Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Punch Out!! Super Punch Out Style
Smile 
Punch Out(Arcade) and Mike Tyson's Punch Out!! SNES Style Project

Info

The Punch Out(Arcade) and Mike Tyson's Punch Out!! SNES style Project is about remaking the boxers and Little Mac into the SNES game, Super Punch Out!!

About the Style

Basically, it's the boxers and player in Super Punch Out style. Known palette swaps like Super Macho Man/Soda Popinski/ Masked Muscle are helpful to use

Sprites

Punch Out and Super Punch Out(Arcade)

.Arcade Boxer

.Glass Joe

.Piston Hurricane (Arcade style)

.Kid Quick

.Pizza Pasta

.Soda Popinski/ Vodka Drunkenski

.Great Tiger (Arcade Style)

Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!/ Punch Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream/ Punch Out (Wii)

.Little Mac

.Doc Louis

.Von Kaiser

.Disco Kid

.King Hippo

.Piston Honda

.Great Tiger (NES/ Wii Style)

.Don Flamenco

.Aran Ryan (Wii style)

.Donkey Kong

.Mike Tyson

.Mr. Dream

.Possibly the title defense version of the boxers

------------------------------------------------------------
And for starters, this is my Arcade Boxer in WIP to show an slight example here: http://s31.photobucket.com/user/thomasga...b.png.html

If you wanna contribute the project, you're free to do so!Smile
Thanked by:
It's good to have an awesome project idea. It's bad that you haven't done any of the work yourself and expect others to just start contributing.
God is good.  Big Grin

An old fart who sits on a chair, giving animation and pixeling advice,... and calls everyone son...
(06-27-2014, 10:44 PM)SmithyGCN Wrote: It's good to have an awesome project idea. It's bad that you haven't done any of the work yourself and expect others to just start contributing.

I was thinking of doing some work. Plus, I'm starting the Arcade boxer from the arcade games. But thanks anyway
Thanked by:
Try to have something to show before you post a thread about the content you want to make... You wouldn't go to an art gallery and see a wall of "pending".
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
(06-28-2014, 10:03 AM)Dazz Wrote: Try to have something to show before you post a thread about the content you want to make... You wouldn't go to an art gallery and see a wall of "pending".

I do. I even have a sprite sheet in WIP of the boxer in the arcade:
http://s31.photobucket.com/user/thomasga...sort=3&o=0

I just don't know how to show it as a picture here

Ok. To show that I'm doing work on the project, I'm posting my edited sprite sheet of The Arcade Boxer from Punch Out!!(Arcade) and Super Punch Out!!(Arcade) thats in WIP:
[Image: 13031_zps97305c6b.png]

Please share what do you think about it so far
Thanked by:
It's a very minor edit, with very little difference. Not much to comment on - it looks like you took the hair away and changed the colours.

Try to apply yourself - don't just make cheap edits to an existing sprite. Try to actually put some of your own work into it, instead of using somebody else's.

edit: For everyone's benefit, this is the original sheet:
[Image: 13031.png]
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
(06-28-2014, 11:04 AM)Dazz Wrote: It's a very minor edit, with very little difference. Not much to comment on - it looks like you took the hair away and changed the colours.

Try to apply yourself - don't just make cheap edits to an existing sprite. Try to actually put some of your own work into it, instead of using somebody else's.

edit: For everyone's benefit, this is the original sheet:
[Image: 13031.png]

that's why I said it's a WIP. I"m going to add the "wire effect".
Thanked by:
[Image: EoUoHWa.png]

I failed miserably at Glass Joe. I'm fairly bad at spriting in existing styles, but I'll leave it here in case anyone wants to have a stab at editing it.
[Image: sig.gif]
(06-28-2014, 02:00 PM)Paladin Wrote: [Image: EoUoHWa.png]

I failed miserably at Glass Joe. I'm fairly bad at spriting in existing styles, but I'll leave it here in case anyone wants to have a stab at editing it.

no the head is good. you can just add it to Gabby Jay's body if you want too.
Thanked by:
(06-28-2014, 02:00 PM)Paladin Wrote: [Image: EoUoHWa.png]

Do you mean... if somebody wants to take a JAB at editing it? Smug
get it? because boxing
(06-28-2014, 06:43 PM)TGCF Wrote: no the head is good. you can just add it to Gabby Jay's body if you want too.
I think you missed the point of Dazz's post...
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B]
(06-28-2014, 07:46 PM)ShadeDBZ Wrote:
(06-28-2014, 06:43 PM)TGCF Wrote: no the head is good. you can just add it to Gabby Jay's body if you want too.
I think you missed the point of Dazz's post...

Right. I'm sorry.....
Thanked by:
Heres an Update on the project.

I updated the Arcade Boxer to look like his appearance in the game:
[Image: Untitled_zpsd30b6640.png]

I gave him his ruffled hair and added the yellow stripes shown when he wins the Heavyweight belt:
[Image: Untitled_zpsee8f6b7a.png]

The other sprite is Glass Joe. Paladin made his own. So I edited it:
[Image: GlassJoe_zpsc8728ff0.png]

So please tell your opinions about them. Cute
Thanked by: Paladin
Okay, this has been said before, but it is very important when making Punch-Out stuff.

You should really make the sprites from scratch instead of editing, because all the characters have their own personalities and moves. If you edit other sprites, they'll just end up being the same character as the one you edited.
[Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: E-Man, Virt, Chris2Balls [:B]
(06-29-2014, 10:36 AM)Paladin Wrote: Okay, this has been said before, but it is very important when making Punch-Out stuff.

You should really make the sprites from scratch instead of editing, because all the characters have their own personalities and moves. If you edit other sprites, they'll just end up being the same character as the one you edited.

I know what you're trying to say, but doesn't Gabby Jay and Glass Joe play the same? And aren't almost everyone pallete swaps of each other? I am going to add their own moves when the project gets bigger.
Thanked by: