Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Project Reawakening
Jeeze, I hate posting my stuff... But, thats part of a project I guess.

So, to start off, My project is a remake of LoZ Links Awakening. It was a fun game, and I thought it'd nice to try this. Right now, I'm in the starting stages so bear with me.

Also, a few designs WILL BE ALTERED. Lets face it, some of the characters in that game, by todays standards, arent really LoZ material (I'm looking at you clown genie), so for many characters like that, I plan to rethink them a bit. Keep in mind, I'm not completely changing them. The last thing I want to do is make a new boss and lose the LA spirit, I'm just going to slightly alter them.

Mini Tutorial

Currently working on/Claimed
Main Characters
Link-Shyguy Grey
Tarin/Tunooki- Chris2Balls [:B}

Enemies
Octorok-Shyguy Grey

Bosses
Moldrom-Shyguy Grey
Dethl-Shyguy Grey
Landscape

Extra
Various NPC (originals and extras) -Shyguy Grey

Some of the palette from koopaul's card project.
Thanked by: Miles07, Miles07
i think theese are goodSmile
riping from thomas tte and friends.
current sheets on tsr Big Grin6Big Grin
[Image: 96054397.gif]
[Image: 57084332.gif]
[Image: banner.png]
Thanked by:
Awesome sprites, and I loved that game.

The only thing I can comment on is that at first it looked like Link was swinging a net (like the one from ALTTP) rather than a sword in the downward-facing animation; perhaps adding the back outline to the sword would rectify this?
Still, they look great!
Thanked by:
Looks Great. Good luck, I'm looking forward to it.
Thanked by:
I love these!
Thanked by:
I now hate you because this is ANOTHER project that I wanted to do but somebody else did first.
BUT

You did it very well. Great job. I'd love to see more.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
Ahhh, great game, great sprites! The only problem I have is with the eyes, especially in side view. They seem to wide, stare-y, etc, and to me it stands out a fair amount. If you can make him look more relaxed I'm sure it would look better! Everything else is great though.
Thanked by:
I like everything so far. The colors and lines seem so smooth and fit together. Are you make an actual game with these sprites?
Thanked by:
Love that game.....even though I suck at it, and I only played it twice. Nice sprites, anyways.
Mew2King Wrote:they should make a cereal called jiggly puffs
Thanked by:
Awesome Link sprites you have there
[Image: 76561198013106137.png] 
Thanked by:
(01-17-2009, 08:30 PM)DiamondDustSpirit Wrote: I like everything so far. The colors and lines seem so smooth and fit together. Are you make an actual game with these sprites?

I wish, sadly, I lack the skills.

Also, as a side note, I plan on doing all graphics alone, but later, I may need help with the PAs (opening scenes, photos, that photo of peach) since I don't have to much practice with PAs.
Thanked by:
Nice I use to love this game great remake the colors are awesome. Keep going!
Thanked by:
(01-17-2009, 10:52 PM)Shyguy Grey Wrote:
(01-17-2009, 08:30 PM)DiamondDustSpirit Wrote: I like everything so far. The colors and lines seem so smooth and fit together. Are you make an actual game with these sprites?

I wish, sadly, I lack the skills.
Ha, I don't...
What are you spriting next, can you try some goblins?
Thanked by:
[Image: dethlgw9.png]
You might be wondering why I'm posting such an early WIP of the final boss. Well, it's becuase I wanted to explain something. In the game, he was a pathetic final boss. Think about it, he had his various forms that could actually fight, then his final form that only has 1 real attack and can be killed in 1 hit with the boomerang.

I'm giving him MANY different attacks that spwn from his "hands". His hands, as you may have guessed will be Links taget. Hit them till they close, then the main eye opens. The hands will change forms for different attacks, but can be fought back by using an item. The item you use depends on the form.

EDIT- The final version will be more detailed. I'm going for a "God of nightmares" look, so i'm giving him more personality, as apposed to his original "black blob with an eye" look.
Thanked by:
[Image: nightmarefinaljh4.png]

Sorry for the double post but I redid some stuff to it. A few some stuffs to be exact.

Also, a little animation
[Image: Lasereyebeamssss.gif]
Thanked by: Miles07, Miles07