Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sonic Legacy: Rebirth of the Chaos Emeralds
Hey everyone, I am currently working on my first Sonic fangame.

It is called Sonic Legacy: Rebirth of the Chaos Emeralds.

A Sonic fan-made RPG game that is respectable.

Storyline: It starts off with Dr. Eggman passes by to use the Chaos Emeralds' negative energy for his ultimate robot he invented to dominate the world again while Rouge seen watched his move. After that, she flies to Sonic's house in a small island to warn him that he must recover the emeralds and stop Eggman's schemes to save the world once again. The blue hedgehog calls Tails and their journey begins.

Features - A Final Fantasy-style side view battle system, the sidequest system, keypad combination system for few special moves for characters and stronger attacks from bosses, over 12 characters, a few secret characters, bonus bosses, sound test system and a better save/load data system.

Here's the percentage on what I progress on the game so far:

Storyline - around 6%
Debug Room - 96%
World Map - 88%
Villages - 0% (Will start after finishing the World Map)
Music - 5%

I am planning to make a Demo version of the game with one easy boss battle.

I am making this fangame with RPG Maker XP, BTW.
Thanked by:
any screenshots available?
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
Doesn't really make sense.
1. Eggman has never heard of Erazor Djinn
2. Dark Gaia JUST WOKE UP so he would be pathetically weak
4. Learn to type.
Thanked by:
(01-10-2009, 10:19 AM)Vipershark Wrote: any screenshots available?

Not yet. I might add some once I finish replacing the first four default actors with the Sonic characters for the battle system and finishing the world map.
(01-10-2009, 11:18 AM)Tuna Unleashed Wrote: Doesn't really make sense.
1. Eggman has never heard of Erazor Djinn
2. Dark Gaia JUST WOKE UP so he would be pathetically weak
4. Learn to type.

Look, it's my fangame because:

1. Eggman will meet Erazor Djinn for the first time when the evil wizard Gollord brings him back to life with the magic lamp he found.

2. Dark Gaia will wake up again a bit stronger.

3. The dark energy will invade Sonic again once he falls asleep at his house at night to turn into his Werehog form again.

4. I've learned to type. Do not judge against my slightly improved typing skills.

It is just a fan-made game. End of discussion.
Thanked by:
From what I've fathomed of Sonic Lore the Sonic and the Secret Rings series (Secret Rings,Black Knight) is not canon and is a spinoff of importance like that of Mario Party.

And how could Darkness turn Sonic into Werehog again? Only Eggman was able to do that by shooting him up with crazy crap.
I'll think of something to add later then.
Thanked by:
(01-10-2009, 04:06 PM)Tero Wrote: From what I've fathomed of Sonic Lore the Sonic and the Secret Rings series (Secret Rings,Black Knight) is not canon and is a spinoff of importance like that of Mario Party.

And how could Darkness turn Sonic into Werehog again? Only Eggman was able to do that by shooting him up with crazy crap.

To your question, Eggman will burst into the blue hedgehog's house, kidnaps him to his base in outer space to get zapped again from his improved laser invention to transform into Werehog again and sends Sonic out with an escape pod to crash-land onto a grassland outside of a port town village.

Look, it's my first fan-made game and I started working on it since December 2008. I am not canceling the project because I don't want anyone telling me that the storyline doesn't make sense. It will be an okay storyline. Don't take this personally. I'm new here, okay?
Thanked by:
Its not like you program in the story, its easy enough to change. Why would dark gaia be stronger when it took him millions of years to get as strong as in unleashed? Why would eggman turn him into a werehog again instead of killing him? How would this Gollord find the lamp when erazor is still inside a book? It really doesn't make sense. Thats like the first rule of good storylines.
Thanked by:
(01-10-2009, 06:38 PM)Tuna Unleashed Wrote: Its not like you program in the story, its easy enough to change. Why would dark gaia be stronger when it took him millions of years to get as strong as in unleashed? Why would eggman turn him into a werehog again instead of killing him? How would this Gollord find the lamp when erazor is still inside a book? It really doesn't make sense. Thats like the first rule of good storylines.

To the last two questions, Eggman wants to get revenge on Sonic for foiling his plans on making a land of his own. And Gollord used his magic to draw the lamp out of the book.

To the first question, I don't know.
Thanked by:
(01-10-2009, 09:02 PM)SonicChrono Wrote:
(01-10-2009, 06:38 PM)Tuna Unleashed Wrote: Its not like you program in the story, its easy enough to change. Why would dark gaia be stronger when it took him millions of years to get as strong as in unleashed? Why would eggman turn him into a werehog again instead of killing him? How would this Gollord find the lamp when erazor is still inside a book? It really doesn't make sense. Thats like the first rule of good storylines.

To the last two questions, Eggman wants to get revenge on Sonic for foiling his plans on making a land of his own. And Gollord used his magic to draw the lamp out of the book.

To the first question, I don't know.

And how would killing him not constitute as revenge? Also, what about the whole thing about SATSR being non-canon?
Thanked by:
Let me get this straight, Eggman kidnaps Sonic while he's sleeping only to zap him and toss him back home? Wow that's really a smart thing for Eggman to do.
I'll think of something to add later then.
Thanked by:
why don't you just make an ORIGINAL story
Thanked by:
It's people like you that allow Sonic Team to keep producing terrible games. Sonic's werehog form was a terrible idea from the start. Secret Rings was an atrocity, like the game was made then had Sonic characters thrown in at the last minute for sales alone.

If you're gonna make a Sonic RPG, make a respectable one.
[Image: SigYT.png][Image: SigArt.png]
Thanked by:
(01-13-2009, 05:20 PM)SamW89 Wrote: It's people like you that allow Sonic Team to keep producing terrible games. Sonic's werehog form was a terrible idea from the start. Secret Rings was an atrocity, like the game was made then had Sonic characters thrown in at the last minute for sales alone.

If you're gonna make a Sonic RPG, make a respectable one.

There you go hating on the idea. It's just my first fangame and you want me to cancel the game because of accusing me for letting Sonic Team make more terrible games? NO I will not! It is a tribute! >=(

I have never made any respectable fangames period.
Thanked by:
I think the thing you're forgetting is that you aren't most of the people playing this. You want to make it generally enjoyable, not just to yourself. None of us are telling you to cancel it, we're telling you to change the story, which is one of the easiest things to change in a game.
Thanked by:
Quote:I have never made any respectable fangames period.
this one won't be either if you keep it the way it is
Thanked by: