Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Interesting or other facts you know?
My mom knows spiders are not insects but arachnids.

Facts I know:

X comes before Z in the alphabet.

Z comes after X in the alphabet.

Styx is not spelled alphabetically because
abcdefghijklmnopqrSTuvwXYz
X comes before Y in the alphabet.

Y comes after X in the alphabet.

Z comes after Y in the alphabet.

Y comes before Z in the alphabet.

Dr. Pepper is much healthier than Dr. Pepper Ten.

There is not one country on the entire planet that does not have tattooed women named Stephanie.

In all 50 states of North United States of America
there are tattooed women named Stephanie.

Zelda Williiams who is Robin Williams' daughter is named Zelda because of The Legend of Zelda.

Almost every single product that claims to be healthier for you than the original such as Lite, Diet etc. are actually much worse for you than the original.

84876C70 is a Pro Action Replay code
for Breath of Fire for Super Nintendo Entertainment System
that lets characters walk through walls and other things
but if used outside in game and you let go of directional pad, you will have to restart game because characters will keep moving until you reset or go into a fight and then turn off the code.

Blizzard Man is my most favorite
Mega Man VI for Nintendo Entertainment System
character.

Seth Gold is the only Hardcore Pawn show member where
the first and last name of such person
does not repeat one single letter.

Carrots are high in carbs.

People have won over 2000 dollars on Roulette before.

If you could fold a sheet of paper
5000 times that paper would go well beyond Planet Saturn.

Lisa Simpson is my most favorite character of the cartoon called
The Simpson's.

Blizzard Buffalo is my most favorite character in
Mega Man X3 for Super Nintendo Entertainment System.

If you stretched all of the DNA of all people who searched on the following 5 search engines
Yahoo
Google
Blekko
Bing
Ask
their DNA would stretch from the earth to alphi centauri
more than 13 times.

ROCKY V is my most favorite movie.

ROCKY IV is my least favorite ROCKY movie which I still like and also love and also enjoy very super much.

In GML (Game Maker Language) it is possible to do if relative properly with error, errors etc.

The word awesomest contains 9 characters of text.
An awesomest (best) maze game V at least in my opinion.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=00821057748349019634

Why Does Oil Fry And Why Does Water Boil?

Such a trivial question is often underlooked normally, but have you wondered why putting a potato on hot oil fries it, while putting it on hot water boils it?

This happens for two main factors: oil's boiling temperature and Maillard's Reaction.

The oil is stable even if you heat it at temperatures higher than 100º C. This means that less oil is evaporated, and thus the superficial contact between the oil and the potato is much higher than the moving, boiling water. The potato's moisture evaporates instantly in contact with hot oil, which causes the bubbling.

Finally, the Maillard's Reaction is a special reaction in which the starch of the potato combines with the carbon present in the hot oil's molecules, giving it the distinct golden coloration and the tasty flavor. In addition, this forms a crust around the potato, protecting from further water evaporation from the potato: what you get is a crusty exterior and a moist interior for your french fries. The Maillard's Reaction also happens when you roast meat. This is why you flour the chicken first to deep fry it: it maximizes the reaction, giving you crisp and tasty chicken wings.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
The Jackson 5 song "ABC" is actually named after the first three letters of the alphabet, and Michael Jackson reads these letters out multiple times throughout the song. It is how I learned that A comes at the start of the alphabet and C is the 3rd letter in the alphabet.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by: Maxpphire
articUNO zapDOS molTRES
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by: Phantom Killah
(11-29-2013, 10:48 AM)Dazz Wrote: The Jackson 5 song "ABC" is actually named after the first three letters of the alphabet, and Michael Jackson reads these letters out multiple times throughout the song. It is how I learned that A comes at the start of the alphabet and C is the 3rd letter in the alphabet.

Jokes aside, the first three letters in the alphabet, were derived from the ancient Phoenician alphabet. Interestingly, their alphabet didn't have all the vowels: they'd write the words with consonants and few vowels only, having to deduce the others by context.

The letter A in the phoenician alphabet is Aleph, meaning "bull". You can see that 'A' is a bull's head upside-down.
The letter B, Beth, means "house". It's been rotated 90º clockwise throughout the years to form the modern shape.
The letter C, Gimel, means "camel". It refers to the hump on its back.

Those and many other letters were imported to Greek, who added definite vowel letters to the mix, and Romans took it as a base to form the Latin Alphabet.

The word "Alphabet" is literally alpha+beta together. The same thing in Latin is "Abecedarium", a word formed with 'a+b+c+d' and 'arium', meaning 'place'.
Thanked by: Maxpphire, Kriven
Some English linguists disapprove of using Latin word roots along with Greek word roots, but so far no one is complaining about the words 'Television' or 'Microbus'.
Thanked by: Maxpphire, Zadaben
There are a few Yu-Gi-Oh! cards based on other series, like Goemon and Gradius.
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by:
The symbols in the playstation controller, O, X, triangle and square are drawn with one, two, three and four strokes respectively. Aside from the graphic order, the buttons were designed to attend 'default' actions, referenced by the shape:

the Circle is the main action button, used to select. In Japan, the circle shape is used to check the choosen/correct option.

the X is the secondary button, usually assigned to go back (In Japan, wrong or unaccepted options are marked with an X). For occidental countries, X is used to check the correct option so many localised games have the accept/back buttons reversed.

the triangle is placed on top of the controller, meaning 'point of view'. It was intended to be used as a camera option.

the square was intended to bring out a menu window, hence its shape.
so uh, debian linux. apparently it was named after his girlfriend (deb) and himself (ian). since, they got married, but now they're divorced. ):

and the releases apparently are named after toy story characters!!! O_O

previous release "sid" - the asshole kid who breaks toys and looks like a donkey kong character
current release "wheezy" - the penguin who's sold in the yard sale in toy story 2
future release "jessie" - after the cowgirl from the series

wowEE!! OoOSweatdrop

Pangoro is my most favorite new Pokemon from
the Pokemon X and Y video game set for the
Nintendo 3DS.

Hummus is my most favorite cracker spread.

Ritz Crackers are my most favorite buttered
cracker to eat various spreads on.

Windows 7 Professional is my most
favorite operating system.

Windows 8.1 Pro is my least favorite operating system which I still like and also love and also enjoy very super much.

[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:
Apparently you can do a mashup of 3 different songs and have it sound like it is god's gift to the world.

M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:
Most favorite facts which are mine include that every single or more games that I have gotten I have beat, including but not limited to Super Mario Bros. 3 (SMB3), Pokémon for GBA (Game Boy Advance), Hide and/or Seek, Russian Roulette
Thanked by: Virt, Vipershark
Egyptians used to drill holes into the heads of the sick to let out evil spirits.

Traditional Chinese Medicine, still used to this day, often involves the grind of dinosaur bone into powders, which supposedly will cure any ailment.

There is an achievement in Civilization 5 for using an inquisitor whilst being The Spanish.

There are no more WW1 veterans.
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by:
I enjoy facts, and the sharing of facts, which include and are not limited to:

-Facts that people may/may not know, or do not presently know
-Facts about insects or insect related facts, also facts about arachnids and insects
-Having facts being shared with me/others/myself or others
-Facts about Inkjet printer ink and printer ink usage and prices
-Other facts not mentioned here unrelated to previously mentioned facts and facts that are related to facts mentioned previously

Also here are facts about/related to Inkjet Cartridges and Inkjet printhead instructions/facts

[Image: 22610_s.gif]

Thanked by: puggsoy, Vipershark
The Pica Syndrome

The Pica syndrome is the urge of eating non-nutritious objects, such as rocks, metal pieces, dirt and even your own hair. This disorder is named after the bird pica, who eats pretty much any object it finds. The accumulus of such objects are named bezoars, and obviously, it can be extremely dangerous to your health, causing internal wounds and bleeding, leading to death if not treated.

The denomination 'bezoar' comes from the Arabic object of same name, which was a cluster of medicinal herbs and mineral powders, said to be a cure-all medicine. It was swallowed whole: thus the connection to harmful bezoars.

Additionally, a person who suffers from trychophagia (hair-eater) can have another disease, the Rapunzel Syndrome. This consists on a trychobezoar (a bezoar made from hair) that tangles inside your bowels, trapping anything you eat, and can extend to really long proportions, much like Rapunzel's hair. This happens because the hair is made up from chitin, a cheratinous and resistent substance that also makes up the nails on your hand and toes.

People who compulsively eat nails can be named onychophagous, and while they don't tangle in your stomach, you can accidentally carry the dirt below the nails, which can transmit enterobiasis or other diseases, not to say you can permanently damage your nails.
Thanked by: psychospacecow, Zadaben
Roman Numerals

The Romans had a really interesting to number stuff. As you already may know, they are written with the alphabet letters I, V, X, L, C, D and M. But they actually have more story behind them.

As a fact, none of the numbers started out as letters. Much like our tally marks, the I is just supposed to be a unit stroke, not the actual letter I. At every 5 strokes, a V symbol was written, which is just the combination of two strokes, not the letter V. And similarly, a cross marked every tenth.

The 50 symbol, L, was derived from the mix of I and V together, resulting in a drawing similar to \|/. It eventually lost the left slash, and the right slash became flat to easen writing on stones, giving out the familiar L shape.

100 was written as a cross with an I in the middle, >|<. The unusual shape was soon simplified to either > or <, and in the end the < survived, being roundened to form the C. Additionally, the C could stand for Latin 'centum', meaning hundred.

500 was written as a < or > with a V over it, forming something like D (stroked D). And finally 1000 was < or > with a cross in the middle, forming <x>. This was simplified greatly, forming the M shape. The Latin word 'mille' also means thousand.

Finally, those complicated rules of placing a letter before to subtract from the number at the right is a modern convention. There was no consensus on how you are supposed to write Roman Numerals, and therefore it is techinically correct to write IIII instead of the usual IV: both are correct. Some oldschool clocks use IIII instead of IV to improve readability and avoid confusion to the similar number, VI (6).

Additionally, the ancient thousand symbol <x> was smoothened by John Wallis to create the infinity symbol ∞ , because thousand was regarded as a huge quantity in ancient times, and is still used coloquially in modern times.
Thanked by: puggsoy