Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
SHE WANTS THE 3D
This thread is for aspiring or seasoned modellers who want to help each other. I've noticed that people have interest in making 3D stuff so why not making a place for us? I hope to be a good role model in this thread.

(HEH)

I am getting used to modelling, I made a small teapot Smile

[Image: 51d374c8804735d8ebefd8082a1eac03.png]

I also attempted texturing: I made a 64x64 UV texture map and pasted them onto the surfaces. But I have come into a problem: how do I make the textures sharp-looking (no blur)? And how do I remove that faint pink line between the faces seeing that i selected the correct area? The handle is all weird also, idk how to fix that.

[Image: 418f3ae82ef33ba4b2ed86e657e06829.png]

(I half-assed the tile placements after a while oooops)
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
How did you even learn so quickly, it isn't fair.
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
Thanked by: Baegal, SchAlternate
Gors, what program are you using?

I'm all for this--I've been dying to learn 3d but haven't really had any motivation to get started. Maybe this is it!
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by: Iceman404, recme
looks like blender
Thanked by:
It looks like he's using Blender, which I cannot grasp at all.

Pug, pug why

(12-01-2013, 08:24 AM)Gors Wrote: HEY HEY NIGGAS

Guess who just tried Blender!

[Image: a2ade5040c69abcdbab03750faf98284.png]

So far so good, I ran into many problems but finally i have the basic shape!!

Also, looking back at this, it makes me imagine how easy a TSR Smash-Bros-like fighter would be in this, but the other fighter isn't done yet first, so... Again, just imagining, heh.
Thanked by: recme
[Image: dual_optical_rifle_by_goldfisharmada-d645oz6.jpg]

I've messed with wings 3d and rendered in Kerkythea. Past that, I'm kind of a potato on the subject.
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by:
(12-01-2013, 02:07 PM)Gors Wrote: But I have come into a problem: how do I make the textures sharp-looking (no blur)?

Change your filtering method to Point instead of Bilinear or Trilinear. That makes the individual pixels show up.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
(12-01-2013, 03:21 PM)Iceman404 Wrote: Also, looking back at this, it makes me imagine how easy a TSR Smash-Bros-like fighter would be in this, but the other fighter isn't done yet first, so... Again, just imagining, heh.

Well considering how you could use Brawl's engine and port the models over the skeletons, use PSA, and other homebrew shenanigans it would be a lot easier than trying to develop a fighting engine and what not. Or in my case, it would be. But anywhooo
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
i love how this thread welcomes people to learn! i feel as if there should be a similar thread for programming as well. because frankly, id love to learn how to model and program at the same time! ^v^
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
Thanked by: psychospacecow, Baegal
STOP TALKING ABOUT FUTURE PLANS OKAY
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: Iceman404, recme
Viper is mad because Recolorme knows telepathy.

Day 01 of learning blender:
" I opened the program only to find most complex graphics interface have ever witnessed in all my years. Impatiently shuffling around options, I had no idea of where to start or what to do with this random cube presented before me. I click any option I see, hoping for it to do something, a tool that would aid me in my quest to become the greatest there ever was in the small world of lowpoly modelling. With haste I used this mysterious tool on open air in this empty canvas. Click! It makes a black point. Another click, and it draws a black line cross the dark 3d world. These two points that made a line cause a lightbulb to go off in my noggin, if connect these points into a triangle, what will happen? Will have created my first polygon? This was the moment of truth, the grand escape, the initiation to begin my three dimensional journey into the unknown! If I could figure out this complex puzzle of matching a triangle of these three verticies, I could accomplish my very first task and benefit from pure satisfactio-- oh it crashed. Fuck. I'll just try again tomorrow then, welp."

Elapsed time of using blender. 1:07
Progress 0%
Thanked by: Baegal
(12-01-2013, 10:22 PM)recolorking Wrote: i love how this thread welcomes people to learn! i feel as if there should be a similar thread for programming as well. because frankly, id love to learn how to model and program at the same time! ^v^

The gamedev thread is the closest analogue we have for now. Fairly sure plenty of folk there (myself included) would have no issue with helping people having troubles!
This guy's tutorials are a little old, and he uses an older version of blender (v. 2.4.9),
but his workflow is pretty easy to follow and he makes things easy to understand.
He doesn't go through everything blender has to offer, but show you pretty much
all of the basics you need for low-poly models, which should help as a stepping off point.

XenoStriker Lowpoly tuts

I forgot I'd researched this years ago and lacked enough interest in it to continue,
that's different now though

oh, id suggest you download the version he's working on if you plan on using these
tuts, as Blender's layout and controls have change considerably since the time these
were made. Several control methods and menus have changed
(not really for the better, imo)

You can find older versions of blender at the main site, the downloads page has an
option for older versions.
Thanked by:
Now, I'd just watch that for the basics, but get a newer version of blender. There's no reason to purposedly limit yourself, seeing that the rest of the people are keeping up with the progress.

I'll try modelling another thing soon, for practice.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Sevenstitch
Yes, I forgot to mention that in my last post, you really should try to apply these techniques in a modern version
of Blender, but fiddling around in the old version to get your bearings wouldn't hurt. Like I said, the old version
has a different (albeit an easier to understand) layout with different menus and controls, but getting familiar with
them might help you to find them in the newer versions.
[Image: 22610_s.gif]

Thanked by: Gors, Iceman404