Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[GAME PROJECT] Super Smash Bros. Impact!
WELCOME
This is my gallery of 100% custom Super Smash Bros. Brawl sprites! You are welcome to CnC all of these sprites. This is the spriting project I've opened around October for an SSB Mugen we are making. We are sheeting Super Smash Bros Brawl characters and there are some people that have already joined this project. There are people that are helping me with bases, and such.

SHEETERS
Medevenx - Burke-Works
Project64Mugen - Mugen Fighters Guild
Reymugen - Burke-Works
Eplison - Mugen Fighters Guild
Zazz - Burke-Works

SHEETERS INFO
TAKEN
Mario - Reymugen
Luigi - Reymugen
Kirby - Medevenx
Ness - Medevenx
Mr. Game & Watch - Zazz
Sonic - Zazz
Toon Link - Zazz
Jigglypuff - Project64Mugen
Zelda - Nave
Lucario - Nave
Fox - Eplison

VACANT
Yoshi
Bowser
Link
Pikachu
Meta Knight
Samus
Bomberman
X

OLD ROSTER LINEUP
[Image: p9894361.gif]
Arranged by latest sprite. This was the former SSBM spriting style I was using, consisting of 3 colors and a black outline.
Mario, Kirby, Mr. Game & Watch, Link, Pikachu.

NEW ROSTER LINEUP
[Image: p10034551.png]
DO NOT USE OR EDIT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

2 rows, arranged by height. The new SSBB spriting style I am using, consisting of 4 colors and a black outline.
Bowser, Samus, Lucario, Link, Zelda, X, Charizard, Luigi, Yoshi, Sonic, Fox, Toon Link, Bomberman, Mario, Ness, Wario, Mr. Game & Watch, Pikachu, Meta Knight, Jigglypuff and Kirby.

SPRITING INFORMATION
Mario - colors from Smash Bros. Dojo, by Medevenx
Kirby - colors from Smash Bros. Dojo, by Medevenx
Pikachu - colors from Smash Bros. Dojo, by Medevenx
Mr. Game & Watch - colors from Smash Bros. Dojo, shading refered to ~Phantosanucca, by Medevenx
Ness - colors from Smash Bros. Dojo, baseball bat editted from Naruto[NU], by Medevenx
Yoshi - colors from Smash Bros. Dojo, by Medevenx
Meta Knight - colors from Smash Bros. Dojo, by Medevenx
Jigglypuff - colors from Smash Bros. Dojo, by Project64Mugen
Fox - colors from Smash Bros. Dojo, by Medevenx
Luigi - colors from Smash Bros. Dojo, by Medevenx
Bowser, colors from Smash Bros. Dojo, by Dream
Link, colors from Smash Bros. Dojo, by Zazz and edited by Medevenx
Sonic, colors from Smash Bros. Dojo, by Medevenx
Zelda, colors from Smash Bros. Dojo, by Nave and edited by Medevenx
Samus, colors from Smash Bros. Dojo, by Medevenx
Bomberman, colors from IGN, by Medevenx
X, colors from PlanetRenders, by Medevenx
Lucario, colors from Smash Bros. Dojo, by Nave
Charizard, colors from Smash Bros. Dojo, by TriggerX
Toon Link, colors from Smash Bros. Dojo, by Zazz
Wario, colors from Smash Bros. Dojo, by Medevenx

SHEETING PREVIEW
Mario - Side Smash
[Image: p9952378.gif]

Kirby - Side Special
[Image: p9965128.gif]

Jigglypuff - Up Smash
[Image: dbgqc8.gif]

Luigi - Punch 1
[Image: 02ha4.gif]

Mr. Game & Watch - Up Smash
[Image: 2niprah.gif]

Sonic - Stance
[Image: 9h801l.gif]

Fox - Stance
[Image: ssbbifoxstandms4.gif]

Toon Link - Stance
[Image: 2n65hfl.gif]

PROGRESS
Mario - | | | | | | | | | |
Kirby - | | | | | | | | | |
Jigglypuff - | | | | | | | | | |
Luigi - | | | | | | | | | |
Mr. Game & Watch - | | | | | | | | | |
Sonic - | | | | | | | | | |

LOG
December 6, 2008 - Medevenx has merged his SSBB spriting project with Liftset3000's (Mugen Fighters Guild) SSB coding project.
December 19, 2008 - My Christmas vacation has started.

INFORMATION
My spriting tutorial is done! Check it out here.

SUPER SMASH BROS. IMPACT!

BRIEF INTRODUCTION
Yes, we're making a MUGEN. The game will be called Impact! As it was the winner of the poll at both Mugen Fighters Guild and our own forum. Still, I'm having second thoughts about this because I wanted the name to be Clash... Big Grin I love the name "Clash". I'm one of the managers of the spriting department of the game. Liftset3000 will be the manager for the coding department. Fortunately, both of us had the same goal so we've united our projects in order to make a game. The MUGEN will be in Hi-Resolution.

TEAM
Liftset3000 (coding, storyline)
DeathMasterReaper (coding)
Sapphire Flame (coding, storyline)
Nakadashi (coding, guidance)
Spikeriley (coding, storyline)
Yuri Cat (coding, template)
Project64Mugen (coding, sheeting)
Medevenx (spriting, sheeting, screenpack, effects)
Reymugen (sheeting, coding)
Eplison (sheeting, spriting)
Dream (spriting)
Zazz (sheeting)
xatoku (coding, spriting, sheeting)

INFORMATION

GAMEPLAY
We are going for a very Smash-like gameplay. Having ring-outs, smash attacks, special attacks, final smash and etc. We are working on a template in MUGEN that is going to make this dream come true. The beta is still very buggy, but the coders are trying their best on perfecting it. The template will have the ring-outs, falls, shield, smash ball, and possibly, items. The codes will be coded into, not only every character, but in every stage as well. There might be some bonus stages and bonus game levels. We might be adding some custom attacks like smaller Hyper Smashes. Probably 2 each character, but it depends on our sheeters.

STORYLINE
Of course, there must be a storyline. Introductory movies and ending movies will come with each character. And the introductory movie will explain the storyline. A dialogue system will be presented in each character when they face a certain character during the game.

ROSTER
There is no specified roster yet. The roster will be changed according to the sheeters to make it easy for them. Expansion characters may be included. But they may be in or out of the storyline. NO Anime characters will appear in this game. There will also be bosses and characters will have their own stage designed specifically for them.

Official Starting Characters
Mario
Luigi
Kirby
Jigglypuff
Mr. Game & Watch
Sonic

JOIN US
Join us at
Super Smash Bros. Impact! Forums

CREDITS
Neimad - Dust Effects
Naruto[NU] - Baseball Bat

DISCLAIMER
Sprites are based on characters and storyline by
Nintendo
Sega
Capcom
Hudson

CnC please.
Thanked by:
I like it overall. It just needs bit of work in some areas.
Mario's hands seem a bit big. His pose during the forward smash when he has his hand out in front of him looks awkward. I'd try to make it 'flow' more; make it look more natural.
Kirby looks like he's twitching as he runs. If you're going to make his head rotate as he runs, make sure it's smooth throughout the entire animation.
Some of Yoshi's lines jagged and square (especially on his nose), and his hand looks pillow shaded.
I'm not a fan of that Meta Knight. His mask should be circular and cover more of his body, his sword looks awkward because it's perfectly horizontal in some parts and not others (though he's holding it slanted), and his feet are way too thin and make it look like he's standing on his toes.
I think you should be more consistent on whether to use black inside the characters or strictly for outlines. You use a lot of black inside Mario, but you don't also use black to outline Pikachu's lower ear, so you have to look hard to actually see it.
I really like the SSBM Link, though.
Thanked by:
Thanks for the awesome CnC. You're one of the people that made this kind of CnC pointing out all of the mistakes. Big Grin Yes, I'm trying to redo the run a bit. Big Grin Yes, I'm going to fix the black lines and Meta Knight's mask. Big Grin Thanks again.
Thanked by:
Kirby's hands look stiff when he runs, and are a bit upward.

Other than that, most of them look pretty good. Wink I'm liking the colors.
Pokemon Diamond friend code: Lukas: 4639-5474-5171

Deviantart account

Hazard Puzzle
Thanked by:
your old sprite game and watch looks better than new one but i love the mario sprite it looks alot like brawl great job Im likeing this project!!
Thanked by:
(12-14-2008, 09:30 PM)Spartan92 Wrote: your old sprite game and watch looks better than new one but i love the mario sprite it looks alot like brawl great job Im likeing this project!!

What? No it doesn't. The old one is jagged and simple. At least the other one has proper curves and some AA.
It just looks weird because it's on a white background.
Thanked by:
Yeah, Great job! For Kirby's run, he should look a little more at us when his left leg goes out. He only looks forward and left when he runs, but his head should move all 3 directions. You do't have to take my amateur advice, and correct me if I'm wrong. It's sorta like what omegakyogre said above me.
Thanked by:
(12-14-2008, 10:30 PM)omegakyogre Wrote:
(12-14-2008, 09:30 PM)Spartan92 Wrote: your old sprite game and watch looks better than new one but i love the mario sprite it looks alot like brawl great job Im likeing this project!!

What? No it doesn't. The old one is jagged and simple. At least the other one has proper curves and some AA.
It just looks weird because it's on a white background.
Ooh yea your ritght thats whats throwing me off the white around it.
Im rooting for this project!!
Thanked by:
Is this a good start for ducking?

[Image: KirbyduckSSBB.gif]

Deviantart account

Hazard Puzzle
Thanked by:
I think the feet should spread out a bit.
Thanked by:
(12-15-2008, 05:40 PM)Asuran Wrote: I think the feet should spread out a bit.

I disagree. In most Kirby games, his feet don't spread out when he ducks.
I think it looks fine like it is.
Thanked by:
Wow, thanks for the feedback guys. Also, I really love the duck you made Torkirby. Big Grin It's amazing that you and I almost got the same result in the duck because I've already finished most of Kirby. May I use it? Also, would you like to join the spriting project? You could do any of the posted sprites or make a new one. Big Grin

Kirby has the following complete progress:
Stance, Walk, Run, Duck, Start Jump, Jumps, Fall, Neutral Special (Land, Air), Forward Special (Land, Air)

I'm planning on finishing Kirby this Christmas. Big Grin
Thanked by:
Sure, I'd love to join. Smile And yes, you may use it.
I made Kirby's shielding pose, and starting to work on his Break Spin attack.

Deviantart account

Hazard Puzzle
Thanked by:
Thanks. Big Grin Well, you could leave Kirby to me. Big Grin I've already started much on Kirby. You could do another character. But if you insist on doing Kirby, I wouldn't mind giving you the sheet and expand it. I could do another character instead as well. But I would appreciate it more if you sheeted another character from my sprites or make a new one. You could do Pikachu instead, it would be better. Big Grin

Taken characters so far are:
Mario - Medevenx
Kirby - Medevenx/Torkirby
Jigglypuff - Project64Mugen

Anybody else want to join?
Thanked by:
Nice work. Med.
Nice job on the duck, Torkirby, and for more info on our project and who youre working with,
register in the SSBI MUGEN forum.

I think:
Make the yoshi's saddle and nose more rounded
and whatever else I told you back at the SSBI MUGEN forum.
I'm Liftset or LK from there.
Thanked by: