Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
3D Pokemon Game *has no name ATM* In Development
Exclamation 
Hello im James Irvine

Im developing a 3d pokemon game that is based on the manga with the video games art style.

the game is still in early development and im looking for people to make sprites!

if your interested email me at:
[email protected]

if you want to see a development video of what im doing and what the game will be about see this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42UH33LZcCo

if you have an idea for the name or suggestions make a comment!
Thanked by:
Looks good for a week of work, how did you solve the billboard layering problem? When I played with Unity I kept seeing the trees change z-depth depending on the camera position. Will you also be using Pokemon as playables or trainers?

And for a quick suggestion, maybe you should try a more anime-like style for the art? HGSS was pretty similar to the anime and I think it would be a perfect fit, as in HGSS the trees and characters were planes and the structures were 3D.
Thanked by: Gamez Console
Yes the game will be 3rd person as a trainer and you will play as the pokemon in battle. Im just doing combat first. I would like to make the game with better graphics but i lack the skill to draw the sprites.
Thanked by:
Though the HGSS section of tSR lacks all the environment pieces, it shouldn't be too hard to extract bits from maps that have been "flattened" like this:
[Image: Kanto_Route_8_HGSS.png]
I do see your point but then i still have to make the pokemon sprites fit in and the human characters as well. Im jst starting with small steps got scratch done today. Starting Bulbasaur today aswell done about four failed sprite attempts so far.
Thanked by:
Alrighty, it was just something for you to consider. Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing how the anime-style battles play out. This could be something pretty spectacular!

(We do have Pokemon sprites by the way)
yer i need just few more than whats there tho,
so thats why im trying to find an artist.

but thanks for the comments and ideas. i will consider upgrading the terrain and the general game art to around SS/HG level but i do need to focus on adding more game play, lots of physics to do.
Thanked by:
Y'know at first I wasn't really expecting much 'cause, well, 3D Pokemon fangame

Then I watched the video and listened to the concept and it's pretty much what I think a Pokemon game should be in the first place.

I am looking forward to this. This is legitimately far more interesting than what Game Freak is doing.
[Image: StickerStageItems.png]
Check out this review blog thing I do! Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch was the latest review!
Thanks alot it support that comes from people like you that make me keep developing in the time since i posted this thread iv done some basic flying physics, sprinting *and working in conjugation with scratch* and dust partials ill post another video soon on what iv done!

with jst some basic flying physics im already really exited to get more done in it, aerial combat is going to be an amazing feature!

Thanks Again and i do understand were your coming from iv seen a lot of fan based games go under or just be well... stupid.
Thanked by:
This looks like it could turn out to be really cool. I can't help you with sprites but good luck with this!
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: