Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Fallout 1
For some reason, I cannot find the sprites for Fallout 1 anywhere on the web. So, I extracted them from the game, and am sharing them with you.

It is a big zip file: almost 100 MB, but it contains 58 character sheets, over 2600 animations, and over 112,000 frames! - plus all the icons in your favorite format. Here is the link: EDIT3: Renaming the file changed the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cv047zwp6ly0lee/critters.zip

I hope you have as much fun uploading them as I had making them Tongue

EDIT: Quick Note - these are sheets for the characters (aka critters), ie. NPCs and PCs (not heads, items, tiles, or screens, etc).
EDIT2: I uploaded the contents of the above zip file (all the individual images) here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1fa7ua961zoaakk/efXFRUMCPb - This folder also contains the original zip file, so if you choose Dropbox's "Download as zip", the download size will be double.
Thanked by: puggsoy, HandToeKnee, Belial
Oh sweet! I was considering doing these a while ago but didn't know how to get them in the correct palette since two extraction programs gave different results, or what the correct palette was at all. Either way I didn't really bother to persist with it, although I may have done it later.

You should probably split the ZIP into Heart0 MB chunks for the site and give icons for each of them. Unless of course you're just supplying the sprites, if you can't be bothered to do the rest I can do it instead.

Anyway this is awesome, thanks man!
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
(11-26-2012, 12:18 PM)puggsoy Wrote: You should probably split the ZIP into Heart0 MB chunks for the site and give icons for each of them. Unless of course you're just supplying the sprites, if you can't be bothered to do the rest I can do it instead.

Icons are included. The 30 MB chunk I thought was for minus.com (which no longer accepts zip files); however, if that is a spriters-resource limit, then I will be happy to oblige.
Thanked by:
This is epic. Nice job Big Grin
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
Thanked by:
(11-26-2012, 12:20 PM)napalm22 Wrote: Icons are included. The 30 MB chunk I thought was for minus.com (which no longer accepts zip files); however, if that is a spriters-resource limit, then I will be happy to oblige.

Oh OK that's cool, I didn't realise the icons were in the ZIP since I haven't downloaded it yet, but I can see them now on Dropbox.

But I can see now that the ZIP contains sheets, I thought it was actually the game files exactly. In that case you don't have to split up the ZIP. I thought that you just had all the original files in the ZIP and that it would be uploaded like that.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
Good thing I uploaded the contents as well! I almost didn't. Smile
Thanked by:
Nice one! I'll get on uploading these tomorrow! I love Fallout 1.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by: Garamonde, Ton
Hey Dazz (or napalm), it might be good to remove the "Thumbs.db" file that's in there before it's uploaded. Tongue
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
MJ, it's a zip filled with sheets that are to be uploaded separately... The thumbs.db file isn't important.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
I decided that since I had all the scripts built, I would export the Talking Heads as well:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ib7bfe1ajxuijk/heads.zip

(It oddly enough is only 30 MB, and it does not contain Thumbs.db Smile )

NOTE: Since there are multiple groups, I have renamed the file in the opening post, and have updated the link.

Might as well keep it going, huh...

Skilldex, Icon
Thanked by:
Ohoho YES. Downloading the Skilldex sheet, Vault Boy is awesome.

Out of curiosity, how are you ripping these? You mentioned scripts?
Thanked by:
I am using DAT Explorer v0.3 to export the FRM files from the included DAT files.
Then I am using frm2bmp to convert the FRM files to BMP.
Then, irfan to convert from bmp to gif.
Then some custome php scripts to merge the frames into animation sheets, and the animation sheets into character sheets.

Most of these tools come from http://modguide.nma-fallout.com/tools/
Thanked by: puggsoy
(11-26-2012, 01:42 PM)Dazz Wrote: MJ, it's a zip filled with sheets that are to be uploaded separately... The thumbs.db file isn't important.

Oh, right.
Welp I'm dumb.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
Since GIF's colour depth is always 8-Bit, does it have some funny filters or is the GIF format always keeping the original colours and gradients as long as the pictures don't have more than 256 colours?
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by:
Depends on the program used for creating the GIF and the options.
It is quite possible to maintain the original colours if there were no more than 256 different ones (8 bit per channel).
Thanked by: