Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Lego War
Uh... something I've worked on for a bit. AI was a bitch to program mainly for when it mass attacks when they think the time is right. ANYHOW, Lego War. Pretty self explanitory. Help and shit is in the game, so yeah. If you guys like, I'll continue to update the game with more jobs for units, more maps and all penis stuff like that. Here's some snapshots before you try.

How you start out:
[Image: screenshot100bp6.png]
[Image: w320.png]
Tiny army:
[Image: screenshot102zw4.png]
Tiny army attacking and failing miserably:
[Image: screenshot106yk4.png]

Note that you don't have to be this color. You can choose any color you want possibly.
I've programmed the computer's to have a wide selection of color choices as well, seeming that I made them pick their colors on their own.

If you play an ally war, your teammate will have a modified color similar to yours. Same with P3 and P4, they will have colors relative to eachother.

Okay, have fun.
Download: Lego War Download

Also, please excuse the dumb test thing Imageshack is a distinguished gentleman.
Thanked by:
I haven't tried the game but you could work more on those Lego guys: change colour palette (add more contrast, get rid of a few shades) and make those Lego bricks look more plastic-y (contrast, reflection).
Avoid using non-pixelart backgrounds with pixelart games, it doesn't fit very well Sad
Overall, yeah, more work needed on sprites, but I guess your initial focus was gameplay and not sprites.

My suggestions: stick those round clips (you know, the things on top of the Lego bricks) everywhere, even on the ground, buildings, etc. and put props over, more contrasted, bright, fruity colours: remember, you're trying to entice somebody into playing your game, make it catch the eye.

I've downloaded Lego War:
Make the readme more user friendly (use colours to divide it up into sections, avoid caps everywhere).
The writing for the HUD should be made more visible. Add a bit of animation to everything (cos only the gold's glowing)
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
Okay. I did plan on revising the graphics shortly after the first release thing due to the fact I didn't like them much either. They're old sprites. Anyway, thanks for the sprite c+c lol.
To make the text more visible, I'd have to add a little background for it. That could get in the way, so I'm gonna make something so if you press a button it brings up the background so you can read the text easier.
Thanked by:
I'll supply eds or suggestions if you really need them, I like your idea.

Thanked by:
Thanks man. Also, as for the legos... I may add something like... shine reflection thing. You'll see what I mean when I get it done.
Thanked by:
You should get LEGO Digital Designer: it'll help you for building stuff, then use it in your game (by using builst stuff as refs).
http://ldd.lego.com/download/default.aspx

Thanked by:
or use them as pre-renders lol

thanks

edit: god i love this thing. thanks a lot.
And with that said, I'm kinda taking my time on these models to make them look better and more factory-like. I present... the new Barracks!
[Image: newbarrackshy3.png]
Thanked by:
Hey that's neat! Have you checked to see if your legomen can go through the doorway?

Thanked by:
Uh... lol. I'll be pre-rendering these sprites remember, so uh... in the game they'll be able to Tongue

Put the pre-render in the game. Looks nice.
Thanked by:
Remember unity of style: if one thing is prerendered, the rest is. Think Donkey Kong Country :p
Oh yeah and get those screens coming in!

Thanked by:
That's what I'm doing lol. But with this post comes the New Hospital. I was spending most of the time trying to think... how would I redisign it? Well... I didn't really. Just added 2 things in the back that will circulate air in the hospital and stuff... and added Antennaes (which all buildings will have, so they can receive your signals lol).
[Image: newhospitalxe7.png]
Thanked by:
I'd give more length to that hospital, and make it lower, unless it's those makeshift ones used in the military. Anyway, my point is try and base what you're doing on at least a fragment of reality (by using refs).

Thanked by:
May remake the hospital then. That's what the original design was basically. But before I redo the Hospital sometime... new Bunker. Complete redo basically. Also in the game it'll now, instead of facing foward like all the other buildings, will face diagonally kinda like shown in the pictures.
[Image: newbunkersj4.png]
Thanked by:
I like it. Maybe add more fortification to the corners and give it a direction (by sticking a wall in one of the holes).

Thanked by:
Didn't get started on the Armory yet. Instead... these are what the guys will look like (except the guy in the Armory).
[Image: newguyzt0.png]
(and i know the program called that a camera but it looks more like a gun lol)
Thanked by: