Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The trouble with ads
Ever since the forum reboot, would it be okay if I were to revive this thread? I thought I wouldn't have to deal with redirection ads anymore, but I just encountered this one just recently.

http://om.forgeofempires.com/foe/nl/?ref...l_param=NL
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by: psychospacecow
Dating site ads are becoming a big annoyance lately. Mostly about cougars, Asian and Russian women.
Same deal with health and diet ads. Getting sick of seeing that toe nail treatment one.
At least i haven't seen those disgusting "eat this never diet again" ads.

As for redirect ads. I haven't encountered one, but this is a problem with ads on Deviantart. Doesn't help when the pages repeatedly refresh them.
[Image: sonamy_animtitle_by_retrobunyip-dbg86ov.gif]
Thanked by: E-Man, eureka
Yeah, in that regard, DA is extremely bad about that. I don't even trust that web site because the ads might have malware on them.

Speaking of ads, I just got another redirect ad.

http://www.thefreecamsecret.com/ap/?DF=0...9&sanp=adc

Considering how long it has been since the last time I got one, I was thinking that the problem has been resolved at last.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

Thanked by:
Unfortunately, we have no ability to prevent those kinds of ads from sneaking in. The ad networks do their best to stop them but every once in a while, one sneaks through. All we can do is continue to report them as they pop up and hopefully take care of them quickly and before they annoy too many people.
Thanked by:
When viewing the full size of a sheet, ads are fixed when scrolling:

I'm not sure if it's intentional, but I thought to mention it in case it isn't.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
Ah, I know why; we had them fixed along with the header, but this would likely be different on resolution. We'll need to adjust that now.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
I don't know if this is the kind of ad to report, but it bothers me due to the gore content of it.

(Note: if you can't see the ad correctly, just ask and I'll better show it to you.)

I know that some people are not a fan of the minions of Despicable Me, but this kind of torture is very disturbing.

Thanked by: SmithyGCN
Just use Adblock! Type in Adblock in the Crome Store And Find Adblock Plus Then Intall it
Thanked by:
I'm constantly getting redirected to a fake java update page...

I included the link to the redirect ad here:
Thanked by: eureka
Thanks for the report. We'll look into this as soon as possible because these kinds of ads are particularly disgraceful.
Thanked by: Mr. Jam, eureka
(08-05-2014, 03:08 AM)Dazz Wrote: Ah, I know why; we had them fixed along with the header, but this would likely be different on resolution. We'll need to adjust that now.

I'd just to like to mention that this is still happening.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
(08-17-2014, 07:09 PM)puggsoy Wrote: I'd just to like to mention that this is still happening.

And will for a while, I'm afraid. Unfortunately, our only course of action is to report malicious ads to the publisher. Then, it's up to them to remove the ad in question from the rotation, a process that is not instantaneous.
Thanked by:
I was actually referring to Dazz's reply about ads in the banner scrolling along with the screen when viewing sheets in full view. He said the place just needed adjusting, something I expect wouldn't require contacting the ad publisher (although correct me if I'm wrong).
Thanked by:
Oops, I completely missed that quite when replying and also entirely forgot about that issue. We'll take care of it.
Thanked by: puggsoy
Here's a new one. Just recently, I am gettign this ad at the bottom of my page.

It isn't offensive, but it is a little annoying (especially when I mouse over it and more windows from the ad appear).

Thanked by: