Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ian's Resource Ideas
These are some Resource Ideas that I came up with in case if the VG Resource should expand some more:

VG Font Resource: Where we can upload/download all sorts of fonts that were used in various video games. Smile

VG Music Resource: Where we can upload/download all sorts of music tracks that were used in various video games. I know there are other VG Music websites where you can do that, but if the VG Resource made one, it would somehow raise their popularity up. Smile 
Thanked by:
I don't know if the Font Resource is a good idea or not, but I can directly link you to a topic that explains why the Music Resource is never going to happen.

http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-26256.html
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:
Issue with fonts is that they're not necessarily owned by the game that uses them. They could just as easily be licensed by the company.
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by: E-Man, SmithyGCN, ~Axis~
(03-04-2015, 04:43 PM)psychospacecow Wrote: Issue with fonts is that they're not necessarily owned by the game that uses them. They could just as easily be licensed by the company.

Yeah - you know PopHappiness? That really cool, fun font you see used in-game throughout Mario Galaxy and Sunshine? Everyone's favorite playful font?

http://fontworks.co.jp/font/catch/pophappiness/EB.html

Yeah, that one! It's so cool and so fun! =)

It's also $1000 to purchase the font and another good chunk to license the font for public usage! Yay, fonts!

In short, the only way to run the site LEGALLY would be to point people in the direction as to where to find the font.

Now, as cool as it would be, I'm not Dazz (wearing a blue bucket hat does not make me Dazz, either. Tried it, didn't work) but I'd think that if he wanted to provide a service like that, he'd want to keep the item readily available for public consumption - not just host an image and then link to where they could find the font elsewhere :/

and music?

uh. lol

It's OK for us to pull out the samples from the game...the actual compositions for the game in their entirety is another issue. :/
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!