Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat of Sprites
Old thread for anyone who cares.

This is where I show off my sprite rips! Feel free to give suggestions, point out faults, or just say how awesome you think they are Wink You can view every sheet I've ever submitted right here.

Hope you enjoy my rips!
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: redblueyellow
I request that you rip every Mario animation from Mario and Luigi: Dream Team.
Thanked by: puggsoy, redblueyellow
Sorry, haven't played that yet. I'll rip it once I have though, my phone's camera is pretty high-res so they should be acceptable.

(Seriously though, once it's possible (and I've played it) will try and do that. I still have to finish Mario Battle from BiS though.)
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Dazz
TV Guy [Miscellaneous], Balloon [Miscellaneous] - 6/07/2014

TV Guy
TV Guy
Balloon
Balloon

The Neverhood (PC/Computer)

Here's some more. I don't think TV Guy has an official name but that should be good enough.

By the way, I'm putting everything in Miscellaneous because I can't really do much categorisation, pretty much everything in this game is random and there aren't enough similar sprites to deserve their own section. Klaymen will go in Playable Character and I might have an Environment section but that's probably it.
Symbols [Miscellaneous] - 7/07/2014

Symbols
Symbols

This is all today because it's 1:20am. I'll try do more tomorrow.
Thanked by: redblueyellow, Shade
Projector [Miscellaneous], Weasel [Miscellaneous], TNT Dummy [Miscellaneous] - 8/07/2014

Projector
Projector
Weasel
Weasel
TNT Dummy
TNT Dummy

That TNT Dummy was tedious. The first animation has 49 frames and the others only have 3 and 5, so I had to cut it up into lots of smaller chunks. Then I also had to put those little lines next to them to show it's the same animation. It looks very nice now though.
I love these Neverhood graphics -- I really need to take the time to sit down and play it. Ouch!
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: puggsoy
Can Neverhood be played on a newer computer? Because I've been interested in playing it for years now, ever since I heard "The Operator Plays a Little Ping-Pong".
Fortunately yes! I've got Windows 8.1 and I can run it just fine (a little slow but my laptop it pretty weak). If you've got Windows XP or lower it should suffice to run it in Windows 95 compatibility mode, but for newer versions you should follow the instructions here.
You could also give The Neverhood Restoration Project a shot, although it's a bit confusing and might not work.

Either way you'll need a copy of the game. It's nigh impossible to get a physical copy, and personally I don't see anything wrong with getting a pirated copy (it's super old and any copies you can find will be second-hand). Feel free to PM me if you need assistance.

You might also want to take a look at Armikrog. It's a new claymation game by the same creators (but without the help of a commercial publisher this time), and although it isn't out yet it looks very very promising. Once it is then buying it would also be a great way to support the developers if you got a pirated version of The Neverhood.
And don't worry, I'll be sure to rip the hell out of it Wink
Thanked by: Mystie, Garamonde
Thanks! I'll look into it sometime.
Letters [Miscellaneous], Credits [Miscellaneous] - 9/07/2014

Letters
Letters
Credits
Credits

These were fairly easy since they're just static, not animations. I love the sketches on the credits images Smile

The Letters sheet is technically incomplete, but the missing sprite (a K that appears at the top of the red letters) is extracted with a junk palette. A lot of extracted sprites are given junk palettes, I remember talking to the guy who made the extractor and apparently some sprites are dynamically assigned palettes during runtime, so you can't know what they are when extracting from the files. I plan to try to find a way around this once I have the time, but for now I'm sure this is fine.

I'm also now in the top 50 submitters (as can be seen here), which feels pretty cool. I'm at the bottom right now but I should climb up a bit soon enough.
Welcome to the top 50, pal. Big Grin
(07-09-2014, 07:47 AM)puggsoy Wrote: I'm also now in the top 50 submitters (as can be seen here), which feels pretty cool. I'm at the bottom right now but I should climb up a bit soon enough.

You're in the big leagues now, puggsoy. Wink
[Image: WwmoM3d.png]
Currently working on: working and wedding planning
Mouse Puzzle [Miscellaneous] - 13/7/2014

Mouse Puzzle
Mouse Puzzle

That's all today, I'll try get more done tomorrow.
Thanked by:
Thanked by: