Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
My First Ever Pixel Art
it's a me mario
it's my first. tell me what u think

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by: lu9
Almost every part of Mario's head (especially the nose and hat) is out of proportion. Make sure to use a reference.
Other things :
-There's very little contrast between the shades you used.
-The "M" on his cap looks drawn and is a lot bigger than it should be.
-People's mouths aren't at the very bottom of the head.

The eyes look nice also, but out of style from what we see in the games (but that's ok).
c e r t i f i e d   m e m e l o r d .
>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM0jv_z...IciomDGEmQ << you should check this out
Thanked by:
(07-08-2015, 05:10 PM)Quirby64 Wrote: Almost every part of Mario's head (especially the nose and hat) is out of proportion. Make sure to use a reference.
Other things :
-There's very little contrast between the shades you used.
-The "M" on his cap looks drawn and is a lot bigger than it should be.
-People's mouths aren't at the very bottom of the head.

The eyes look nice also, but out of style from what we see in the games (but that's ok).

yea i know but as time goes on i'll learn to do it better next time.
thanks

hows this?

Thanked by:
yeah um, as you said, time goes on and youll learn. explain me this: how will you get learn if you pass on that excuse whenever someone tries to help you learn?
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
Thanked by:
(07-09-2015, 05:47 PM)recme Wrote: yeah um, as you said, time goes on and youll learn. explain me this: how will you get learn if you pass on that excuse whenever someone tries to help you learn?

no no no im letting him help me learn. im trying to right now! i know it seems that im making a excuse. but im not

oops forgot eyebrow
Thanked by:
I'd suggest making a bigger sprite. It's easier to fill in details that way.

[Image: 2014-11-19_1823.png]
Thanked by:
You forgot Mario's mustache in that last sprite. Also, checking it in Gimp, you have both jagged lines and pillowshading going on. 
The proportions, besides the hat, are looking better.
c e r t i f i e d   m e m e l o r d .
>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM0jv_z...IciomDGEmQ << you should check this out
Thanked by:
Bigger sprite...? It's already really big. I think you didn't realize that you need to click the thumbnail to enlarge it!
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
Thanked by: Garamonde