Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Klonoa 2 ripping
I need help with Klonoa 2 ripping, I tried the following methods:
• All the "printscreen" ripping methods (not working because cel shaded models become infinite lenght + shaped objects, this happens in other consoles's games too)
• unpacking method (all the data folders in the disc are BIN files that I don't know how to unpack. There's also an M folder and inside it there's IRX and IMG files)
Is there a way to open these BIN files, or perhaps ripping from RAM?
Thanked by:
EDIT: lol it's a PS2-only release. My bad.

Sorry, don't know how to help you.
Thanked by:
(12-30-2012, 06:48 PM)Friedslick6 Wrote: If you're working with the Wii version, try using NTDecompress to decompress those .BIN files. Then just open the resulting file in BRRESViewer and export the model to a friendlier format.
This method worked for the first Klonoa wii game, anyway.

Klonoa 2 is only PS2, so I'm using PCSX2, I already knew how to rip from wii games. Also there's an easier way instead of NTDecompress, just right click the iso on dolphin and press properties then export the files you need.
Thanked by:
Could you upload an IRX and a corresponding IMG file for analysis? I know there's a IMG+IDX format documented, maybe IRX is just a variant of IDX.
Once there was a way to get back homeward
Thanked by: Garamonde, Vincentmrl
I'll upload them later, I'm not sure what these files are for, since they're in a folder called "M", it could stand for Models or Motor (engine) or Maps, maps is probably what's in there. No ideas about the data BIN files that I'm sure they're containing models and animations?

edit:I forgot to say that there are also .54 files in the game`s ISO, so many formats
Thanked by:
Can you show the full folder hierarchy or are there like a bazillion files?
Thanked by:
(12-31-2012, 06:58 AM)Raccoon Sam Wrote: Can you show the full folder hierarchy or are there like a bazillion files?
Here is the full Hierarchy, As I said in the M folder there are probably engine or map files (psf is Parallels shared files since I have a mac and I use bootcamp for windows, this time I just started it in parallels)
(I don't know why but the new photobucket made the image smaller)
If you want any of the files to analyze them, ask me and I'll give you
Thanked by:
The whole M folder doesn't seem that big. Could you ZIP that and upload it in its entirety? Also, the BGM000.AC3 looks like some archive, so get that up too. And KLDATA1.
I'll see what I can do :>
Thanked by: Garamonde
(01-02-2013, 02:20 AM)Raccoon Sam Wrote: The whole M folder doesn't seem that big. Could you ZIP that and upload it in its entirety? Also, the BGM000.AC3 looks like some archive, so get that up too. And KLDATA1.
I'll see what I can do :>

I'm uploading the files right now, I'll update the post when they are

BGM AND M: http://www.mediafire.com/?u05n1f9ab1no0kc (I think bgm000.ac3 is background music compressed in sony's proprietary audio format)
KLDATA1: http://www.mediafire.com/?y5b4oxlc0z6f2o5 HERE IT IS

Waiting answers!
Thanked by:
Well, the M-files are all system files that don't hold anything visual inside. There are some text and definitions and compiler output.
I'm not sure about the AC3. Could me music, like you said, but it doesn't open in any player I tried.

The BIN file though, yeah. It's graphics. And palettes. Possibly models and other stuff too. I'm at work right now so I can't dwell deeper, but I'm sure that the BIN files are what you're looking for.
The BINs are, in fact, archives (or disk images?) that should be possible to mount/open.

EDIT: the BIN file contains same headers as this game.
Thanked by: Garamonde
so you think that models are in the other KLDATA files?
Thanked by:
I would dare to say so. I mean, the textures are there, and almost always directly after/before them there's some data I can't understand. This is probably 3D model data. I mean, where else could they be? They aren't the IRX-files or the IMGs.
The only option left is the KLDATA or the PPTPACK. Could you upload that too?
Thanked by:
I can't currently upload them now since I'm out for the resr of the week. Anyway tell me the exact names of the files and I'll upload them when i get back home
Thanked by:
Well, compress every BIN and SMV file to 7Z or something and upload it, that ought to do it. :>
Thanked by:
look at this man LOOK AT IT
[Image: QKXjY.png]
[Image: P0wkU.png]
Thanked by: Garamonde, OS-PRIME