Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: DC vs. Marvel
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DC
40.00%
4 40.00%
Marvel
60.00%
6 60.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

COMIC WARS!
Ok, i've been arguing with my friends about DC vs. Marvel
I'm on the side of DC. What are your thoughts?

Visit the sister thread: CONSOLE WARS!
[Image: rHiHaRN.jpg]
Thanked by:
Marvel. Not only is Spider-Man my favourite superhero, but the X-Men and Hulk are also awesome.

DC heroes never really ticked for me. They're OK but stuff like Batman and the Green Arrow don't really seem all that "super", just resourceful. I admit this is also the case the Iron Man (although he did build the suit himself), who is possibly my least favourite Marvel hero. This isn't essentially a bad thing, but I just personally don't find it as interesting as other heroes who are either born with their powers, or obtain them through accidental (or sometimes intentional) chemical/biological means.
I am quite a fan of the Flash though, he's probably my favourite DC hero.

By the way, might I suggest adding a poll to this thread? Not necessary of course but it seems fit.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
i'd say marvel as well

i dunno it just seems from what i've read that they like to stray more the classic superhero scenario that DC reused plenty of times

and the way they add depth to their characters grows on me more
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
Thanked by: puggsoy
To be fair, I don't like either comic book company because I'm not big on guys running around in colored undies.

If I must choose, though, I would pick Marvel for the reason that the films based on the comics are usually a treat to watch.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:
Poll added! But how can you not like DC? Sure DC is fading, and there's the release of Thor The Dark World... but DC has left a big impact, and was first! Plus, Marvels not even its own company anymore! It was bought by Disney!
Thanked by:
I don't think which came first nor whether it's its own company matters. At least not for me. The heroes are what make the comics so that's what I base my opinion on.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
DC has Batman

[Image: vik4lh6.gif]

Thanked by: puggsoy, Phantom Killah
Geez, guys, it's "Spider-Man," not "Spiderman." Get your acts together

These things are important
pkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
I voted for Marvel because the only DC property I really care about is Batman and some cartoon stuff

I don't really follow comics that much, but I generally have a preference towards Marvel heroes, especially Spider-Man and the X-Men

Batman really is high up there though
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
DC has Batman so it's better by default (but it also has Superman so that takes it down a few points)

Marvel is better in pretty much everything else though (Spiderman, Iron Man, X-Men, not the fantastic four though)
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: Helmo, puggsoy, Maxpphire
Ok, so i do like Marvel. But not as much as DC. Fav is Superman. So i'm a little upset that you say Superman docks points. Plus DC just had Scribblenauts Unmasked. I also say that DC has more iconic people. DC: Superman, Batman, Wonder Wo-- well the members of Justice League, plus Aquaman, Cyborg, Green Arrow, Supergirl, all of Batman Inc. Marvel: Capt-- Ok the Avengers, Xavier, and sort of the Fantastic 4. And DC is a partner of WB. Although, with Marvel being owned by Disney, they would get more exposer... But I will say this, the Justice League would kick the Avengers butt! Like 500 members to 6!
Thanked by:
DC.
I find Superman to be the most overrated super hero ever, but as a whole DC has more that I like. Marvel is great too, there's no doubt about that.

Dark Horse Comics doe. Mmm~
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by: puggsoy, Maxpphire, Joxon
Superman is terrible because he's been so badly written for so long

If you really want I could make a long explanation post about it but the general gist is that he's been written so badly that he's waaaaaay too overpowered.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: puggsoy, Maxpphire, T_M, Tellis, Kriven
Pretty sure Thor is Marvel.

Unless you want to account is Appearance in Sandman which isn't the same character technically (they are both based after the norse god though).

DC has Batman and Sandman
Marvel has Thor, Iron Man, and Stan Lee

Marvel wins but not by much.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
... YOU SAY SUPERMAN IS BADLY WRITTEN? Well... thats your opinion. Anybody who likes Superman thank this post please! (just so you know I did not do yhis to get popular or get thanks i'm just trying to see who likes Superman.)
Thanked by: Vipershark