Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[FANGAME][IN DEVELOPMENT][SCRAPPED] - Zelda Untitled Game.
Info:
Title:None Yet
Resolution: 320 X 240(The Demo, new on it's a little bigger)
Dev Tool: Game Maker 6.1?...or 6.0
Style: GB

Information:
A Zelda Game I was working on for some time, I'm trying to finish it now.
I don't have much Info at the moment, other than the Engine it's almost complete and I just need a story and design levels/maps.(I'll fix the sprite mix later)
Also, seeing how many people complained about the sprites in other forums I decided to work with the original sprites instead of my edits, so the sprites will change.

Screenshots
[Image: newpicvu0.png]

Demo
I used that "Vista converter" program.
TRY NOW
It's just a simple TEST to show that I'm working on it.
Controls:
File Menu:
Z=NO/Cancel
X=Yes/Accept
NOTE:I'm working on the menu's sprite and design, but it works so far.
GAME:
Enter=Open menu
Z=Use Sword
X=Action button?(roll, crawl, grab,etc)
A & S=Items
D=Shield
MENU CONTROLS:
Z=Set/Pick Sword
X=Save
C=Previous Menu Screen
V=Next Menu Screen
A & S=Set/Pick Item
I don't think I'm forgetting anything...maybe I did.
ON Game press 8 and 9 to test some TEST shields.
There is an Item in the demo and an item upgrade, as I mentioned it will seem(be) useless since it's a TEST of Link's movement & Menu.
Thanked by:
Tiny screen, godawful music, crawl is glitchy, there's nothing to do other than fight the one octorock... Sword isn't set to Z from the beginning, no means of moving faster, and sprite mixing.

Give us a dungeon. How about? Or if there is one, make it a bit easier to find.

Thanked by:
I have a story ok Ganondorf wants the triforce so he uses a power source from the three devils Okinay (O kin A) Bokonga (Bow kon gay) and kamuri (Koo more way), known as the anti triforce a a picth black power source but zelda knows if the two triforces come together they will destroy each other so she has the new link begin his journey to finally end ganondorfs reign without telling him the sacrifice.
Thanked by:
(11-17-2008, 05:00 PM)megazario Wrote: I have a story ok Ganond orf ant s the triforce so he uses a power source from the three devils Okinay (O kin A) Bokonga (Bow kon gay) and kamuri (Koo more way) known as the anti triforce a a picth black powersource but zelda knos if the two triforces come together they will dettroy each other so she has the new link begin his journey to finallyend ganondorfs reign without telling him the sacrifice.

I understood very little of that, and what I did understand was shit.
Thanked by:
(11-17-2008, 05:00 PM)megazario Wrote: I have a story.

Okay, Ganondorf wants the Triforce, so he uses a power source from the three devils: Okinay (O kin A), Bokonga (Bow kon gah), and Kamuri (Kuh moor E). This power source is known as the Anti-Triforce. The Anti-Triforce is a pitch black power source, but Zelda knows if the two Triforces come together they will destroy each other. She has the new Link begin his journey to finally end Ganondorf's reign without telling him the sacrifice.

fixed

oh and what sacrifice
also they shouldn't destroy each other because without the triforce GD doesn't have the power he wants

also bad story but whatever
Okay: The two equip keys should be Z and X. A should be the Action key, or at least C.
Also don' make the music restart when entering a new room. Check the persistent box and it will stay on in the next room. Just remember to do an "if a sound is playing stop it and start a new sound" command when a new song will play in a new area.

I didn't play long enough to really figure anything else out.

Also, what's the point of crawling?
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
Okay, I played it again.

Here's my opinion:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfr8W7Hy_PY

Questions/Comments:
1. Why is that one tile on the house a different color?
2. What's that red box that comes up for a split second when Link climbs the ladder?
3. Again, what's crawling for?
4. Make the equip keys Z and X and arrange the "buttons" in the HUD in the same layout as the keyboard. I got confused trying to hit A and S to use items.
5. Make the "action" keys (actually, you only need one) be A and S.
6. Saves shouldn't work like save states and insta-load you back into the menu. Do like a real Zelda game and make only certain reload points, such as Link's house and dungeon entrances.
7. Items that Link picks up should be held over his head, not on top of it.
Thanked by:
(11-17-2008, 08:23 PM)Vipershark Wrote: Questions/Comments:
1. Why is that one tile on the house a different color?
2. What's that red box that comes up for a split second when Link climbs the ladder?
3. Again, what's crawling for?
4. Make the equip keys Z and X and arrange the "buttons" in the HUD in the same layout as the keyboard. I got confused trying to hit A and S to use items.
5. Make the "action" keys (actually, you only need one) be A and S.
6. Saves shouldn't work like save states and insta-load you back into the menu. Do like a real Zelda game and make only certain reload points, such as Link's house and dungeon entrances.
7. Items that Link picks up should be held over his head, not on top of it.
Sorry for posting such a Crappy ENGINE TEST.
1-Was testing the tileset and decided to leave it there for an unknown reason.
2-This was going to be in LTTP style and was working on some climbing sprites but since I didn't finish them and I wanted to test the climbing I decided to place a red square to make sure the sprite changed.
3-I'm pretty sure there was a place in the ENGINE TEST in which you could use it, if you can't figure it out then I guess I'll make answer it in the DEMO.
4-What?
5-Isn't that preference and not a problem?...I find it better this way tho...I'll see what I can do.
6-I'm working on ini save files, tho I thought about it and it was easy to edit the save files plus since I'm always adding and removing stuff I'll have to edit the codes for the save/load every minute so for now this will do.
7-Will do that, does the item appear on top of him? I don't think I coded this at all...not in this demo, or I did? pfft I forgot xD
(11-17-2008, 04:35 PM)Zee Wrote: 1-Tiny screen, 2-godawful music, 3-crawl is glitchy, 4-there's nothing to do other than fight the one octorock... 5-Sword isn't set to Z from the beginning, no means of moving faster, and 6-sprite mixing.

Give us a dungeon. How about? Or if there is one, make it a bit easier to find.
1-I thought the screen was a bit big for a GB Style game.
2-I know -.- I hate myself everytime I try the demo, why the F I picked that song?...I don't even know if it's from a zelda game lol
3-Working on this, the glitch is that you get stuck in places or something else it's wrong?
4-It was just to test Link's movement, I guess I should've done more than this and actually add a dungeon. But with no story I didn't have an idea for a dungeon.
5-You want me to set the sword to Z? it was a test...there is more than one sword and...I guess I just have to switch a value but I didn't know someone would want the sword to be set to Z.
6-I know, I mentioned it in the first post...I think.

So yeah, I apologize for the crappiness in this TEST and I won't post in this topic until I finish a GOOD DEMO or to answer any questions.
Thanked by:
Oh, and for the crawling northward sprites, make customs. You should only be seeing the back of link's head, not is face.

Same with the side views, except make it actually from the side.
Thanked by:
These are just to test, like the climbing.
I just copied and flipped the sprite...I'm working on the tileset now, I'll fix Link's sprite after the tiles.
Thanked by: