Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Looney Tunes Show
Anyone else following this? I find it surprisingly decent if very uneven, some episodes really bore me, but some are really good.
Corpulence makes a man reasonable, pleasant and phlegmatic. Have you noticed the nastiest of tyrants are invariably thin?
Thanked by:
Its okay but I certainly prefer the slapsticky, Vaudevilley, and looney originals. My biggest problem with the show is that only three characters are actually funny: Daffy, Lola and Sam.
Bugs is not the wise-ass he should be, Speedy is no longer hyperactive, and all the other characters are barely present.

Thanked by: Virt, Iceman404
you can talk shit about the show all you want

but the Wizard is undeterred.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Shade, Helmo, Kriven, Cshad
I love love love love the originals. They're amazing, and I laugh harder now than I ever did as a kid.
That said, I think the new show is plenty funny and is a good way to keep them relevant in today's world. I still laugh, which is more than I can say about a lot of stuff on TV.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: Virt
I definitely enjoy the new show. There is a lot of subtle references to the classics and it made me like Bugs Bunny as a character. And a good number of the songs are pretty catchy.
[Image: okwksDc.png]
Thanked by:
Well it is certainly the best Looney Tunes adaptation in YEARS. Look at the stuff we had prior to this.

Hey guys, just because I complain about things doesn't mean I think its completely bad.

Thanked by: Ton
You mean Loonatics?
Thanked by:
Do not speak that word!

I was wondering what other people's opinions on this were. It's really cute! Really a cool spin on the series.
Thanked by:
I think it's funny and I like the characters within this specific context, but I don't like how they've kind of warped some of the established personalities.

I'm also disappointed by the lack of Tiny Toons. At least give them some cameos...
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
Tiny Tunes scalar in a very different Looney Tunes universe. In that universe there is no fourth wall, they know they are cartoons and not real. In the Looney Tunes Show they are supposed to be a part of the real world.

Thanked by:
Whether or not they're a part of a different "universe" doesn't really mean they still can't be a part of the show. They're still a cartoon in one sense and they can lack the whole "breaking the fourth wall" thing.

They can definitely put them in as cameos in the least, maybe even throw in some of the Animaniacs characters if the WB still owns them.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: Kriven
Let Tiny Toons stay where it is. Really, it served the same purpose last generation, so I guess this makes The Looney Tunes show kind of a spiritual successor?
Thanked by:
Ironically, I think the Brazilian-Portuguese version is better than the original English version, because they kept the same voice actors from the classic shows (which is impossible in English due to lack of Mel Blanc). It's great to hear the original voices for all the characters; the only different voice is Bugs', but that's acceptable considering the effort they did to keep it the same.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
I think the people doing the characters have been the same actors since ~1996, no?
Thanked by: