Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Game Maker: Studio Pro Bundle
https://www.humblebundle.com/gamemaker-bundle

For $15 you get GM:S Pro, the HTML5 module, and all three Mobile modules.
The normal price of all of these is over $1000.

If you ever wanted to try your hand at developing games, this is a deal you absolutely should not pass up.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
I agree, I would highly recommend anyone that's even remotely interested in game development to get this. Even if you're not interested in the programming parts, Game Maker is really, really good for making prototypes without needing too much coding knowledge. And if you are a programmer, it's also just great for coding the full game.

Now I haven't personally used it (I'm gonna get this bundle myself), but I think I can vouch that it's pretty nice. Some people who may have used it ages ago (like me) might remember it being pretty terrible, but just from observation it seems to be much better. Hotline Miami, Gunpoint, Spelunky, Nuclear Throne, Undertale, etc. Even at a game jam I went to recently, a guy used it to make a pretty sweet shooter with insanely many sprites on-screen at once, which was both fun and impressive.
In addition, the fact that you get the source code of most of those games is also awesome. Looking at how full, playable games are put together can be invaluable, learning from example is one of the best ways to learn this stuff.

I know it sounds like I'm being paid to say this but I just want to kind of push the point Vipershark's making, it's an insanely good deal for something that's already worth its full price. And I also just get really pumped when I talk about gamedev Cute

TL;DR: you should get this because trust me i'm a programmer
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
games developed here never get finished to begin with, how is this gonna do anything for any of us

oh who am i kidding? with a deal this crazy we might have more people developan the game macker game to get things finished in a timothy manner B)
also how many computers can I install this on? do I have to buy multiple activations for multiple machines?

is there any way to crosslink this in the Other Creativity forum? y'know, for...the sake of exposure?
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:
I'm having my friend get it for me, since I can't access my PayPal account (I have to get a verification code via mobile and... well... I don't have one).

I was very hesitant to get it at first, since I'm at a very low point when it comes game making. However, I don't know how I'll be in the future. When I feel the urge to dedicate myself to making a game, I'll at least have the tools. Well, those that don't fuck me in the end with a massive watermark in the final product.
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Thanked by:
Totally getting this as soon as my first full paycheck drops. I used GameMaker... WAAAAAY back in the day when it was still shareware. Can't wait to use it again now that the full package is so cheap.
[Image: 76561198119420747.png]
Thanked by:
I'm more used to Multimedia Fusion and Games Factory, but this deal is too good to pass up.
Thanked by: miyabi95_
Aaaaaaaahhhh! Thanks for letting me know about this, I was looking to get those modules for a long while now, but they're like, hundreds of dollars normally. Now I can actually make some simple smartphone games and start building a reputation! Thaaaaaaaaaank you~

EDIT: Can't redeem shit right now; I think they're getting swamped (Yoyo Games). Trying to make an account on the main site, but keep getting sent to an error page.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by: Kriven
Just wanted to give a little update on this. The site seems more stable now, and I was finally able to redeem the codes, but it seems there's some additional waiting to be had, as they have to email you the licenses later. But you do need to have an account on Yoyo Games, and then you should be able to see a redeeming section for the bundle on the site.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by: Skyla Doragono
I got the full bundle yesterday. I really want to test out the HTML5 export feature.
[Image: Vb8vjwW.png][Image: uIrDfRP.png][Image: Jd3PZ8y.png][Image: BvmA5Pf.png][Image: 6L4ceD0.png][Image: LAKfOPp.png][Image: 10CGjip.png][Image: gEIdmj2.png]
Thanked by:
I had already paid for some of this but I could not ignore paying only $15 for the Android module, which is usually $200 on its own! I also now have a computer license of GM (previously used steam) so that's great.
Thanked by: puggsoy