Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Transformers: Devastation ripping help
I'm trying to rip models from that new Transformers game developed by Platinum Games. Fortunately, it uses a similar format to Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and Legend of Korra, but I can't seem to find a working importer/ripper for the .wmb file that is produced from the .dat extraction. Mystie helped me a bit with extracting it for the most part, now I just need to figure out how to get the models ripped with their rigging and weights in-tact.

I've included some samples in case that'll help. Thanks! Smile
[Image: 76561197999597301.png]
Thanked by:
(10-07-2015, 12:58 PM)The Prawn Wrote: I'm trying to rip models from that new Transformers game developed by Platinum Games. Fortunately, it uses a similar format to Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and Legend of Korra, but I can't seem to find a working importer/ripper for the .wmb file that is produced from the .dat extraction. Mystie helped me a bit with extracting it for the most part, now I just need to figure out how to get the models ripped with their rigging and weights in-tact.

I've included some samples in case that'll help. Thanks! Smile

Samples? I think you forgot to link them...

Thanked by:
Oh! Whoops! Didn't realize the attachment feature didn't actually work...

https://www.mediafire.com/?jswh876qhbkiwkc Here they are! Smile
Thanked by:
I just started working on it as well.  I got the models and the bones extracted but not the textures.  Luckily the UV maps were intact.  I used Noesis to unpack the .CPK and to show the model and mgrrtools for extraction to .wmb and then .dae and then put it into Blender.  Here is Nemesis Prime.  I used the UV maps to make my own textures but would love the official textures.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by: trevorjay54
You forgot to include the DTT file, that should have the textures.
Thanked by:
Thanks, I got them now.  There are a lot of images for these models.  Considering the alt mode and robot are in the same .wmb file, i can understand that.

Thanked by:
Well, I've managed to rip the models, finally! Big Grin  
[Image: Grimrender_zpsmwgs4s5z.png]

Now I'd like to know if there's an easier way to assign the textures used by the model, and to flip the normals correctly. As you can see, this would be a nightmare to set up manually... Sick

EDIT: I'm using 3ds Max 2010, by the way.
Thanked by:
I'm having trouble with messed up meshes such as Devastator and Menasor not having legs and some models are messed up. I'm guessing it will require a new plugin as the Korra one will only go so far.
Thanked by:
(10-07-2015, 11:24 PM)Trikeboy Wrote: I just started working on it as well.  I got the models and the bones extracted but not the textures.  Luckily the UV maps were intact.  I used Noesis to unpack the .CPK and to show the model and mgrrtools for extraction to .wmb and then .dae and then put it into Blender.  Here is Nemesis Prime.  I used the UV maps to make my own textures but would love the official textures.

I'll admit i like your own texture better than the in-game one. It would look really good if there was a shell/outline around it.

Thanked by:
Wait, how did you find Mystie? She hasn't been online for 3 months!
Also link to mgrrtools? The link on the wiki is broken, and I don't like where Google wants to take me... trying to take me to some shady-looking websites!
Some guy who just lurks this place nowadays.
Thanked by:
IF any of you could Rip Some of the weapon models i would be happy (i'm kinda after the dark star saber and the Normal star saber in the form of .dae files and if atall pos the blades not attached to the hilts (its for something called second life) i plan to use them in my home by mounting them on the wall (if the blades are not attached i can make them glow like in the game lol)
Thanked by:
(10-18-2015, 11:36 AM)MasaruIsamu Wrote: IF any of you could Rip Some of the weapon models i would be happy (i'm kinda after the dark star saber and the Normal star saber in the form of .dae files and if atall pos the blades not attached to the hilts (its for something called second life) i plan to use them in my home by mounting them on the wall (if the blades are not attached i can make them glow like in the game lol)

I have some weapons in the queue waiting to get approved but not the sabers. I have found the Star Saber though.
Thanked by:
To answer your query, the blade is separate from the hilt so it should be fine for what you want it to do.

Same with the Dark Saber

Thanked by:
The swords are in the review stage. Lets hope they pass.
Thanked by:
I just use Ninja Ripper. It doesn't give me any problems.
Thanked by: