Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
I found a thing and was wondering if it was legit
[Image: hA68BD4A7]
This was on http://geek.cheezburger.com/pokememes/.
Just honestly, I was wondering if this would be real or not, seeing as I am not really knowledgeable in this field.
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by:
It's not too hard to believe.
If you can rip and convert the 3d models (or acquire them another way), then you can print them from a 3d printer.

Though if you're asking if the link to the purportedly ripped models itself is legit, I wouldn't really know; you'd probably have to do more digging to find the source and read comments on it or something.
Thanked by: Maxpphire
The poster was answering questions and he said words I don't understand so I guess that's something.
http://cheezburger.com/7976058624

"Well, actually guys, it was a somewhat modified version of gzip compression that was used to 'house' the files. I needed to know the Japanese names of pokémon in order to spot regularly occurring patterns which could be matched up to names and fed into an algorithm which can figure out the file system, given enough data repeated multiple times. I'm not a mathmaticion, though, and the algorithm is where the real intelligence is at (i.e. I don't understand it fully).,"

Went on the website and my virus scanner didn't flip.

4861 downloads, don't know if that's files or people.

Its apparently from Pokepark.

[Image: nyQQDfR.png]

The model was there for Exeggutor and its textures.
Could the site use these?
Thanked by:
(01-02-2014, 02:15 AM)psychospacecow Wrote: Its apparently from Pokepark.
Some of them are, most of them aren't. Exeggutor for example isn't from PokéPark, it never appeared in that game.

As for those models, we can't just simply take them and re-upload them to tSR, they're not our rips.
Thanked by: puggsoy
Fair enough, I was honestly curious about this after I read about it and figured you guys would want to know.
Thanked by: