Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Virtual Pet Pixel Art (hiring, custom sprites)
Ok, so here's the deal. I'm making a virtual pet game, and I need sprites. Obviously I need a LOT of items. (a good size would be 64x64) Also need pets, world, and whatever else sprited. If you think you can do some, sign up here. I'm not asking you to do it all.

Nowadays people are all about making money, so I'll tell you this is possibly paid. Now the reason I say "possibly paid" is because I'm planning to sell subscriptions, BUT this is presuming I get the sprites I need and I take the effort to finish the game. (and I'm a little iffy on if I can make all of it work, but most of it I know I can) So let me just say this now:

DISCLAIMER: Payment is not promised. It is provided that you provide a sufficient amount of sprites, and that the project gets completed.

Now, that being said... When we're talking about HOW much, the question is really how much could this game make? All game profits will be split up amongst all team members who work on it. The more important things you do and the more sprites you provide, the more you'll get paid. (also the more that people buy subscriptions) Keep in mind, it's only legal to sell subscriptions if there's no copyright infringement. This means you need an imagination to create fictional, made-up items, pets, or whatever. I assure you though, if you provide 10% of the sprites you're likely get at least 5% of profits.

So, if there's anyone who's up for it, I really really need people. Post here and let me know. A simple example item might help me decide if I like your style or not, as well. Thanks. Smile
Thanked by:
I'd like to redirect you to pixelation.wayofthepixel.net

[Image: 2014-11-19_1823.png]
Thanked by:
That is also a shit price cut, and offer.
"If I can be bothered to finish it I might give you $1"
Basically.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
No, not really. The disclaimer is there with the intent of preventing someone from going "You lied! *sued*" just IN CASE.

And obviously if the finishing product is what I hope, I'll try to make as much off of it as possible... The more the game makes, the more they get paid. It just kind of depends. I can't promise $500 when I don't really know.

If you're the type of person that prefers a definite price, that's fine by me, go your way. But I still think this deal would appeal to some people who may not be expecting a large pay... (not to say it's not still possible)
Thanked by:
No, but what you're asking is I assume a good 100 items, at least 25 pets + animations and so on. The request is for a lot - and thus they are expected to get a lot from it.
On top of that, they have no idea who you are, if you are at all reliable, and hell, if you even know HOW to make the game.

You can't offer people money you do not yet have for a service they can already do. It'd be the same as walking into Burger King and buying an expensive meal and telling them that you'll pay them when you have the money.
It ain't gonna happen.

You need to have an initial start up revenue to take funds from. You have to be able to rely on yourself to make money from the project, so that the money you spent that was your own to begin with, doesn't go to waste after having spent it on somebody's service. (Similar to ordering the right size meal from burger king and not having to throw half of it away)

Make sense?
We could run away
When there's no Mondays

Thanked by:
I just see it as a request, and thats also what it is. Rolleyes
Dazz Wrote:I might be awesome, but I'm not super human.

[Image: xs28iqty.png]
Click here to level up my card!
Thanked by:
Ok fine, I don't care. Consider it a request. If someone's willing to help they can. If they aren't then I'll find someone somewhere else. The point of whether or not I should offer payment is irrelevant. Now excuse me if I'm wrong, but I do believe this is the 'project forum' and there's no declaration that there must be payment. Hence this is a valid project...
Quote:No, but what you're asking is I assume a good 100 items, at least 25 pets + animations and so on. The request is for a lot - and thus they are expected to get a lot from it.
I know it's a lot, hence why I'm trying to get multiple people. Which is also the only reason I posted it here, I should've known all I would get is a few complaints and no actual help...
Quote:On top of that, they have no idea who you are, if you are at all reliable, and hell, if you even know HOW to make the game.
Point taken, but if they really cared they could PM me and I could easily prove it.
Thanked by:
Well if this is a request, then I have to close it, because we don't allow requests here... You really put yourself into a hole there.
We could run away
When there's no Mondays

Thanked by:
The thing is (from what I've gathered, I haven't actually read the rules. If I've broken'em, somebody let me know), you really need to have some work already finished on the "project" before you can actually call it a project; and I mean work that you can display examples of. Until then, I think this is a request, but it's not for me to decide.
Thanked by:
Shiraku is pretty right. You can call it a project if you're reknown for your work, like Smithy and Drshnaps, without having done anything yet. Or if you intend to do all the work yourself.
We could run away
When there's no Mondays

Thanked by:
Examples:
[Image: BlueNezo.png][Image: OrangeBalloon.png]

But hey... Close if you want, doesn't matter to me. It really doesn't look like anyone's interested.
Thanked by:
Those aren't examples, those are 5 minute MS Paint jobs. Examples are things you actually plan on using. If you don't plan on making any sprites, then show us an example of the game itself with temporary graphics.
Thanked by: