Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
16-bit CV2 Simon Belmont
I've started working on a 16-bit rendition of Simon Belmont's CV2 design. I've been using the structure of Richter and CV4 Simon as a guide. Nothing was edited.

Update: Added some some more contrast to the whipping and walking poses.
[Image: CustomSimonBelmontCV216-bitsprites4.png]

In animation:

[Image: Simonwhipping3.gif]
[Image: SimonWalking3.gif]
Thanked by:
Nice animation, but the sprite has some color issues, the darkest colors need more contrast (need to be darker), other than that it's pretty good...
Thanked by:
Alright, will this do?

[Image: CustomSimonBelmontCV216-bitsprites2.png]
Thanked by:
It seems all right to me, but I do believe the whip animation is supposed to be faster. But that's probably the interwebs slowing your gif down too much (happens to me).
God is good.  Big Grin

An old fart who sits on a chair, giving animation and pixeling advice,... and calls everyone son...
Thanked by:
It's the same amount of frames that Richter uses. Well, minus a frame, but the animation seems fine without it. The gif animator I'm using never seems to use the .1 second thing very good. Anyway, I'll get to work on the other poses now.
Thanked by:
I never had anything wrong with the amount of frames. :p

You're doing fine, don't worry.
God is good.  Big Grin

An old fart who sits on a chair, giving animation and pixeling advice,... and calls everyone son...
Thanked by:
ARGH

I hate it when people do the same projects as me before I can post them
I'm doing this exact same thing, but mine is more of a revamp project and stays closer to CV2 style.

Keep going though.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
The whip bends oddly. It wouldn't bend so sharply, it would curve.
Thanked by:
Okay, added some walking poses now.

[Image: Simonwalkingsprites.png]

[Image: SimonWalking.gif]

Took care of that bending whip too.
Thanked by:
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE...

It seems to me that the whip animation moves too slowly. Either it's the way you have the whip moving, or the speed of the animation, or something. I'm not really sure, because I haven't done much with animated sprites yet, but it looks too slow.

The walking animation looks really good. It's very smooth-looking and fits well with the motion of the character sprites in actual Castlevania games.

THE MORNING SUN HAS VANQUISHED THE HORRIBLE NIGHT...
Thanked by:
I think the problem with the whip is that there is no transition. At the end, have him pull it back. Usually people begin to pull it back before it is fully extended, so that should curb the unnaturalness of the final frame.
Thanked by:
Alright, how's this?

[Image: SimonWhipping2.gif]
Thanked by:
I don't see the difference.
Thanked by:
I can't have him pull it back though. None of the other whip wielding castlevania characters work that way.
Thanked by:
real cool so far, Im doing a Castlevania sheet for the Judgement Simon.

I'm thinking alot of people have simon on he brain.
[Image: scythezj6.png]
Its like a scythe and a chainsaw! But put together! Brilliant!
Thanked by: