyes, and put him to sleep...

Now

Sonic the hedgehog was used to destroying beasts twelve times his size. He was used to knocking robots around with the palm of his hand. He was even used to Amy of all things.
But he had no experience in a situation like this.
In front of him, a crater. Where E-123 Omega had been ejected after assaulting Dr Robotnik. But Omega was still active. He was damaged badly, though. And instead of talking in monotone, he talked in an unsure voice, a voice that sounded like it was coming from a speakerphone.
He didn't know who he was.
Well, that's what Sonic thought at first glance. But he then stated 'Who're you? Where's Annie?' And he then knew he was staring at the last survior of the great kidnap of 1981.
If robots could show emotions, this one would be crying. He- if you could call it a he- was so confused. It took five minutes of talking to calm him.

Sonic eventually rebefriended Omega- or Rotor, as he liked to call himself (for some strange reason). But at least he had gotten used to his new name. He wanted to go after the Egg Man as he called it. Destroy it.

A month ago

Dr Robotnik- Or Eggman, as Sonic called him- picked up his Bacon Sandwich and took a bite. It had taken him a year or so, but he had almost completed the first stage of his plan.
Build a cannon mounted on- and powered by the Sun.
It would threaten Earth to surrender an island, where he could build Eggmanland in peace.
Why? He had realised total world conquest is impossible. So he just wanted a bit of it.
Eggmanland- His palace!
He laughed a triumphant laugh. On his left was the cyrogenically frozen body of Shadow the Hedgehog. He had taken him, for experiments.
On his right, G-mel. He had taken it too. It was the same experiment. He simply needed gizoid.exe.
To control his next creation...

Images-

Sonic jumps over an Egg Pawn
Sonic recovers from lost rings
At the beginning of the act
Sonic blasts through a badnik and up a loopdeloop

Demos-

Unforunetly, Sonic Eclipse does not have any demos yet. But keep waiting, we might have a Grassy Cliff zone demo soon!

What can I do to help if I want to?-

Well, just support this game! If anyone wants to help with some sprites and stuff, please ask. I need a bit of help with my Metal Sonic sprites mainly. This is what you need if you want to help.

Well...-

What do you think?

Thanks for reading,
~Tapika
Thanked by:
Aye, this is awesome!! Big Grin
I make alot of FanGames too, what did you use for this?? Cool
I for one give my full support to this project, and hopefully, alas, there will finally be a successful Sonic game. Tongue

Are you gonna do the whole Tails follows Sonic thing? lol. I think that's awesome, but it's always so hard to keep Tails in the right place without making him consistently fall off the screen. Cry
[Image: dontpokepeoplebymarcphx.gif]
"DON'T POKE PEOPLE"
CHAOSBLAZEX
Thanked by: Tapika, Tapika
Thanks! Smile
I'm making this with Gamemaker. As in, Yoyogames.com Gamemaker.
Thanks, but Sonic Advance 3 did pretty well in my opinion. ^^

I actually did that in a previous fangame- He hovered behind Sonic all the time. However, Tails is very busy in this game. Working on a giant spaceship and stuff. Yeh.

~Tapika
Thanked by:
this surpirsed me as there is actually a decent, original story here even though it is badly written
aside from the new zealand part, it's actually pretty good

this has some potential.
The screenshots seem a bit awkward and the egg pawns aren't in the correct style, but I think this one might end up looking good.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
Thanks! I don't often get good comments when I go to forums filled with smart people.
I've removed the NZ part. Well, and added a less clich'e ending to that part. See if you can link 2 and 2 together!

Thank you!
How do they seem awkward?
I understand about the Egg Pawns, but hey, at least it's not Genesis + Advance! And in the credits those two sprites exist alongside eachother. I think. Gonna have to play through again.
Thanks!

~Tapika
Thanked by:
I'm assuming metal shadow?

Let's see...
[Image: ses1.png]
1. what is that orange thing hovering over the ground near the right side of the picture
2. The ground doesn't match up. It's supposed to be a perfect checkerboard, and it's not. It's obvious that you pasted pieces together.
3. Those blown up bushes look terrible either fix them or get rid of them

[Image: ses2.png]
1. Sonic is blurry
2. Are those sonic rush style rings?
3. There is no change from the foreground to the background. The ground pieces abruptly end.

[Image: ses3.png]
1. Is that a tunnel? There's no top so sonic seems to just appear inside. I'm assuming the level begins with him falling from there, but there's not way for him to get there in the first place.
2. On the left next to sonic's hand you break the checkerboard pattern. Fix that.
3. Those hills on the side of the "tunnel" just abruptly stop. Make them continue to slope upward and then fade out to checkerboard.

[Image: ses4.png]
1. The loop is badly done. You broke the checkerboard pattern and it's obvious that you just flipped the same corner segment 4 times. IIRC, there is an actual rip of a loop on tSR. Use that.

Also, about the egg pawn: It doesn't matter if they're "close enough". It is still sprite mixing, and still looks bad. Fix them.
Thanked by:

o.o

To be honest, in my defence, you're supposed to be going too fast to care.

Also, the orange thing is a dasher, BTW, and he's blurry because he's at an angle.

The Egg Pawns. Where the hell do I get Egg Pawn advance sprites?
Also, your guess was close. He only used Shadow as a substitute...

I'll try to fix some of these things, but, wow, so much crap I didn't notice!

~Tapika
Thanked by:
trust me, people will notice
especially if the pieces are that terribly put together

either find the correct pieces, or make them yourself
your choice

and about the egg pawns, make them yourself
Thanked by:
lol, ViperShark, it's a fangame - so perfect precision isn't necessarily required. Shy

I've made Sonic fangames before, so I'm fully aware of how ridiculously long it takes just to keep that checkerboard pattern perfect, lol, dude, don't even bother with that kinda thing. Embarassed
It's only because this place is a sprite website, everyone here aims for precision, lol. I don't think ViperShark is really considering the amount of effort it takes just to make a massive level and keeping it absolutely perfect at all times. Tongue

-- and because everything is all stretched, the Egg Pawns look fine to me, don't worry about it. lol. Big Grin
"DON'T POKE PEOPLE"
CHAOSBLAZEX
Thanked by:
Lol, ChaosBlazeX, its a fan game so perfect precision is required if you want your fan game to be successful and not to be classed along with the many badly made fan games.

And I have made Sonic fan games before, and I know it can be difficult, but its not that difficult if you use large tiles for example. So really as long as you know what your doing you can make your life easier.
For example:
[Image: tileska7.png]

Instead of having the pattern and then adding on slopes that have tiles of there own, you combined both so it has a consistent look.

And ha, its sooo not just cause this place is a sprite website that we aim for precision, any website such as Sonic Retro, SFGHQ, where fan games and hacks can be found, dedication = perfection.

And really, it depends on how you tackle levels, depends on how things turn out, if you want to impress you need to shine, not do the min.

BTW, Mystical Forest Zone Act 4, I think have the battle versions of egg pawns, which tSR had but are not up due to all customs not being up. But Im sure the egg pawns which have been done in battle style are somewhere and work much better with advance sprites.
Thanked by:
Ich. I fixed most of them. It took ages.

I sorta agree with those guys. I hate taking ages to do something, however. Thanks for the comments though.

That is the one thing I do not want. I am aiming for perfection.
Too late now! However, I will take that into consideration when making later level tiles. Well, later level tiles that have patterns. Tongue
Well, I'm making more levels now. I'll take that into consideration while making the rest of GCZ.
Pfft. Those Eggpawn sprites Gussprint made- No offense, he's my best friend here, but they suck. And do NOT go better with Advance sprites. However, I did check first.
Also, plz comment on the story. But thanks!

~Tapika
Thanked by:
Hahahah, yeah, I understand you completely Flare, I try to keep all my FanGames at professional standards - but I don't think a few measly tileset problems would destroy the chances of this one being a successful fangame, lol. xP Unless the problem consists too frequently throughout the level.. Gonna Puke

I feel gutted now though, lol, cos' I've come across as a noobie fangame-maker. Tongue
Dangit, I'm not, I work as hard as hell on all mine, but y'all won't believe me now. lolol.
"DON'T POKE PEOPLE"
CHAOSBLAZEX
Thanked by:
The story sounds a little strange but the gameplay might be solid. Good luck

Are ya using Gussprint's Omega sprites? If so can I have the link to them? I lost them
Thanked by:
I sorta belive you. I just have to look at your sig to find proof Tongue

Thanks! ^^
Yes I am. However, I had a pretty hard time finding them, and now I've edited them. Sorry.

~Tapika
Thanked by:
(02-06-2009, 02:22 AM)Tapika Wrote: I sorta belive you. I just have to look at your sig to find proof Tongue

Thanks! ^^
Yes I am. However, I had a pretty hard time finding them, and now I've edited them. Sorry.

~Tapika
Proof of what? And by strange I meant since I'm a big Omega fan, this whole "Omega actually being a bird in a robot's shell" idea might take some time to get use to.
Thanked by: