Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
iPhone sprite ripping
So, for starts, I've never ripped anything. Like, ever. Now that that's out of the way, lets begin.
I'm trying to rip some awesome sprites from a game called "New York nights" for the iPhone. Unfortunately I don't have the faintest clue what to do. I assume I'll need to use ifunbox, as I don't know any other methods of connecting the iPhone to a computer, except for iTunes, but that doesn't let you do anything Defeated Any help is appreciated!

Also to save another post, are there any legalities to ripping sprites? The project I'm using these for wont generate income, but I just want to make sure so I don't end up sued or something. Thanks!
Thanked by:
Moved to the correct section, and I'll try to make this brief.

-Look online for a download of the game you want to rip, AKA "new york nights ipa download" or something, download should be free
-Open the .IPA with WinZIP/WinRAR/whatever you have
-Check in the "Payload" folder or whatever, look through the files for images (.PNGs, .JPGs, .BMPs etc.) and extract them into another folder
-Arrange onto sheet

And you're done, but keep in mind that many games use weird formats instead of raw image files so if you run into that issue, just post telling us what formats you've run into and we'll see if we can help.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: puggsoy, E-Man, jirachiband
Ok thanks, will do! Hopefully I'll get lucky Smile

Ok, I THINK I found them. I'm hoping to find all the parts for the sprites (hair, face, clothes) but the only way ill know for sure is by checking. The files are all saved as BAR files. What should I do?
Thanked by: Garamonde
Ya, so I've been looking around, but not having any luck with these BAR files. Has anyone heard of them? Better yet, does anyone know what to do with them?
Thanked by:
Upload a BAR file, I'll take a look at it.
Once there was a way to get back homeward
Umm, maybe its a noob question but I have no idea how to upload files. Its probably easy, Im just too computer idiotic to figure it out.
Thanked by:
Well, you need to go to a file hosting site, such as http://filebeam.com/
...then you click "browse", navigate to the folder that has the game's files and upload it.
Afterwards, copy the direct link or file link they give you and paste it here. We'll be able to download it then.
Thanked by: jirachiband
If it's okay for me to ask, what would you do if you were doing, say, Plants Vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time? It appears to store everything in an RSB file, from what I can see (not too much unlike its predecessor). Can these be opened with WinRAR as well?

EDIT: Okay, they can't. What am I meant to use for RSB files? :V
[Image: sig.gif]

I'm a Sonic hacker. 'Nuff said.

WHAT I DO:

Custom Sprite Gallery (restarted on 7/6/2014)
Thanked by:
Hmm, filebeam insists that they only allow certain file types, so ill see if maybe some other website will work

Ok, I think I got it right, I just made an account on 4shared and it says that the upload worked fine. Heres the link:
http://www.4shared.com/file/hO-eCFN6/res_character.html
This is just for ONE of the bar files, if you want more just let me know.

Ok, I think I got it right, I just made an account on 4shared and it says that the upload worked fine. Heres the link:
http://www.4shared.com/file/hO-eCFN6/res_character.html
This is just for ONE of the bar files, if you want more just let me know.

Sorry for the double post! Defeated
}=]
Thanked by:
You can always pack files in an archive (.ZIP/.RAR -- right click the file and choose Send To > Compressed (zipped) folder) and then upload it.
4Shared requires an account for the downloaders to download the file so I'm afraid that doesn't work, just to be safe. Sick
Ok, thanks for the tip, 4shared sounds...fun to deal with. Heres a link for filebeam:
http://fbe.am/oAo
Thanked by: Garamonde, puggsoy
Sorry to butt in all of a sudden, but this looks interesting.

Most of it looks like uncompressed image data to me. Can't say I'm sure though. Whatever the case I expect a custom program would need to be made, it looks like a pretty obscure format.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
I did do a little research and found something called "bar explorer" and apparently this same format is used in some game called "Age of Mythology." Probably for IOS as well. Unfortunately errors showed up when I attempted to use it, so I assume that said program only works with that mythology game. Hopefully we can figure this out, this game has a lot of awesome content in it. Smile
Thanked by:
Age of Mythology is a PC/Mac game, and I'm pretty sure those BAR files are an archive format (which these don't look like) and are probably unrelated.

Anyway, I took a further look at the file but I'm starting to doubt that it contains image data. I'd like to look around the IPA myself if possible. Would you be able to tell me where I could download it? Not a direct link, but just the website's name, since I can't seem to find a download myself.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Really? Most of the names insinuate sprite related things (Ex. Male_parts.bar or whatever its called) but again, I haven't ripped one thing in my life. I actually got mine off 4shared:
(Link removed)
If you don't have a 4shared account, I compressed it into a .zip file on filebeam just now:
(Link removed)

Oh, and the only thing I can recall were two regular image files, but upon opening them, there was just a blank space. There were also some STRINGS files, but their names were...confusing.

EDIT: If anyone else needs the links, just let me know and ill pm it to you
Thanked by: